Friday The 13 remake

→ in
Tools    

i kinda liked it but it always has the same thing like girls having sex getting killed by a man with a machete the boy fights back he dies the girl screams

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A system of cells interlinked
i kinda liked it but it always has the same thing like girls having sex getting killed by a man with a machete the boy fights back he dies the girl screams

BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the whole subtext of the film originally though, as intended by the director of the first film - that casual sex gets you into trouble. I thought this was almost painfully obvious.

Subtext in film - look into it.

Also - This film isn't a remake. That is something else that should be painfully obvious, especially if you watched it. If it was a remake of the first film, in which Jason wasn't even a character, than the killer would have turned out to be someone else, yes? But no, we are treated to flashbacks of events allegedly from the first two films, portrayed by different actors, to get us up to speed as to what happened before. If it is a remake of the first film, why is there already an old legend about Jason? The characters in this new film talk about the events of the previous films for crying out loud. They find the ancient head of the mother in Jason's old house. That means dude has to be about 68 in this new film. He was probably pissed all the kids came to take his grass, yes?

Oh well, i did like it, but definitely a no beat to the original... definitely

I will be doing an in depth review of this shortly but let me enlighten you about the wonderful world of horror movies. In order for any horror film to work you need three basic elements.

1: Someone must make a stupid decision.
2: Sex and Drugs- Bad choices...
3: The villian must be smarter than the victims.

This mvie accomplished all three. Everyone does drugs and has sex, and they all make stupid mdecisions such as the black kid leaving the house to find the asian kid. And Voorhee's is smarter than them. Also, you don't understand... it's not just the same voorhees killing everyone with a machette.

Voorhee's has become more closely related to a person. He was modernized in this film, which makes him a better killer. What do I mean? Here is a list of what makes the new Jason different, yet better, than the old Jason.

1: He can run.
2: He uses lights and technology.
3: He has an intricate system of bells to alert him to people.
4: He use's the machette.
5: He uses a Bear Trap.
6: He ties people in slepping bags on fire.
7: He uses a bow and arrow.
8: He is crafty enough to get on a roof.
9: He is undead but has human qualities.
10: He doesn't just vanish and then show up in front of you. He actually has to run and catch up with you.

Also - This film isn't a remake. That is something else that should be painfully obvious, especially if you watched it. If it was a remake of the first film, in which Jason wasn't even a character, than the killer would have turned out to be someone else, yes? But no, we are treated to flashbacks of events allegedly from the first two films, portrayed by different actors, to get us up to speed as to what happened before. If it is a remake of the first film, why is there already an old legend about Jason? The characters in this new film talk about the events of the previous films for crying out loud. They find the ancient head of the mother in Jason's old house. That means dude has to be about 68 in this new film. He was probably pissed all the kids came to take his grass, yes?
This was in fact a remake. Sorry to burst your bubble. I know someone that worked on this movie, hence I got the DVD when it hadn't even come out in theaters yet. But according to the director, producer, and editors. This movie is a remake of the first three Friday films. Allow me to explain. Here are the events in the classic films.

WARNING: "Friday the 13th" spoilers below
F13 #1: Jason's mom is the killer, but is beheaded at the end.
F13 #2: Jason is the killer but wears a potato sack on his head.
F13 #4: Jason Dawns the famous Hockey Mask and kills more people.

Here is how the new film goes, and why it is considered to be a remake of the original films by the creators.

First 5 minutes- Jasons mom is beheaded.

Next 40 minutes- Jason murders the kids with his potato sack mask.

Rest of The Film- He finds the hockey mask and goes on a rampage of killing.

The remade the fiurst three films in this film, and this is so the next movie can be totally original and won't have to follow any guidlines. They have established Jason as a character by remaking the classic trilogy and now they can totally redo the other films.

I will be doing an in depth review of this shortly but let me enlighten you about the wonderful world of horror movies. In order for any horror film to work you need three basic elements.

1: Someone must make a stupid decision.
2: Sex and Drugs- Bad choices...
3: The villian must be smarter than the victims.

This mvie accomplished all three. Everyone does drugs and has sex, and they all make stupid mdecisions such as the black kid leaving the house to find the asian kid. And Voorhee's is smarter than them. Also, you don't understand... it's not just the same voorhees killing everyone with a machette.

Voorhee's has become more closely related to a person. He was modernized in this film, which makes him a better killer. What do I mean? Here is a list of what makes the new Jason different, yet better, than the old Jason.

1: He can run.
2: He uses lights and technology.
3: He has an intricate system of bells to alert him to people.
4: He use's the machette.
5: He uses a Bear Trap.
6: He ties people in slepping bags on fire.
7: He uses a bow and arrow.
8: He is crafty enough to get on a roof.
9: He is undead but has human qualities.
10: He doesn't just vanish and then show up in front of you. He actually has to run and catch up with you.
I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions but assuming that you need to talk down to us (the collective) is a mistake on your part.

What credentials do you have that make you think that you have knowledge superior to that of most here that you will, in turn, use to 'enlighten' us?

