Oscar Predictions for 2015

Tools    

Best Supporting Actor : Edward Norton (Birdman)

that's it that's all

About as dismissive and non-responsive as it gets
Watching a well executed, thought out long shot just doesn't seem to have any resemblances with running around in a game world to me. Besides the fact that there are no cuts, I don't really see what similarities there should be in terms of experience.

I was very aware of the fact that I was witnessing something in stead of "living" it while watching Gravity. The camera mostly held the perception of an outsider (except a few scenes that make us identify more with the main character's situation). The depth I was talking about earlier came from a perceptive point of view (but still with an emotional attachement in my case).

I just think the active attitude someone has while gaming is different as night and day to the passive attitude a film viewer takes on. That's why I don't really buy the similarities you were proposing.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
You didn't really get what I was saying, which could partially be my fault, but it's clear you aren't really capable of seeing it, so I'll drop it

You were referring to technical similarities (if I'm not mistaken) and yes, I can definitely see that, but you assumed it therefore also had similarities in experience and that's what I don't see. My incapability of exactly understanding what you really mean might be caused by my severe lack of intense video game experiences, though.
If you still want to explain it properly, you could perhaps show me some imagery (videos) that demonstrates what you're trying to tell me?

Best picture line up.
Fury November 14th
Mr. Turner December 19th
Foxcatcher****November 14th
Birdman***October 17th
Interstellar** November 7
Inherent vice**** January 9th
Gone girl** October 3
Big eyes *December 25
Exodus* December 12th
Into the woods* December 25th
The imitation game ** November 21
Unbroken*** December 25th

Best actor:
Steve carell- foxcatcher
Joaquin Phoenix- inherent vice
Micheal Keaton- birdman
Benedict cumberbatch- the imitation game
Timothy Spall- mr. Turner
Runner up:
Robert Downey jr. - the Judge
Eddie redmayne- theory of everything
Ben Affleck - gone girl
Chad boseman- get on up
Christian bale - gods and kings
Christoph waltz - big eyes
Fassbender- macbeth
Jack o Connell - unbroken
Jeremy Renner - kill the messenger
James cordon- Into the Woods
Jonah Hill- true story
? - Selma
Brad Pitt- fury

Best supporting actor:
Channing Tatum - foxcatcher
Edward Norton- birdman
Josh brolin- inherent vice
Mark ruffalow- foxcatcher
J.K Simmons - whiplash
Runner up:
Albert brooks -most violent year
NPH- gone girl
Owen Wilson- inherent vice
Benicio del toro - inherent vice
Johnny depp- into the woods
Chris pine - into the woods
James franco- true story
Robert Duvall- the judge
Logan lerman- fury

Best actress
Amy Adams - Big Eyes
Katherine waterson- inherent vice
Rosamund pike- gone girl
Michelle Williams- suite franchiese
Marion cotiard - Macbeth

Emily blunt- into the woods

Julliane moore- map to the stars
Best director:
PTA- inherent vice
AGI- birdman
Bennet miller- foxcatcher
David fincher- gone girl
Angelina Jolie- unbroken

PTA already directed an actor to an Oscar win, Vicky, and if Phoenix gets nominated again (which is fairly probable this year, I think), it would already be his fourth nomination, which increases his chances. I also don't see any huge competitors at the moment, unless Birdman is a great succes and Keaton's performance gets stunning reviews.

Phoenix definitely has a chance.

He definitely has a chance.
On the other hand, he and the academy aren't exactly besties and the awards seldom reflect who actually gave the best performance that year.

If he takes the win, this will be me on Oscar night:

PTA already directed an actor to an Oscar win, Vicky, and if Phoenix gets nominated again (which is fairly probable this year, I think), it would already be his fourth nomination, which increases his chances. I also don't see any huge competitors at the moment, unless Birdman is a great succes and Keaton's performance gets stunning reviews.

Birdman will be a huge success, maybe not financially but from an artistic point of view it's a shoe in.
Vice is another story, early reports are it's truly weird it may be too weird for the academy and they might not want to give it any attention but there's no denying Phoenix's talent. This May top Freddie quell... I use the word " may" very lightly. PTA gets the very best performances out of his actors though( tom cruise, PSH, julliane moore, Amy Adams etc etc

Thane of Glamis, Thane of Cawdor, & King Hereafter
Ummm...question: anyone know how many animated films are eligible for the Oscar of Animated Feature Film? Last time I counted was around a month ago, and I counted 10-11. Anyone have a different figure?

Phoenix had a scene in The Immigrant that was complete Oscar gold, if more people cared about that movie he'd be a shoo-in for at least a nomination for that

After finally seeing Get On Up. i would say that Boseman has a slight chance of getting nominated. He wont win. but damnit his performance is incredibly passionate and hardworking and the academy will probably appreciate that.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I'm going to be very blunt and opinionated about this...

If "Boyhood" doesn't win Best Picture and Best Director, it's simply a travesty. It's not even possible for a better, more innovative film to come out this year. It's like "Gravity". It sheds light on the possibilities cinema has to offer without effects or gimmicks. Sure, this could be called a gimmick. But the "gimmick" makes the film what it is. It's immersion without 3D or CGI.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

PREDICTIONS

Best Picture
Boyhood or Foxcatcher
Best Actor
Steve Carrell (Foxcatcher) or Timothy Spall (Mr. Turner)
Best Actress
Jessica Chastain(The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby) or Shailene Woodley (The Fault in our Stars)
Best Supporting Actor
Ethan Hawke (Boyhood) or Mark Ruffalo (Foxcatcher)
Best Supporting Actress
Patricia Arquette (Boyhood) or Naomi Watts (St. Vincent)
Best Director
Richard Linklater (Boyhood) or Bennet Miller (Foxcatcher)

To paraphrase Richard Brody, the only radical thing about Boyhood is the manner in which it was shot; everything else, the script, the scenes, the performances, the structure, are utterly forgettable. Which isn't a value judgement.

Oh Boy.. Looks like Bradleys back this year. Im gonna have to remove Spall from my predictions and add him. He's just gets better and better with each film he's made in the past 3 years. could be his year.
Bradley cooper- American Sniper