The Cloverfield Paradox

Tools    

The Bib-iest of Nickels
The first Cloverfield was an entertaining and decent science fiction film. However, in my opinion, 10 Cloverfield Lane took things to a whole different level. The film came outta scenic nowhere but ended up as one of the best films released this year. Not only that, but attaining 100 million at the box-office, it's no surprise J.J. Abrams and company would want to keep exploring the many possibilities that the series has to offer.

Well, The Wrap has an article with a lot of details about the next installment. The film is already in production and is titled "God Particle". According to the article, the film will be about a team of astronauts who make a "shock discovery" and end up fighting for their survival in what is described as some type of alternative reality. The film will star David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi, Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Bruhl and Chris O'Dowd. Produced by Abrams, the film will be directed by Julis Onah based off a script by Oren Uziel.

This is exciting news, although, I look at it as more of a distinctive Bad Robot science-fiction film than I do a sequel to 10 Cloverfield Lane or Cloverfield. I wonder how it connects to them, however, and I wonder what the odds are we'll have a direct-sequel to Lane down-the-line. The film arrives February 24th, 2017, which means it's likely another smaller budget affair, which I am perfectly fine with. Honestly, I'm nothing but happy about reading this news! What about you?

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I thought 10 Cloverfield wasn't tied or related to the first movie?.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I thought 10 Cloverfield wasn't tied or related to the first movie?.
J. J. Abrams claims that the films do have a connection and are set in the same "universe," this film deals with altered universes, so it could be a way to connect them.

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
J. J. Abrams claims that the films do have a connection and are set in the same "universe," this film deals with altered universes, so it could be a way to connect them.
Think thats BS. I think they used the Cloverfield title to pull in the audience. Apparently 10 Cloverfield had 3 previous titles before they actually went with the Cloverfield title.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Think thats BS. I think they used the Cloverfield title to pull in the audience. Apparently 10 Cloverfield had 3 previous titles before they actually went with the Cloverfield title.
10 Cloverfield Lane was developed from a script called The Cellar that originally had no connection to Cloverfield, correct, but that doesn't mean it won't eventually interconnect or parallel. I like the anthology concept though, reminds me of what they wanted to do with Halloween III and afterward with a new idea each time. I wouldn't be surprised if alternative realities are used as a means to connect them.

10 Cloverfield Lane was not tied to Cloverfield directly, but as McConnaughay said, it's set in the same universe. Personally, I didn't like 10CL, it felt like two different films and only the first half was decent. On paper, the plot to this film has so much potential to be outstanding. Here's hoping its execution will make it a reality.

I hated Cloverfield with a passion (it was *****) and absolutely refuse to watch some film that is entirely different but set in the same universe (10 cloverfield lane), that is so bloody stupid and convoluted and this news off a third makes me want to cut my wrists

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I hated Cloverfield with a passion (it was *****) and absolutely refuse to watch some film that is entirely different but set in the same universe (10 cloverfield lane), that is so bloody stupid and convoluted and this news off a third makes me want to cut my wrists
Well aint you a bundle of fun.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Damn, Debbie. Hate to see what you do when the trailer drops.

10 Cloverfield Lane was developed from a script called The Cellar that originally had no connection to Cloverfield, correct, but that doesn't mean it won't eventually interconnect or parallel. I like the anthology concept though, reminds me of what they wanted to do with Halloween III and afterward with a new idea each time. I wouldn't be surprised if alternative realities are used as a means to connect them.
You are speaking my language.

This might just do nobody any good.
Viral marketing campaign has begun (on the 10th anniversary of the first Cloverfield trailer, btw).

The movie’s got a great cast; David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Brühl, Chris O’Dowd, John Ortiz and Aksel Hennie.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Viral marketing campaign has begun (on the 10th anniversary of the first Cloverfield trailer, btw).

http://tagruato.jp

The movie’s got a great cast; David Oyelowo, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Ziyi Zhang, Elizabeth Debicki, Daniel Brühl, Chris O’Dowd, John Ortiz and Aksel Hennie.
Oh dear. I think that has a virus on it, Saunch.OT Saunch, what happened to your croc dundee sequel thread? I cant find.

Oh, goodness. Something happen? That’s the link used on multiple sites. Removed it.

Oh, goodness. Something happen? That’s the link used on multiple sites. Removed it.
No all safe this end. Just letting you know. I've never seen that happen before. Gremlins!

Oh dear. I think that has a virus on it, Saunch.OT Saunch, what happened to your croc dundee sequel thread? I cant find.
I don't think it's a virus, it's just viral marketing.

I don't think it's a virus, it's just viral marketing.
Thank yu

So, as Cloverfield 3 makes its way towards release (in whatever platform that may be), Cloverfield 4 has already finished filming. The “one after the next” installment is called Overlord and it’s set in WWII.

On the eve of D-Day, American paratroopers are dropped behind enemy lines to carry out a mission crucial to the invasion’s success. But as they approach their target, they begin to realize there is more going on in this Nazi-occupied village than a simple military operation.