Don't make assumptions about what people do and do not understand. You have no idea.

Also, please use spoiler tags when discussing recent DVD releases.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions but assuming that you need to talk down to us (the collective) is a mistake on your part.

What credentials do you have that make you think that you have knowledge superior to that of most here that you will, in turn, use to 'enlighten' us?
To talk down to us, you need three basic elements...
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Little floppy, hoppy, bunnies!
Oh how I love Friday the 13th originals but, this remake was horrible! Don't get me wrong awesome kills in the movie as expected but, other than that it was hard to sit through!!!

Fan of the smutty horror as I get a kick how the girls wear these outfits or nothing at all to me it's like " um no one would be standing/running in the woods with high heels on"!!!!!!
If your a fan of the Friday the 13th movies give it a watch because the kill scenes are classic. Other than that it's hard sitting through!!!!!!!!!

Just my thoughts on the topic!!!

Don't make assumptions about what people do and do not understand. You have no idea.

Also, please use spoiler tags when discussing recent DVD releases.
I talk down to no one. Every single person on this forum is my equal and I am better than nobody. But I hate when a decent movie gets trashed simply because one person can't differentiate between older movies and newer ones. Also, the term "enlighten" wasn't meant to be rude/ ignorant, it was meant to be a joke. you know like: "Allow me to enlighten you."

In regards to my credentials, I don't work with any movie company if that's what you are implying. However, I am close friends with a man who works in Hollywood, editing movies. Therefor, I recieve the "Down low" on all of the back stories of films. Right now, I have a DVD of countless film tests and audition tapes of movies that aren't even set to come out for a few years, such as Marvel Avenger's. Friday the 13th happens to be one of the movies this family friend worked on, nd I got the whole scoop.

My final statement is in regard to the spoiler tag. Considering that what I wrote, that's now wrapped in spoiler tags, gave nothing of importance away, there was no need for the tags. I mean look what I wrote. Everyone knows that that is what happens, I never mentioned the ending or anything. I mean, if I wrote:

"Oh. "Public Enemies", just came out. Guess who is in it? YEp! Johnny Depp and he robs banks."

Would you put spoiler tags around that. I would hope not. As it is common knowledge derived from the trailers.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
My final statement is in regard to the spoiler tag. Considering that what I wrote, that's now wrapped in spoiler tags, gave nothing of importance away, there was no need for the tags. I mean look what I wrote. Everyone knows that that is what happens, I never mentioned the ending or anything.
You should never assume that everyone has seen a movie that's at least 20 years old. Regardless of the severity of a "spoiler," you should always be courteous to those who haven't seen a particular movie. What if I didn't know the outcome of the original Friday the 13th movies? Movies are ruined, sometimes so effortlessly, by those who assume everyone has seen them.

My final statement is in regard to the spoiler tag. Considering that what I wrote, that's now wrapped in spoiler tags, gave nothing of importance away, there was no need for the tags. I mean look what I wrote. Everyone knows that that is what happens, I never mentioned the ending or anything. I mean, if I wrote
Actually, you do give away plot points in the post that I added tags to. Also, in your other post where you label various items 1 through 10, you give away parts of the film that are certainly not in any trailer. I've recently had a film I was looking forward to seeing spoiled in much the same way so perhaps I'm sensitive to it right now, but if I didn't think it was an issue I wouldn't have pointed it out.

Not to pick on you too much, but you seem to have a habit of letting things out of the bag (like here).

I talk down to no one. Every single person on this forum is my equal and I am better than nobody.
I bet you'll find that there are plenty of folks here who can enlighten you on the subject of film. It certainly holds true for me, we have some members with amazing knowledge here who I'm constantly learning from (which is why I took issue with the way you worded your comments).

It's not a remake in any stretch of the term. It's a re-imagining that includes a summary of the original film during its opening sequence. Maybe it uses some plot points from the other, like him getting his mask but this all happens in a different context. The new one has no similarities, be it characters, settings or events. The only bit that can considered a remake is the opening sequence. I'm pretty sure several of the things you list the 'old' Jason does anyway. I think the originality of these films is being overstated and somewhat lost on DarkAce, all the Jason films follow like the SAME trajectory with slight variations- doesn't make any of them remakes of others, just like this new one. Without the opening and the mask bit it would sit happily after Part IV as a sequel

Actually, you do give away plot points in the post that I added tags to. Also, in your other post where you label various items 1 through 10, you give away parts of the film that are certainly not in any trailer. I've recently had a film I was looking forward to seeing spoiled in much the same way so perhaps I'm sensitive to it right now, but if I didn't think it was an issue I wouldn't have pointed it out.

Not to pick on you too much, but you seem to have a habit of letting things out of the bag (like here).

