MovieMan8877445's Top 100 Movies

→ in
Tools    

So begins the countdown,

100. Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom (Steven Spielberg, 1984)

Probably my least favorite of the Indiana Jones movies, after Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull that it is. I personally really liked the darker feel to the Indiana Jones movies, I just thought it worked good, I mean not as good as the usual Indiana Jones, but still good. Harrsion Ford like always is awesome in the role of Indiana Jones, I also really liked Short Round.

99. The Bourne Ultimatum (Paul Greengrass, 2007)

Now I was never too big a fan of the Bourne series, I actually really disliked The Bourne Identity. It just always seemed boring to me and nothing was ever going on it, so I almost ended up not seeing The Bourne Ultimatum. And I ended up loving it, all the action a Bourne movie should have with a great plot added to it as well and it didn't get slow once. Matt Damon plays the role of Jason Bourne perfectly, and I can't really see anyone else playing the role as great as him.

98.The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Judd Apatow, 2005)

Now I really love Judd Apatow, he's my favorite person associated with comedy because most of his stuff turns out hilarious. This is one of them as well, my third favorite of his. Just the gross out humor put in this makes it hilarious, some scene of this movie I just couldn't stop laughing, it was that funny. Steve Carrell was one of the main things that just made this movie so great, Seth Rogen was my personal favorite in the cast though. That may be a little biased though because Seth Rogen is my favorite comedian, so he's gonna be my favorite in a lot of things.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Very nice write ups. The 40 Year Old Virgin is very funny.

Yooooooooow, Kelly Clarkson!

Very nice write ups. The 40 Year Old Virgin is very funny.

Yooooooooow, Kelly Clarkson!
lol, that has to be one of the best scenes of the movie.

lol, that has to be one of the best scenes of the movie.
Oh but my all time favorite: Speed dating.

97. Scarface (Brian De Palma, 1983)

Now I know some people may call this overrated, but it's really not, the film itself is not overrated, the 'Say hello to my little friend' line is the only thing really overrated in the movie. I don't really have much problems with this, I mean Al Pacino is just amazing in this, you could tell that he really got into his role in this. My only problem with this is it's length, while I do think that it needed most of the length, I just don't think it has that great of a rewatchability standard because of it's 3 hour runtime. The ending is just amazing, the ending to this may be one of the best action scenes ever in a movie, the shootout is just fun to watch. And I really love gangster movies, so that may be where this is coming from, but I can't deny that I love this movie.

Swan's favourite Indy movie was the one just released???

Nice to see you've started your 100 list MovieMan, looking forward to the top 10. As for Scarface, I usually agree with those who say it's overrated just because too many people I know have a Scarface poster somewhere in their home. Personally it get's a 4/5 from me, but I do believe that Pacino's performance is way better than the movie. I have seen the flick at least five times though.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Swan's favourite Indy movie was the one just released???
Yep. What's your point? I'd say it's close to being tied with Raider's, and that actually basically true, although I think I like Kingdom just a little bit more for me.

Temple of Doom was okay, but mostly uninteresting. The Last Crusade was very good.

I know Kingdom being my favorite is like....... waaay out there, but I'm not going to cheat my feelings.

96. Hellboy (Guillermo Del Toro, 2004)

I really loved this one, it was a great mix between superhero and fantasy. Superhero movies have always been one of my favorite kind of movies, but I was actually surprised I liked this one so much, because I'm usually not too big a fan of fantasy movies. The creature designs in this one were amazing though, especially the first creature that Hellboy fought inside that museum. But Ron Perlman was amazing as Hellboy, he just fit into the role so perfectly. I also really loved all the comedy moments that were mixed into the action, it was just one of the things about this that just made this movie so great.

95. Friday The 13th (Sean S. Cunningham, 1980)

Now when I finally got to watch this, which was this year on Halloween actually, I was a tad disappointed. I had expected something totally different, I was actually very surprised when I found out that Jason wasn't even in this one. I actually liked his mom as the killer though, it added a great sense of mystery to the movie, and that ending was just amazing, it really did make me jump, I definitely didn't see it coming. I also really liked seeing actors that I already know well in this, like Kevin Bacon to say, he hasn't changed much, from 1980 to his recent movies. But this was definitely a great horror movie and I'd recomend it to anyone to check it out because I'm sure you really won't be disappointed.

