Is Joss Whedon's Angel a good show?

Tools    

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I kind of waffle back and forth between whether I like Buffy or Angel more. I think it depends on which season I am watching of which show.

On a side note, yesterday I watched the episodes where they go to Pylea and find Fred. Those were really awful episodes. I remember not liking them that much, but I had forgotten how bad they were.

Except for when they first get there and Angel discovers that he isn't going to catch on fire. That was pretty damn funny.

I kind of waffle back and forth between whether I like Buffy or Angel more. I think it depends on which season I am watching of which show.
That's a good point. Overall I think Angel is of a higher quality, mainly in terms of the writing and the supporting acting/guests as well as the darker, more adult themes. But there's episodes and season of Buffy which exceed anything that Angel did, IMO.

On a side note, yesterday I watched the episodes where they go to Pylea and find Fred. Those were really awful episodes. I remember not liking them that much, but I had forgotten how bad they were.
I hated those too. A real shame, considering that I think season 2 of Angel is, by far, the best season of Angel. That said... SLIGHT SPOILER

Seeing Cordelia on her throne, in all her... erm... finery, was certainly a sight to behold.

I hated those too. A real shame, considering that I think season 2 of Angel is, by far, the best season of Angel. That said... SLIGHT SPOILER

Agreed. Kinda. Season was on it's way to being the best season of Angel until those last few eps. Really slowed down the momentum on that one because I don't even think that season 2 had an episode that was less than good until then. A real, real shame.

Seeing Cordelia on her throne, in all her... erm... finery, was certainly a sight to behold.

Lol, yeah Cordelia looked quite fine in that outfit.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
A good read on where the writer's dropped the ball with the Cordelia character.

Finishing off the final season of Angel with the girlfriend, just watched A Whole In The World which I hoped would be a bit more emotional. The girlfriend cried anyway.

Suspect's Reviews

Semper Fooey
The finale sucked.

So may of those episodic supernatural/science fiction series had unsatisying conclusions like the writers never figured out how it was supposed to end, just make it up as they went along.

A system of cells interlinked
Awesome show!

The finale sucked.
Couldn't disagree more. A brilliant finale and one that saved the season, IMO. I know that I like season 5 a lot less than others, but that finale and the Spike/ Illyria stuff are what would make me go back to it. I think the ending is 100x better than the ending of Buffy and they were only given 5 episosdes notice that they'd been cancelled. Maybe they should've done the same with Buffy?

Not for me. I found the Buffy ending terrible and a real copout. If anything, it wasn't emotional enough. Everyone but the Scoobies was the least I was expecting.