I bet you'll find that there are plenty of folks here who can enlighten you on the subject of film. It certainly holds true for me, we have some members with amazing knowledge here who I'm constantly learning from (which is why I took issue with the way you worded your comments).
Okay, I see your point. But really, you are going to see a horror movie about murder. That's easy enough to tell from the trailer. Oh and the link you provided about letting the cat out of the bag, I wasn't revealing anything. I just wanted to make sure that everyone going to the movie cause they thought sme dude was going to be wearing Jigsaw's face was incorrect. I just didn't want them to be disapointed when it didn't happen.

It's not a remake in any stretch of the term. It's a re-imagining that includes a summary of the original film during its opening sequence. Maybe it uses some plot points from the other, like him getting his mask but this all happens in a different context. The new one has no similarities, be it characters, settings or events. The only bit that can considered a remake is the opening sequence. I'm pretty sure several of the things you list the 'old' Jason does anyway. I think the originality of these films is being overstated and somewhat lost on DarkAce, all the Jason films follow like the SAME trajectory with slight variations- doesn't make any of them remakes of others, just like this new one. Without the opening and the mask bit it would sit happily after Part IV as a sequel
Obviously, it does share considerably new plot lines to the rest of the movie. But it is a remake in the sense that it breifly talks about Jason's mother, and why jason is back. I would say that half the movie is a remake of Parts 1,2, and 3 and the last half is a reimagined part 4. But you can not say that Jason wasn't revamped in this film. They made him very original.

they made too much remakes

they are making another Halloween

people Freddy Kruger,Jason Voorhess and Mike Myers

it is getting annoying

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im a huge Friday/Jason Voorhees fan and I thought this re-imagining was great.

WARNING: "Friday 13th" spoilers below

I loved the way they have made Jason more human in the way he had the whole load of tunnels and bell system set up so he could find exactly where his next victims were going to be.

I also found him out smarting the victims fantastic as in the previous films he would hunt them down and kill them.

I was over the moon seeing him run for the first time it was even more scary than him just walking

The deaths were supurb imo especially when that jock arse died. I think everyone was rooting for him to kick the bucket or the hay spike

Overall I loved this movie and thought it was a great re-imagining of the first 3 films. I really hiope there is going to be another because this series can just keep on growing IMO I wouldnt care if there was 100 of these

After seeing this im really looking forward to the Nightmare In Elm Street re-imagining So I have loved Halloween Uncut and this so im sure the next one will be just as awesome, well fingers crossed anyway

A system of cells interlinked
This was in fact a remake. Sorry to burst your bubble. I know someone that worked on this movie, hence I got the DVD when it hadn't even come out in theaters yet. But according to the director, producer, and editors. This movie is a remake of the first three Friday films. Allow me to explain. Here are the events in the classic films.

WARNING: "Friday the 13th" spoilers below
F13 #1: Jason's mom is the killer, but is beheaded at the end.
F13 #2: Jason is the killer but wears a potato sack on his head.
F13 #4: Jason Dawns the famous Hockey Mask and kills more people.

Here is how the new film goes, and why it is considered to be a remake of the original films by the creators.

First 5 minutes- Jasons mom is beheaded.

Next 40 minutes- Jason murders the kids with his potato sack mask.

Rest of The Film- He finds the hockey mask and goes on a rampage of killing.

The remade the fiurst three films in this film, and this is so the next movie can be totally original and won't have to follow any guidlines. They have established Jason as a character by remaking the classic trilogy and now they can totally redo the other films.
Wrong, wrong, and...wrong.

So, you burst my bubble because you know someone that worked on the film? That's cool, man, my Dad is a TV repairman, and he has a huge set of tools. Now let's talk about the actual movie.

It's not a remake. Let's talk about the hockey mask. In the original films, we never actually see him put the mask on. That's right, the most iconic part of Jason doesn't even have an origin scene in the original films. The actor put the mask on as a lark during production of part III, which was to be last film in the series at the time. They state this in the documentary "His name was Jason", or perhaps on the extras on the DVD release of part III, I forget which bit it's in. For a remake to be a remake, they need to have at least some of the content from the original be recognizable on some level. None of the stuff in the new film appeared in any of the previous films, except of course the opening sequence which is meant to catch new viewers up on the myth surrounding Jason.

Again, I ask - If this is a remake, why do characters in the film talk about events from the film this is supposedly remaking? Is this some fever dream they all shared while puffing on some of that purple haze they found in the woods? Why is it 30 years later? Why is Jason in his 60s? Why would they sit down and plan to do a remake, then cram all the relevant material into a 4 minute montage, while tacking on 90 minutes of brand new material about secret hideouts and bong hits, with the characters talking about the remade montage while partaking in said bong hits?

None of the material after the opening credits (you know, the whole movie) has anything to do with any of the events that take place in the first three films. Even the "putting on the mask" scene is entirely new.

I just realized I can watch Friday the 13th Part III in my living room in 3d.

Oh goody.

When this film was being made, they said it was going to be a remake of the first three films, made into one film and updated. That was the official line.

Now, whether you think it's a remake or not is up to you. I still say that 28 Days Later is a zombie movie, don't give me that 'Rage' bollocks, they're zombies, deal with it.