Terminator Reboot... A Stand Alone Trilogy

Tools    

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/termin...-a-new-trilogy

May as well get a new thread for this one... Terminator really is being rebooted...

... yes, really, not another one of my wind-ups.

Schwarzenegger is set to have a role in the first of the new trilogy.

There have been whispers that the new films will be based in the past... going after either Connor as a young child, or even going after her parents before she was born.

Failing that, I was thinking it may not even be about the Connor family at all.
Who's to say there wasn't another saviour of mankind that the Machines killed in the past and after that saviour was killed and the timelines were skewed, Connor became the new saviour?

Might be an interesting twist if that were the case.

Release date is 26th June 2015.

Thoughts?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Reboots, die in a fire already.

I've just clicked on something...

If they go down the route of having a different saviour that was wiped out before Connor became the new boy...

Maybe Schwarzenegger is the old saviour, and the Machines kill him and then use his likeness for the 800 Series.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im happy just for new Terminator as long as it isnt anything like Terminator 3, trying to bring comedy into it, tut tut.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Hmmm, no interest in this at all. The first Terminator was by far the best, after that they just went weaker and weaker.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Couldn't choose between these two gifs to sum up my feelings

I'm just speechless and complete disheartened.

Didn't really get all the hate on T3. Thought it was enjoyable (obviously not a scratch on the first two). The crane chase scene blew me away; when the crane arm chops through those buildings...

T3 was terrible, I'd of rather have been poked in my eye.
That's a good point, but I'd like to offer my rebuttle.

Naked Kristanna Loken.

Yeah but the 2.5 seconds of naked Kristanna Loken doesn't make up for the 90+ minutes of action-comedy that followed.

I am done with this crap. I am done with them changing the history of a movie or having them do stupid stuff like go back in time and go after SARAH CONNER'S PARENTS, if that's going to be the case.

I tried watching the new Hannibal show last night -- stupid.

I am done with all of this. I love these franchises, but I have no interest in seeing a bunch of new, stupid gimmicks to revisit them. Most of the time, they aren't filmed with any originality or any original style. It all just feels like fodder.

Remember when people used to complain about a franchise having too many sequels? This is just as bad as that, I feel. Having too many reimaginings or whatever is just as bad! The new Hannibal show sucks. A new Terminator trilogy is going to suck, too.

Why don't they try to make new movies instead of reproducing the old classics again (usually in a very inferior form)?
But, there's not a guarenteed audience? Won't someone think of the producers(!) They might only make millions of dollars or even, heaven forefend, make a loss.

Some of these things are ok, so long as you completely ignore the source. For example, Hannibal's ok. I'm not sure if I'm going to continue with it or not, but you can't think of it having anything to do with Silence Of The Lambs or the character, Hannibal Lector.

I ended up really liking Elementary, but only because I don't associate it with Sherlock Holmes.

I wish theyd never made T3 and think TYerminator Salvation was really well directed and cast.

Im actually looking forward to seeing what they do with a new Terminator. I know the odds are it will be utter pants, but there are a lot of ways I think they could make it amazing. Be very interesting to see what spins and twists they can come up with to make it work well.

I wish theyd never made T3 and think TYerminator Salvation was really well directed and cast.

Im actually looking forward to seeing what they do with a new Terminator. I know the odds are it will be utter pants, but there are a lot of ways I think they could make it amazing. Be very interesting to see what spins and twists they can come up with to make it work well.
The only thing that could be amazing about a new Terminator film is if it doesn't get made.

The only thing that could be amazing about a new Terminator film is if it doesn't get made.
Use your imagination, think of the greatness they could do with it. Its been almost 30years since the original. A re-make could be something amazing if done correctly. A sequel could be fantastic if they dont go OTT with CGI and effects and try to avoid the ways of T3, or a completely new spin on it altogether.

Like I say, they probably wont make it anywhere near as good as it could be, but it will be interesting to see what they do manage to do with it....

Use your imagination, think of the greatness they could do with it. Its been almost 30years since the original. A re-make could be something amazing if done correctly. A sequel could be fantastic if they dont go OTT with CGI and effects and try to avoid the ways of T3, or a completely new spin on it altogether.

Like I say, they probably wont make it anywhere near as good as it could be, but it will be interesting to see what they do manage to do with it....
Oh I agree with you, the concept and idea's are there, but I don't think we will ever get anything as good as the first two movies. Another Terminator movie will just be a huge summer blockbuster, full of CGI and over the top action.