Best Surprise Endings?

Tools    

So many good movies, so little time.
I would have to say "The Sting" because most people don't know what the real sting was (and it was a surprise). I think it also makes the movie very special.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Put me in your pocket...
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not (2002)~ The twist at the end surprised me....and it was nicely done.

Adaptation (2002)~ That huge baring twist towards the end really surprised me.

im surprised no one has mentioned American Physco

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i agree with nitro_69 i thought Identity started off as being completely forgettable but then had me gripped and the ending was amazingly surprising i couldnt believe it!

The ususal suspects has one of the best endings ive ever seen, i had no idea

planet of the apes unless you already totally know the story then you will have no idea whats gonna happen and where they really are.

Scream 3
i thought the ending to the trilogy was great-my favourite of the series, better dialogue, better surprises, better death scenes and an amazing plot twist at the end

I know this isnt really that credible a point because they're all based on books and so then of course they have to have a twist but the Harry potter films all have great twists at the end. For example POA, who knew it was the bleedin rat?!

Kiss the girls
had a great twist and you totally would never suspect that character, great stuff

David Lynch makes the best surprise endings. Its all about the end of the Game and Fight Club.

Originally Posted by Hellraiser
David Lynch makes the best surprise endings. Its all about the end of the Game and Fight Club.
Errrr, do you mean David FINCHER, director of Fight Club and The Game? Or David Lynch, the director of Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive?
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I quite liked the twist in the Fight Club...it wasnt really that suprising when i watched the movie, because I already read the book, but it was still good.

Frailty yo
"What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You're left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it's knowing you carry your scars with you." -Charles Frazier

"I would kill someone in front of their own mama for a ten speed. And if anyone testifies against me I'll gouge their eyes out."

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Fall-From-Grace could you elaborate on that 'Frailty yo' slightly for me?
The end of the sixth sense

and he loves me he loves me not

the teenage movie critic
Fight Club
Sixth Sense
Club Dread -- just kidding

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Fall-From-Grace could you elaborate on that 'Frailty yo' slightly for me?
Sure! I would love too! You see, "Frailty" is a movie and it is a movie I thought was appropriate because I thought it had a pretty good "suprise ending." You know, where the guy telling the story to the cop wasn't who we thought it was the whole movie.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Fall-from-Grace
Sure! I would love too! You see, "Frailty" is a movie and it is a movie I thought was appropriate because I thought it had a pretty good "suprise ending." You know, where the guy telling the story to the cop wasn't who we thought it was the whole movie.
so i guess u really had to see the film to have any idea about what u were talking about

The biggest surprise endings imo:

1) LOTR: ROTK
WARNING: "ROTK" spoilers below

Frodo actually destroys the ring, and Aragorn does become King

2) Matrix: Reloaded, Revolutions, Revolver, whatever the **** the final movie was called.
WARNING: "Matrix" spoilers below

In a surprising move, the Wachowskis decide to make a 3rd Matrix movie. You may be able to find it at your local underground movie store.

3) Troy
WARNING: "Troy" spoilers below

The whole movie was fairly surprising, considering you go into the movie expecting to hear the story of Troy.

765456786543556767675464335443654776567657657) Fight Club
WARNING: "Fight Club" spoilers below

Fight Club sucked.

one other good suprise ending was" shade " and "confidence " if u havent seen them rent them
thanx
rogers guy!