Which movie do you wish you could see again for the first time?

Tools    

We all have favorite movies we've watched countless times; but what is that one, all-time film, that is so fricking great, you wish you could erase it from your memory; just so you could stroll down to the theatre one day and discover it all over again for the first time.

Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway and Inland Empire are never quite as disturbingly powerful as they are when you're first seeing them, jaw dropped, and whispering to yourself "wtf am I watching?". What makes them great is how each time you watch them again, it's a complete different experience. You're essentially familiarizing yourself with the utterly unfamiliar, and that's a beautiful thing.

Just another reviewer
I think some films depend on timing. How old you where, how you saw the film. Some of your greatest films could be based out of pure nostalgia. Maybe if you saw a film at a different time you wouldn't feel the same about it. But that's just Hypothetical right?

You ready? You look ready.
Nuff said.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

You ready? You look ready.
Haha, I knew you would join me with this one
I'd be stupid not to, of course. That movie changed my life, and I'd give anything to recreate that awe-inspiring experience. Alas, it cannot be.

McClane, your last post in the actual movie discussion forums was on 09-28-2010, and "nuff said" is all you have to say?

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
We all have favorite movies we've watched countless times; but what is that one, all-time film, that is so fricking great, you wish you could erase it from your memory; just so you could stroll down to the theatre one day and discover it all over again for the first time.

Def Star Wars. But only if my 9 yr old self watched it again for the 1st time. It's hard to believe nowadays with 24 hr multi-media outlets, but away back in 77', my brother and I went to see this because, and really only because, it was the Feature playing at the Theatre, and the poster looked cool.

I think re-viewings of the truly good films are just as rewarding as the first viewing, albeit in different manners.

So, as for films that I loved the first time and didn't care for at all the second time, I would say...well I don't know, I've clearly forgotten them

Wait... why I can't get the download to work? Could somebody maybe provide me with another source?

Not sure what's up with the streaming player there, but I might have to replace it.

In the meantime, try using the "Download this File" link -- it takes a moment, but it should work.

I don't think it's possible to get the same effect if you erased the movie from your memory and went down to the movie theatre, or something, to experience it again. I honestly think liking a movie depends very much on where you're at in your life at the time. That's why sometimes movies aren't always so powerful to you/become less interesting.

So, going by that, I couldn't pick a movie to do this with, because I might get a much weaker effect. Also, how do you erase the impact a good movie has done to your life? Maybe it's just me, but I would assume a movie could affect your life in a lot of ways you may not realize -- or maybe you do. Would you have to eliminate those things?

There is no going back. There is, however, a chance to rewatch the film more times. Maybe there will a come a time where rewatching the film is better than the first time.

Absolutely. Well said. My favorite film of all time is only my favorite film of all time because of how perfectly its content corresponded with what was happening in my life then. Because of that coincidence, it changed my life, and I owe it that forever.

I think that true great films get even better and more rewarding on repeat viewings. But to answer your question I would have to say Memento.