...Your favourite horror movie...

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
Damn you Kent, you should be slapped.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I get that a lot

Ok, I don't think anyone has mentioned John Carpenter's The Thing yet. So, there ya go. Damn good horror movie.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
not mentioned on this thread...but millions of other threads about scary movies.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by spudracer
Ok, I don't think anyone has mentioned John Carpenter's The Thing yet. So, there ya go. Damn good horror movie.
check out mightymose, third post down on first page

My favorite horror movie... hmm... I'll give you my top 3 even though I have TONS.

1. The Sixth Sense
2. Halloween (series)
3. Child's Play (series)

To know more about me, go to: http://www.expage.com/ShuuichiKurama17

I realize this thread hasn't been posted on for awhile, but I couldn't resist... horror is just the best...

Peter Jackson's early stuff is most excellent, althought Dead Alive and Bad Taste (both two of my favorites) are less horror than they are just gross as all get out. Gotta love gore without plot.

Of course, the Evil Dead movies. Gore *with* plot.

Werewolf movies: An American Werewolf in London, The Howling (cowritten by John Sayles--that always makes me smile), Ginger Snaps (a most awesome Canadian indie).

Carpenter's The Thing, definitely. And Halloween.

Waxwork and Waxwork II (schlockfests both, but worthy)

The original Haunting--gets me goosepimply freaked out every time.

The Ugly. A pretty neat little movie that I was lucky to find in my local video stores.

Pumpkinhead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Scream. I'm going to stop now, but I could go on for miles and miles.

I agree with Spudracer. The magic is becoming gone. As in Scream 3. Ive seen that movie once. There is no big hype or anything. Stephen King has some good movies such as IT. I guess Resident Evil is considered Horror also. Thats another of my favs.

Originally posted by Radical Ed
The magic is becoming gone. As in Scream 3. Ive seen that movie once. There is no big hype or anything.
Sigh.... I know, Ed, I know. Compared to the first two movies, Scream 3 is a big, stinking cheeselog. Before it came out, it had major, major hype... shame on them all!

I guess I have to go with The Blair Witch Project. It's the only horror movie to actually give me goose bumps, at the very ending more than any other. Most horror movies that show you the "monster" just don't do it for me. This movie makes me wonder how I would react in the middle of nowhere with all those creepy things going on around me...in the dark. "There's no f***ing baby out there"~sniff~.
Second would be The Thing, damn but that's another one that gets to me. Stuck out in the middle of nowhere again, not knowing who's who. Very intense.
Third, I like The Omen I & II, The Exorcist, Rosemarys Baby, Burnt Offerings, and The People Under the Stairs...couldn't chhose

Fighting out of the Lions Den
"The Thing"..."The Entity"..."The Shining"

The Thing
The Shining
Halloween(series)
Blair Witch
any hammer horror films
The Exorcist
The Omen 1 & 2
The Fog
House on haunted hill (b/w version + new one)
IT
Carrie
Poltergeist
Psycho

plus tons more.............

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by cherry
House on haunted hill (b/w version + new one)
I absolutely HATE the new one. It was so utterly and completely, lame.

Originally posted by sadesdrk
I absolutely HATE the new one. It was so utterly and completely, lame.
I have to agree. I wanted every one of those idiots to die--and, while this is not always an indication that the movie itself is lame, in this case, it was a very good indication.

And I've realized that I forgot to put Tremors and The Thing and Alien (not to mention The Exorcist) on my list. But these oversights have been... corrected.

any hammer horror films
Rock on! My friend Ange is a huge Hammerphile--she's got damn near all of them on tape, especially the vampire flicks. They're lots and lots of good cheesy fun.

Are you sure you're not thinking of The Haunting? I happened to severely dig the 1999 version of House on Haunted Hill. The ending was a tad dumb, I admit, but overall I thought it was very, very creepy. Especially the uprising in the mental hospital...scares me just to think about it.

Originally posted by Yoda
Are you sure you're not thinking of The Haunting? I happened to severely dig the 1999 version of House on Haunted Hill. The ending was a tad dumb, I admit, but overall I thought it was very, very creepy. Especially the uprising in the mental hospital...scares me just to think about it.
The mental hospital stuff was creepy, I admit. But they didn't use it nearly enough, from what I remember.

Yeah, that's true. Not nearly enough of it. I thought the bit with the roller coaster was devlishly clever, though...and the weird fast-head-movement thingy freaked me out.