Music in Film

Tools    

Conan the Barbarian, by Basil Poledouris

The Coen Brothers did it again!! I saw The Man Who Wasn't There last night, and couldn't believe how beautiful the score was. All piano--Beethoven, Chopin, and who know who else. I buying that one. Buying the sheet music too.

(not in any perticular order...)
Jurassic Park
Gladiator
E.T.
Saving Private Ryan
Lord of the Rings
Back to the Future
The Patriot
Unbreakable
Titanic (only the music, not the movie
Braveheart
anything else by John Williams

braveheart, crouching tiger hidden dragon, last of the mohicans, princess mononoke, and shenmue (yes they did make a movie out of that. and to listen to some of the best music ever click here) http://www.segaweb.com/features/shen2d.htm

I'll go with American Beauty. Braveheart was good too.

Yes to Man Who Wasn't There. sonata in c-sharp minor is my all time favorite. i like The Royal Tenenbaums music too, so pretty.

One of the most gorgeous pieces of music that I've ever heard is Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings that was used in Platoon. It didn't sound as good in that movie as it could have (it was played too fast and it was chopped up so it fit with the scenes, so the full effect of the suspense that is built wasn't really there), but it is a fantastic piece.

Movie scores that I love:

Fellowship of the Ring
The original three Star Wars movies
Jurassic Park
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story
Titanic
Schindler's List (Itzhak Perlman on a violin is almost enough to make me cry)

1. Lawrence of Arabia - Original Music by Maurice Jarre

2. Doctor Zhivago - Original Music by Maurice Jarre

3. Exodus - Original Music by Ernest Gold

4. Ben-Hur - Original Music by Miklós Rózsa

5. In the Mood for Love - Original Music by Shigeru Umebayashi

6. The Great Escape - Original Music by Elmer Bernstein

7. The Pink Panther - Original Music by Henry Mancini

8. The Empire Strikes Back - Original Music by John Williams

9. Dr. No - Original Music by Monty Norman

10. Raiders of the Lost Ark - Original Music by John Williams

Click on the titles to open up a sample of the theme. All themes use Windows Media Player with the exception of In the Mood for Love, which uses Real Player.

Enjoy!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

LOTR: Fellowship of the rings
Spiderman

the music for the whole kill bill is good, part 1 and 2 is cool

but once upon a time in the west had a theme music that brought tears to my eyes. It was that good

grr....

Somebody better listen to some of my top ten and say, "Ooohhh....you're so right...as usual!!!"

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
grr....

Somebody better listen to some of my top ten and say, "Ooohhh....you're so right...as usual!!!"

.... Yes Sir... General Slay.... well done.... and you're right... as usual... well... um... hmmm... except you forgot The Last of the Mohicans...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Marry me Caity!

I didn't like The Last of the Mohicans, sorry. And because I didn't like it, I've forgotten nearly everything about it...including the music.

A system of cells interlinked
Slay those links aren't working for me. Well, the real audio track does but the WMP tracks aren't.

I'll take your word for it on these

Guy Ritchie's Swept Away featured Mazzy Star's 'fade into you'...one of the most beautiful songs ever. della reese's 'come on to my house'
very sexy!

Originally Posted by Sedai
Slay those links aren't working for me. Well, the real audio track does but the WMP tracks aren't.

I'll take your word for it on these
Probably need a newer version. Sorry.

Eyes Wide Shut.
That part in that temple (whore house, cult HQ, whatever) where they're doing their ritual. That chant... oh man. I must've rewinded that part at least 12 times, and at least 5 of those times was for the music (not the naked women ).

Resident Evil.
Good stuff by Manson and Beltrami. WOW.

hmmm also I'd have to say Passion of Christ.

EDIT:
oh and donnie darko.

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I recently was given the Passion of the Christ soundtrack. I thought it was very good.
I don't particulary get soundtracks to movies, but that one i did. I also have City of Angels and Varsity Blues.

Plus a lady fan of PimpDaShizzle V2.0 and Most importantly JRS

I love a lot of the stuff Angelo Badalamenti does for David Lynch.