Contact

→ in
Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I thought Jodie Foster was expressive and talented. It made me reflect on many questions too.

Suspect's Reviews

It's been a number of years since I watched it but I remember it as being quite cerebral in nature and I'm a big JF fan so I enjoyed it. Might pop it in the player this week if I'm in the mood ... then again next week I might be saying "I nearly watched that last week" again lol.

i would like know if someone of you have ever seen the movie CONTACT with a expressive and talented actress like Jodie Foster. It left me to reflect on many questions
thanks
lisa

I really like the movie Contact -- I watch it every few years.. I thought Jodie Foster was wonderful as Ellie Arroway.

But why didn't they send a second person, especially since many didn't believe Ellie's version of what happened? Or was the machine designed to be one-trip-only?

If Ellie's trip was the "first step" I often think about what the next step would be.

I think they did/would have, we just don't get to see it. But yeah, that tantalizing thing about future steps ("in time you'll take another") is, of course, exactly the idea. To fill us with the same sense of wonder.

Lovely movie. I love how it gets to the point where most movies would wrap up and basically has another act entirely left to go. Makes it seem like anything is possible, which uses the atypical structure of the narrative itself to create the same feeling the theme of the story is trying to create.

I opened a new thread in movie questions: https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=66222

I know this was a 17 year old bump, but I guess I'll be the one person to say, I have not rewatched Contact in a long time. My hazily-remembered opinion of it doesn't place a great deal of esteem on it. I remember having issues with the themes and those are pretty much encapsulated in the review in the opening post. Is it possible if I were to rewatch it today I'd re-evaluate it more positively? Maybe. But I strongly suspect that would not be the case.

I know this was a 17 year old bump, . . . .
Actually only five years. The last post before mine was in 2017. Besides, this site doesn't mind thread resurrection with the intent of keeping posts on the same topic in the same place.

Actually only five years. The last post before mine was in 2017. Besides, this site doesn't mind thread resurrection with the intent of keeping posts on the same topic in the same place.
Yeah, I kind of noticed that shortly after I posted. I guess there was still the sense that my response still primarily in response to an opening post that was made 17 years ago, so I left the comment.