Good Movies That Did More BAD Than Good

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I couldn't watch that movie after I saw the cross-dressing 20-30 minutes into it. I never liked Billy Wilder's comedies either, he should have written those instead.

10.5 trillion? There's no way Congress would pass that. I do think toilets are low-priority considering there's been perpetual war, an awful financial and moral cost.

I think the US lacks reality - a reason a country of 330 million "picks" the worst man and woman to face-off. That's how it's possible - no reality..

Didn't The Last Temptation of Christ (1988) cause some kind of protests or riots somewhere where a bunch of people got hurt?

The Dark Knight Rises (2012) - okay, the movie had nothing to do with the Aurora theater shooting... BUT the shooter (James Holmes) had referred to himself as "the Joker," so perhaps he targeted that movie specifically? He was also a Batman fan who decorated his apartment with Batman paraphernalia.

Some Like it Hot (1959) it sparked a craze of cross dressing. Now thanks to that movie approximately 10.5 trillion dollars will be mandated by Congress in the next 10 years to upgrade businesses and schools to a three bathroom status to accommodate transgenders.
Whoa whoa whoa, this is all because of that movie!?

Damn you, Wilder!

Superman (1978) - rumor has it that many children plunged to their deaths by jumping out windows as they tried to imitate the cinematic Man of Steel's power of flight. These same rumors date back to The Adventures of Superman TV series and the preceding movie serials of the late 1940's. As to whether these rumors having any validity or not, I don't know.

Didn't the first TV show Superman, actually jump out of a window?
Yes! It pretty much became George Reeves' classic move repeated in almost every episode (you never really saw him take off from the ground like in the later movies since that would have required cables & such which was beyond the show's budget).
So they set up a springboard in front of the window - George would take off from it out the window with his arms outstretched. On the other side they had mattresses set up for him to land on.

I use to watch the old TV Superman show with George Reeves. I liked it too...But it's been soooo long since I've seen it, all that I can remember is him jumping out that window, and it was never from a single story building, oh no! that would be too easy...he always launched himself from a sky scraper.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A Clockwork Orange, Straw Dogs = I think many who were influenced by it only took the violence, which is the first thing many people mention when I talk about those movies. It doesn't change those movies, but I guess in England there were a lot of new "hooligans"

Definitely Birth of a Nation (1915). While the film had a massive impact on the direction of the film industry, it is frequently cited as being partly to blame for the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan on a nation-wide level.
Off topic. He asked about GOOD movies.

Off topic. He asked about GOOD movies.
Oh, it's definitely one of the worst movies I've ever seen, but a lot of people cite it as an amazing piece of work, I assume for the technical innovations and not for the story and film itself.

Avatar, because it caused a resurgence in big budget 3D films.

The Blair Witch Project, because it started the found footage subgenre (as we know it today, anyway).

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II, because it started the two part film series finale.

Iron Man, because it started the MCU.

Welcome to the human race...
The Dark Knight for inspiring a variety of villains that copied the Joker and his deranged charisma/anarchic terrorism/planning on getting caught halfway through the movie.

Finding Nemo was a wonderful film but the whole message of the film was lost on the audience. Instead of decrease in number of fishes kept in aquariums, there was a steep rise in fishes being kept as pets. In fact, people found Nemo so adorable that everyone wanted a clown fish. There was nearly 75% decrease in clown fish population in the ocean. The entire meaning of the movie was lost!

Very sad about the decline of tropical reef fish. The methods they use to gather they such as cyanide often kill them. If the fish reach the store and are bought by people they usually don't live long either.

Killing Nemo...news article a short must read.