96. Hellboy (Guillermo Del Toro, 2004)

I really loved this one, it was a great mix between superhero and fantasy. Superhero movies have always been one of my favorite kind of movies, but I was actually surprised I liked this one so much, because I'm usually not too big a fan of fantasy movies. The creature designs in this one were amazing though, especially the first creature that Hellboy fought inside that museum. But Ron Perlman was amazing as Hellboy, he just fit into the role so perfectly. I also really loved all the comedy moments that were mixed into the action, it was just one of the things about this that just made this movie so great.
Great call on Hellboy, have you seen #2 yet? Next to the costumes I loved how Mike Mingola (creator of Hellboy comics) actually helped and if you're a fan of the comics (like muah) it's almost the exact same characters...

Great call on Hellboy, have you seen #2 yet? Next to the costumes I loved how Mike Mingola (creator of Hellboy comics) actually helped and if you're a fan of the comics (like muah) it's almost the exact same characters...
Yeah, I've seen The Golden Army, I didn't quite like that one as much as the first though. I've read the first comic, and I did love it. I've been a little shlow on getting the rest of the comics, but I plan to sometime in the future.

Yeah, I've seen The Golden Army, I didn't quite like that one as much as the first though. I've read the first comic, and I did love it. I've been a little shlow on getting the rest of the comics, but I plan to sometime in the future.
Well a new arc just started and Mike is a helluva drawer, shouldn't be to hard to find.

Well a new arc just started and Mike is a helluva drawer, shouldn't be to hard to find.
Yeah the drawings in rhe one I read were quite amazing, it was also amazing to see how well they translated into a movie.

Yeah the drawings in rhe one I read were quite amazing, it was also amazing to see how well they translated into a movie.
Thanks to Mingola producing, and helping the costume design.

94. We Own The Night (James Gray, 2007)

Okay this movie is beyond underrated, I was so excited to see this in theaters last year because I thought all the trailers for it looked great. But before I saw it, I started seeing all these people giving it a bad rating and I was a little worried, but when I finally got to see it I was very surprised that people were giving it a bad rating. I loved it, there were some great acting in this and there were a few very intense scenes. Like the scene where they're driving the car in the rain trying to move places and then get attacked along the way, I would call that a very intense scene. Joaquin Phoenix was amazing in this, now I've always thought he was a great actor, but I thought he really shined in this one. Mark Wahlberg, who is another favorite of mine, also did an amazing job in this one, but I had already expected acting like that from Wahlberg. It was an excellent cop thriller and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it yet, and don't listen to what people say about it because it really is great.

94. We Own The Night (James Gray, 2007)

Okay this movie is beyond underrated, I was so excited to see this in theaters last year because I thought all the trailers for it looked great. But before I saw it, I started seeing all these people giving it a bad rating and I was a little worried, but when I finally got to see it I was very surprised that people were giving it a bad rating. I loved it, there were some great acting in this and there were a few very intense scenes. Like the scene where they're driving the car in the rain trying to move places and then get attacked along the way, I would call that a very intense scene. Joaquin Phoenix was amazing in this, now I've always thought he was a great actor, but I thought he really shined in this one. Mark Wahlberg, who is another favorite of mine, also did an amazing job in this one, but I had already expected acting like that from Wahlberg. It was an excellent cop thriller and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it yet, and don't listen to what people say about it because it really is great.
Plus you see Eva Mendes beautiful Ta-tas. Although I was sad that Whalberg's part wasn't as huge as it coulda been, but it's in my horrible list of MY favorite films.

Plus you see Eva Mendes beautiful Ta-tas. Although I was sad that Whalberg's part wasn't as huge as it coulda been, but it's in my horrible list of MY favorite films.
Yeah that's another great thing about it. I thought Wahlberg had a pretty big part, but it sucked because throughout the whole middle part of the movie he was in a hospital bed. I did like that Pheonix got a great amount of screen time though, because I think he's a great actor.

Yeah that's another great thing about it. I thought Wahlberg had a pretty big part, but it sucked because throughout the whole middle part of the movie he was in a hospital bed. I did like that Pheonix got a great amount of screen time though, because I think he's a great actor.
Yup I've liked him ever since that cheeseball of a movie Ladder 49. Too bad he quit acting.

93. X2: X-Men United (Brian Singer, 2003)

The X-Men series have always been my favorite superhero series after most of the Batman movies and Superman Returns. Wolverine has always been my favorite X-Men character too, so it was great seeing him getting most of the focus in this one. This one tops the first one in most ways, and I actually liked the third one too, I guess it can be considered a guilty pleasure of mine. I like that this one seems to focus more on plot than action, because I felt the first one focused more on action than it did on the actual plot. But Hugh Jackman was a perfect choice for Wolverine, I'm also glad he's coming back for Wolverine this summer, because I can't imagine anyone else playing him. The ending to X2 was really great though, I never really liked Jean Gray's character that much anyway, and it was just really epic.