Early Inside oscar Buzz info.

Tools    

Someone on Golderby who knows someone in the industry who screens rough cuts of oscar contenders said he sent her this email. Its pretty interesting. Let me know what you guys think.

Hi Kimmy,

I have to run soon so I'll just list it all for you. Again just remember that I usually see rough cuts so what makes it to the theater could end up being very different.

Wild is strong and the better of Reese Witherspoon's two star vehicles this year. Jean Marc Vallee is rising fast and definitely isnt going anywhere (rumor is he's now attached to the Amy Adams Janis Joplin movie). I can't say with confidence that Reese will win but she will be nominated

You've probably heard already, but Foxcatcher is really something special. The dynamic between Steve Carell and Channing Tatum is really well balanced. Truly wonderful direction all around, Miller could win

I've heard that Fincher is doing some serious re-editing so this could end up being baloney, but Gone Girl will be a hit with audiences, critics and especially Fincher fans. Tyler Perry is surprisingly good.

Inherent Vice is crazy. Joaquin Phoenix is in top form and Martin Short is INSANE. Lots of people will be passionate about this one.

Disney is being insanely secretive (even by Disney standards) about Into the Woods. I haven't seen anything from it yet except the teaser thats out in theaters now. I can't verify because I haven't seen anything but word is that its a Chicago and not a Nine.

Speaking of musicals, Richard Lagravenese's The Last Five Years is beautiful and very moving.

Birdman is really, really funny mostly because of how true a lot of it is. Industry insiders will love this one. Great acting all around, from the whole cast.

People will go bonkers for Chastain in [The Disappearance of] Eleanor Rigby. This is her Blue Jasmine, her Boys Don't Cry, her Far From heaven.

Speaking of redheads, Julianne Moore is a riot in Maps to the Stars and certainly is award worthy. I liked it a lot as a whole but Julianne will get all of the attention for it. I haven't seen Big Eyes yet either, but have heard lots of good things about Adams, prod design and especially Waltz.

I didn't see much of A Little Chaos but Kate Winslet was terrific.

There will be a lot of criticism of The Humbling for its plot and execution. The better Al Pacino film this year is Manglehorn, though supposedly that one is being heavily re-edited as well (the cut I saw was very short).

Jon Stewart's movie Rosewater, as you probably could have guessed, is gonna be very political and will divide people. Gael is great in it.

Last but not least, Whiplash is my favorite of everything I've seen so far this year. I still have a lot of full/final cuts to see, but this one was amazing!

Inherent Vice is crazy. Joaquin Phoenix is in top form and Martin Short is INSANE. Lots of people will be passionate about this one.
I know I will be.

Here to learn. And judge silently.
Disney is being insanely secretive (even by Disney standards) about Into the Woods. I haven't seen anything from it yet except the teaser thats out in theaters now. I can't verify because I haven't seen anything but word is that its a Chicago and not a Nine.
PLEASE LAWD JESUS LET THIS BE TRUE