Favorite TV Show

Tools    

After the finale of Justified, I am so close to saying that this is for sure my new favorite show. The acting is absolutely top notch. I can't think of a feature film in the same genre with better performances...

After the finale of Justified, I am so close to saying that this is for sure my new favorite show. The acting is absolutely top notch. I can't think of a feature film in the same genre with better performances...
The only TV program with more sex and violence and even better actors than Justified is The Tudors, but lord, look at the script they have to work with! No one could make up anything as good as the truth of what went on in Henry's court. I have my system set to record both series.

One series I had a lot of hopes for when it first started was that Amazing Grace thing about the policewoman with her guardian angel Earl. But it degenerated into neurotics with guns. The crimes they were supposed to be investigating were so minimal that they could just as well been washing machine repairmen. And none of the so-called criminals were nearly as dangerous to the public and other law officers than those neurotic cops. Grace's sidekick, the gal who played George Segal's daughter in the Just Shoot Me series, is so tiresome in her role. On top of that, the actress playing Grace just doesn't do it for me. She's not good-looking enough to get even 1 boyfriend, much less lay the whole police department. Boy, talk about the poster girl for a STD sign! Too paraphrase an ol' Texas saying, if she had as many sticking out of her as she had stuck in her, she'd look like a damn porcupine!

Even with all its flaws, I love 24. It's gripping and addicting. I didn't even like it at first, but I had to keep watching just to see what happened. Then, I was hooked. The characters, while many are annoying, are terrific for the amount of time we know them. Plus, you can't get more bad-ass than Jack Bauer. In all his glory, we still get to see a human side of him too, which is why I'm always cheering for him.

Animu is TV after all. NGE of course. The greatest work of film in the history of evar. As for "real" TV, Twin Peaks. I also loved Lost for a long while, but the ending gave me massive mystery blue balls, so I've kind of disowned it. What's the point of analyzing it? They never had any intention of having any of it make sense.

What's the point of analyzing it? They never had any intention of having any of it make sense.
Of course they didn't. I thought that was pretty clear from the first episodes of the first season. It's also one of the reasons I stopped watching after about 9 episodes.

30 Rock
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Star Trek: TNG
Frasier
Everybody Loves Raymond
Ugly Americans

i like simson and
lost

The Simpsons are great. At least they were until a few years ago.

Lost was great. At least it was until the very last episode.

I think the greatest 30 minute show in recent history was Arrested Development. Everything about that show was epic, in my opinion.

I also love The Wire, Dexter, and Community. But I binge watch all these shows. I don't really watch TV, I just watch the DVDs.

I absolutely loved Lost up until the last season. I think it was supposed to be analyzed. There were a lot of connecting themes throughout the first few seasons that I think demanded analysis. But, in the end, without giving away too many spoilers, none of it effing mattered. I did not like the ending, but how could it live up to expectations?

I'd have to say House has been my faviourite show since its pilot. Absolutely love the show. Whether its because I relate so much to the character or just find the style fun.

In saying that others that rate highly are:

NCIS, Supernatural, Family Guy, 24 other sentimental favs are cancelled shows that were Australian made you wouldnt of even heard of Blue Heelers and Lano & Woodley. Thanks to magic of DVD we can live moments again and again.

Cant wait for this guy to get back. Funniest guy on the planet.

Sometimes I'll watch:

Family Guy is the best and my favorite show. I really like to watch this show.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I'd have to say House has been my faviourite show since its pilot. Absolutely love the show. Whether its because I relate so much to the character or just find the style fun.
As far as regular tv goes, it's tops for me too. The dialogue is amazing, and it's a very non-sentimental show, which I appreciate very much.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

I'm assuming you mean non-sentimental for an American show, yes? For the last couple of seasons, I'd say that House was always watchable, but rarely interesting.

The Original, I'm assuming

I'm hooked on....

Bored to Death
The Big C
Pillars of the Earth
Caprica

I was getting into Flash Forward and the Suicide-themed sitcom Gravity but both were cancelled!