Spiderman 2 - The Amazing Spiderman

Tools    

Originally Posted by MinionTV
Yeah but in reality I think they'll opt to put Carnage and Venom in the third to make it a bigger movie than the second, I want these characters (sooo much) but it's too early (well for comic readers anyway).

I agree Dock Ock will be fantastic in this one. I do hope he doesn't die or anything at the end as he is spiderman's arch enemy.

I want Carnage and Venom too, but do you think they'll put both in the same movie? Both would be hard to film. Plus, I would love to see Felicia Hardy, AKA the Black Cat.

Does anyone have any pictures/stills of M.J.'s Wedding Dress in Spidy2? Thx!

I viewed Spider-Man 2 tonight, and I must say, I have never been so frustrated while viewing a motion picture ever in my life. Not only was it horribly made, with ****ty quality and cuts to boot, but the dialogue was horrific, as was the acting. But perhaps the biggest upset was exactly how far the creators decided to stray from the original story line. Everything was out of order, more things were falsely fabricated, and even the fabrications themselves were absolutly disgusting. For those who read the original comics, you would know what I am speaking of. Spider-Man is never revealed to the public, Mary Jane doesnt find out his secret until the very last of the original comics, and most of all Doctor Octavious NEVER PERISHED. Doctor Octavious stays apart of the villian force, joining forces eventually with Lizard, Rhino, and even Venom-all of which happens WAY before Mary Jane finds anything of Peter's secret identity. I could write a book longer than the bible of how wrong this movie was, but by the time i finished, i would have ripped out all of my hair in a fit of frustrated rage. In conclusion, this movie sucked and I wish a horrible, painful death upon all of its creators. And P.S., how the **** did Stan Lee allow such a disgrace? Sincerely, Triple_J

Originally Posted by jumpingjackjosh
I viewed Spider-Man 2 tonight, and I must say, I have never been so frustrated while viewing a motion picture ever in my life. Not only was it horribly made, with ****ty quality and cuts to boot, but the dialogue was horrific, as was the acting. But perhaps the biggest upset was exactly how far the creators decided to stray from the original story line. Everything was out of order, more things were falsely fabricated, and even the fabrications themselves were absolutly disgusting. For those who read the original comics, you would know what I am speaking of. Spider-Man is never revealed to the public, Mary Jane doesnt find out his secret until the very last of the original comics, and most of all Doctor Octavious NEVER PERISHED. Doctor Octavious stays apart of the villian force, joining forces eventually with Lizard, Rhino, and even Venom-all of which happens WAY before Mary Jane finds anything of Peter's secret identity. I could write a book longer than the bible of how wrong this movie was, but by the time i finished, i would have ripped out all of my hair in a fit of frustrated rage. In conclusion, this movie sucked and I wish a horrible, painful death upon all of its creators. And P.S., how the **** did Stan Lee allow such a disgrace? Sincerely, Triple_J

Lets move on...

Originally Posted by jumpingjackjosh
i think that the movie is like the comics book , maybe not exactly but very closed!!

We too would like to know ANYTHING about M.J.'s Wedding Dress in Spidy2? Where to get it, who is the designer....? Thx

Come on you know you wanna
I was wondering if anyone knows the speech MJ says to Peter... I think it is when they are sitting in the cafe... where she talks about wanting him but all the problems... ARGH I can't remember I just know that part waw really good!

why do people complain so much that the movie wasn't exactly like the comics?

People!!! The comic has been around for like sixty years. It has expanded and evolved through its history. Times today are nothing like the days when Spider-man had been introduced. The movie had to evolve to fit the era as well as people's higher expectations. I am a diehard fan. I've read the comics from around 8 until my early twenties. I was extremely impressed with what "Hollywood" has done with the movie. I love it. I thought the organic webshooters and hairlike talons were perfect. (I always wondered how he stuck to the wall anyway.) The minor complaints people are having are driving me nuts. Obviously, they are their own opinions, which they're intitled to, and this is mine, but criminey!

Anyway, enough of that.... I have some news that some of you might like to hear.

I read, so it is somewhat authentic, in an interview with Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire that they have been discussing possible future villians. Now obviously, Harry as the Green Goblin in part 3 is a given, but they both have expressed their wishes. Tobey has expressed that he wants the Sandman to be a villian. Apparantly, that is one of his favorite villians. But here is the part I think everyone is dying to know. Venom has come up as well. The storyline behind that, and obviously it is too soon to be a concrete storyline, is that John Jameson brought the living symbiote back from his trip to the moon during the 2nd film. Didn't say how, snuck on or purposely brought back, but the possilbity of Venom is out there.

Now for all the complainers who want to see Venom, I love Venom. He's awesome. Years ago when James Cameron (Titanic Director) was onboard for Spider-man, Arnold Swarchzenegger was up for the movie. Venom would be the character for him I would assume. As corny as that would have been, I would have even gone for that... then. But to keep things simpler, John Jameson might be Venom. That would probably drive all the complainers into a complete hissy fit until they wet themselves, but if that does happen... deal with it. Learn to be flexible. Venom can still have an involved storyline without the exact fit of the comics. It could be a love-triangle between Peter, MJ, Harry/Green Goblin, and John Jameson/Venom... Well I guess that would be more of a love-square. But either way, the writers are two for two. Have confidence, because I think they could make it work.

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by icegrlqt637
I was wondering if anyone knows the speech MJ says to Peter... I think it is when they are sitting in the cafe... where she talks about wanting him but all the problems... ARGH I can't remember I just know that part waw really good
I liked what Peter said to MJ in Spider-Man 1 while Aunt May was asleep in the hospital. It was so touching!

btw icegrl, did you get your quote from Miss Congeniality? It sounds familiar.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by jrs
I can't help but watch and listen to Mary Jane's speech to Peter at the end of Spiderman 2. Her voice brings chills up my spine, so tender as she just makes me stand there.... frozen
"So here I am... standing in your doorway. In a way, I've always been standing in your doorway."

Movie Forums Member
Hi all,

First off, I doubt you've read or seen this comic, not sure what # or title BUT Mary Jane did see spiderman crawling up a wall and into Pete's room at aunt May's ....So she kinda already knew who he was from then on......It was an early book though....I do agree with the bogus displaying of spideys real face in the train, but dude, get over it!!! I did and so did most fans who were just plain old happy to be seeing one the superhero's around on the big screen...

hi all,

for anyone who's interested, I just read an interesting spiderman 2 review. Well, it's sort of a review. More like a dissection of sorts. anyway, you can read it here, www.theinkhole.com

cheers.

Movie Forums Member
Originally Posted by StarSailor
One question, to you all - does anyone know what that music is that's playing under the trailer?

It's brilliant.

And apologies if this had been asked before - I couldn't find it.

Cheers, Martin

Hi all,

Unless I am blind, cuz I can't find the answer to this anywhere....What is the song, the one with all the chanting and moans......That sound clear enough for an answer????