UK horror... identity help needed

Tools    

Hi all,

I watched a horror about a year ago. I am 99% certain it was UK based as recognised the landscape. I would say it must have been made within the last 15 years ,but for the life of me I cannot remember the name. I have tried numerous times but to no avail

Plot as I remember.....ex army man in his 40s looking for his sister in northern England . Part of it he stays in a old hut on a hill with some wiseman...part of it some Romanians living in a filed waiting for a wicar man type festival to happen in a village .. ending in a cave with possibly the devil or devil looking like man film is about .....

Obviously parts of this maybe wrong but help would be welcomed.thank you

No, however that's a fab film. Thanks

No but once again another excellent , must rewatch .

I am remembering more now, the guy in the film stays in like a bothy or stone hut in a field on a hill, a bloke comes in (not a wiseman) after thinking about it, but I think he has killed people , so I think the bloke when he realises then kills him, I keep googling any linked words I can think of and scenarios with no luck at all... I have OCD which doesn't help as it's been distracting me for a few days now....

Is it something about cannibalism, and does he maybe catch one of the bad guys altogether with himself in a giant bear trap?
This I mention is Ravenous 1999, for some reason your description reminds me of it.

Exaladration, another fab film but not the one modern era time setting, however I am doubting my own sanity after trawling through film websites with nothing that looks familiar at all

Is it possible you are thinking of Kill List. There are some similar things if you are not remembering parts correctly?

It's got ex soldier, set in the North of England, some weird Wickerman like aspects and so on.

Not Kill List, although that like is other suggestions is brilliant and a northern film...there is definitely one scene on a hill in UK in a old Sheppard's type hut. Main character goes in and it's apparent someone is living there , like a stopping place for hikers....then a old man comes back and the main character tortures him if I remember rightly as he thinks he's a serial killer and I think he finds a picture of a loved one in the guys possessions and maybe some black magic ritual elements.....I hope I have not dreamt all of this.....thanks for all help so far

Some of what you put makes me think of Dead Man's Shoes. Probably not what you are looking for but thought I might as well mention it.