Creature from the Black Lagoon

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Strike Entertainment, Larger than Life Productions and Universal Pictures are all financing a remake of Jack Arnold's 1954 classic, The Creature from the Black Lagoon. Breck Eisner (of 2005's Sahara) is said to direct. Gary Ross of 1988's Big is said to be writing. No word on casting as of today, but that may change soon. But in my opinion this is a bad idea. The guy who directed Sahara, and the guy who wrote Big remaking a horror flick? Leave it alone! I enjoyed it, and I'm pretty sure other people will too, if they actually give it a chance.

The original is a classic and they really need to leave it alone...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
A lot of movies are classic in their own right. This, probably like every other remake coming out as of late, is probably just some attempt at bringing in money for the studio and that's it. It won't hold any classical value whatsoever.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Creature trilogy is my favorite of the classic Universal monster movies (even though I love them all). I don't know how I feel about this remake, but I'm certain it's not going to be as good as the original. I'm interested to see what they do and how the creature will look, though.

Also... isn't that pic from Monster Squad?

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Also... isn't that pic from Monster Squad?
Yeah, because the rest I found on google was either too big or too small. Plus it's the same monster as any of the 'creature' movies, so eh I aint worried about it.

Hey ya never know, it may turn out well. I mean just look at the Dawn Of The Dead remake, except I think more highly of Zack Snyder than Breck Eisner. Hopefully it'll turn out like Dawn Of The Dead, but honestly, I don't see that happening.

Yeah, because the rest I found on google was either too big or too small. Plus it's the same monster as any of the 'creature' movies, so eh I aint worried about it.

I love that pic^

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Actually, even though I have a sorta "kid's love" for the '50s Creature flicks, none of them are any good, so I would hope that someone could at least remake the first one without an ounce of cynicism.

A good idea if you ask me. This movie does need a remake, because it's classic icon would be rebooted highly. The only thing though, is that I hope they don't make it modern time themed, but like the time era the original was in.

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
i wouldn't mind seeing it. Hell it will be free if i do. Got a gift card.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

Registered Creature
Bill Paxton.. annoys me.

'Tis bittersweet for me: I love the orig', but I love it so much that I want to see more - yup!