Cloverfield 4: Overlord (October 26, 2018)

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I remember when I watched the first Cloverfield film, I admit, I didn't really care about the film much at all. I enjoyed it as a half-way decent found-footage monster film, but I didn't really have much else to say about it other than that. Then, 10 Cloverfield Lane came around and grabbed my attention. Though, some don't like the approach of loosely (and messily) connected universes, I actually like the concept a great deal (kind-of Black Mirror-esque), and I really liked 10 Cloverfield Lane. I thought it was a very enjoyable film. Unfortunately, I did not like The Cloverfield Paradox, at all, in-fact.

Now, it looks as though it's already time to move forward with Cloverfield 4: Overworld. Let's kick-off with the basics - this film will not be a direct follow-up to any of the films that happened before it. In-fact, this film will take place during World War 2.

In Overlord, set during World War II, “On the eve of D-Day, a group of American paratroopers are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success, but as they approach their target, they begin to realize there is more going on in this Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation. They find themselves fighting against supernatural forces, part of a Nazi experiment.”
I'm casually optimistic. Honestly, I think the best way to approach these films is with how you approach any science-fiction film at all. When a trailer comes out, decide if you're into it, decide if you're not. Because the film as a franchise entry doesn't carry any actual weight behind its quality, as demonstrated.

The film is set to arrive October 26, 2018, although, that could certainly change.

What are your guys' thoughts?

The Bib-iest of Nickels
This concept actually reminds me of what was intended with the Halloween series. Like, after Halloween II, when they did Season of the Witch involving those masks. The intent was to have a new "evil" each film. If they can return-to-form with the fourth Cloverfield, this could work as an avenue for science-fiction films that other-wise wouldn't be made.