Movie Forums Top 100 of the Aughts (the 00s) - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Is the submission really open now?
Is it risky?
Is there someone who did it?

I'm asking because I'm ready with my top movies of the 2000's.

Go ahead. I've already received one ballot. The risk, well, that's for you to decide

Is the submission really open now?
Is it risky?
Is there someone who did it?

I'm asking because I'm ready with my top movies of the 2000's.
You're concerned about going to the trouble and losing the "work" or something?

If so, it looks fine. We tested it yesterday and one ballot has come in already.

Assuming you have the list written somewhere already it's really only "risking" a few minutes effort anyway.

You're concerned about going to the trouble and losing the "work" or something?

If so, it looks fine. We tested it yesterday and one ballot has come in already.

Assuming you have the list written somewhere already it's really only "risking" a few minutes effort anyway.
Here is the serious response, while I was being all jokey. Gotta get better at this hosting thing. My apologies, mrblond.

Here is the serious response, while I was being all jokey. Gotta get better at this hosting thing. My apologies, mrblond.
Make sure you update on the first page on who sent in the ballots like they do in all countdown lists, I don't see no names on there yet, so I don't know if I should send in my list yet, it's ready though

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Make sure you update on the first page on who sent in the ballots like they do in all countdown lists, I don't see no names on there yet, so I don't know if I should send in my list yet, it's ready though
Yeah, the second and third post are reserved for that, and will be updated accordingly. Thanks.

Yeah, the second and third post are reserved for that, and will be updated accordingly. Thanks.
Ah ok, cool and your welcome

@Thief - did you get my message about my ballot list, it only let me submitted 10 films instead of 25

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
Probably a stupid question but... the submitted ballots have to be ranked order from #1 The Best, right?
Meaning that 1. Film = 25 pts ... 25. Film = 1 pt

It is not a countdown, right?

The title of the ballot is named "Submit 2000s Countdown Ballot"
That's very confusing, moreover in the description below the title there is nothing about it?

Probably a stupid question but... the submitted ballots have to be ranked order from #1 The Best, right?
Meaning that 1. Film = 25 pts ... 25. Film = 1 pt

It is not a countdown, right?

The title of the ballot is named "Submit 2000s Countdown Ballot"
That's very confusing, moreover in the description below the title there is nothing about it?
Sorry for the delayed response, but to your first question, yes. You should rank them in order which is detailed in points 1 thru 3 in the first post.

LIST OF GENERAL RULES
  • Submit your ranked list of twenty-five (25) titles, from best to worst, using our nifty, new ballot tool (see below)
  • Films will be awarded points as follows: 25 points for 1st place, 24 points for 2nd place, 23 for 3rd and so on, all the way down to one point for your 25th placed film.
  • If you submit less than 25 films, then points will be redistributed accordingly (i.e. if you submit 10 films, your top film will receive 10 points, then 9 for your 2nd place, 8 for your 3rd place, etc.)
To your second question, it is a countdown because as soon as the votes are all in, and the ballots are tallied, we will be counting down from 100 to 1.

Hope that clarifies it. Let me know if you have any other question.

Friendly reminder to everyone that we're exactly two months away from the deadline (DECEMBER 2, 2021) so make sure you schedule those watches and get those ballots in during the next two months. Feel free to ask any questions about the logistics of the countdown or issues with the ballot in this thread, and also stop by the Recommendation Thread for tips on what to watch.

It does. Every ballot that's been submitted so far has had it on their list.
From 1 to 25.