Kids Horror movies ?

Tools    

Can someone name some please there for my cousin to watch.

1980's-2011 thanks..

Hocus Pocus, Beetlejuice, Gremlins, Tremors, Trick R Treat (might be actually scary), the remake of Little Shop of Horrors, Phantasm, Poltergeist, hmmmm can you define "kid"?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Monster Squad
Arachnophobia
The Mummy
(1999)
The Witches (1990)
The Frighteners
Critters

Yeah, you definitely need to give us your cousin's age for the best recommendations. Is this a nine-year-old or a fourteen-year-old or what?

Whatever the age, I heartily second Mark's Monster Squad in a big way. It's basically The Goonies with classic era Hollywood monsters (Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman and the Mummy), but a very '80s sensibility. I'd also suggest Something Wicked This Way Comes, adapted from a Ray Bradbury novel. It doesn't have as much "action" as Monster Squad, but if they're patient a good tale about the Devil coming to town with the carnival. The Lady in White (1988) is a good ghost story starring Lukas Haas, rated PG-13 and doesn't have any really outrageous gore or sex. "Mr. Boogedy" (1986) is a made-for-TV project about a family moving into a haunted house, and has a sequel called "Bride of Boogedy" (though I don't believe either was ever released on DVD). Don't overlook Jim Henson's Labyrinth, which has some horror elements blended into its fantasy. And though it is actually rated R, Tim Burton's take on Sleepy Hollow is gory but in a very stylized Tim Burtony way and doesn't have any nudity or sex to speak of.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Also, check out the Spielberg-produced anthology series "Amazing Stories" (1985-1987) which had some good episodes that were either horror, fantasy, comedy or often all three. "Go to the Head of the Class" was directed by Robert Zemeckis and stars Christopher Lloyd as a hated school teacher who has a spell cast on him by students and becomes more evil than they could have imagined. "Mummy Daddy" is one of the funniest ever, with a mummy movie filming in a swamp and the actor bound up and unable to speak rushing to the hospital where his wife is giving birth...only to run into a real mummy along the way. Mistaken identity and hilarity ensue. Played without laughs, Martin Scorsese directed an episode called "Mirror, Mirror" which stars Sam Waterston as a Stephen King-type author who finds himself menaced by a gruesome phantom that he sees in every shiny surface. "Welcome to My Nightmare" has a kid who is obsessed with Horror movies change his tune when he becomes trapped inside of Hitchcock's Psycho. And there are others that are either ghost stories or some brand of horror, sometimes with humor sometimes without, but all appropriate for kids of just about any age.

Little Monsters(1986)
House 2(1987)
The Dark crystal(1982)
The Gate(1987)
Ghost chase
Garbage pail Kids(1987)
Army of darkness(1992)
Ghoulies(1985)
[B]Saturday the 14th(1981)

a list to make any child scream!

Gargoyles - 1972 made-for-TV movie

Don't forget Frankenstein from 1931

TV's Night Gallery or Twilight Zone can be spooky

The Blob - the original

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I would say Sleepy Hollow and The Frighteners are more for teens than kids.

Suspect's Reviews

How 'bout Abbott & Costello Meeet Frankenstein?

Thank you everyone !

Hes 10 :

Theres some good looking horrors in here, might take a look at them myself..

"Creep Show"

& Creep Show 2 was pretty awesome.

Also check out Jim Henson's stuff - "The Story Teller" had some cool demons in it

at Holden Pike.

I shouldn't recommend Sleepy Hollow for children.

it has a 16 years and older rating and there is a sexual scene in it.
He didn't know how hold he was.

My 7 year old just declared Jumanji (1995) the scariest film he's ever seen. Return to Oz (1985) is pretty creepy.

Check out Little Monsters - EPIC makeup & costume design.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097758/

Click image for larger version

Name:	little monsters.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	7126 Click image for larger version

Name:	little monsters 2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	7127