If You Could Change an Ending...

Tools    

There are movies out there we hate the endings to, for whatever reason we are unhappy, could have been to sudden, cliche, or maybe just bad.

What movie endings would you change and what would you do?

No Country for Old Men - horrible ending. What would I change? - Nothing.

Buy the ticket, take the ride.
A part of me would like to change the end of A Clockwork Orange to the ending in the novel released in the UK. For me, it seemed to make more sense in the book but at the same time, I do enjoy it as it is.

I would've let Sarah Jessica Parker and all her midlife crisis friends have a little encounter with Anton Chigurh at the end of Sex and the City. In that way, there wouldn't have been a 2nd one, meaning that I wouldn't have to watch it in the cinema with my girlfriend, thus wasting 2 hours of my life.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Even though T2 is my most fav film in the world I would change the ending so that Arnie stays alive, as everytime I see that ending it breaks my heart.

Cold Mountain... Kinda hate the ending but I'm not sure I would change it...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I liked The House of the Devil (2009) for the most part, but the ending was a bit of a let down. I don't mean the actual final scene; that was quite good. But I think it could have been subtler in the connection between the buildup and the final scene. I'll call it the "sacrifice scene". Somehow, it was a bit too rushed and a bit too easy for one of the characters to do what he or she did. Since the screws were already practially tightened to the max in the set up, I would have tightened them just that much more so that the head of the screw broke off rather than just having the thread get stripped. I suppose that means that the foundation should have been stronger. There needed to be an absolute crescendo just before the actual ending, but once we learn what we suspect, it seems a bit too easy unfortunately.

Can you tell that I'm being as vague as possible in case you haven't watched the film? I still recommend it, especially if you watch it in the dark.

I know I'm probably a bastard for this but, Amelie.

The Camera tracks with the moped, then the moped pulls away.
The Camera holds on the cityscape of Paris for a moment.

I'd add maybe 20 more seconds after this:

Sound of a horrible crash.
Whip pan to a couple of cars, a minor fender bender.
then we suddenly find the Nino's overturned moped.
Nino on one side of the street. people rush to him.
Amelie on the other side.
She crawls across the cobblestone pavement towards him.
then is stopped by a man.
She looks up.
He's holding a ribbon of some sort in his hand.
He lets it fall gently, turning and spinning into her hand.
it's a photo-mat strip of Her and Nino posing happily.
He bends down and looks into her face.
The photo-mat guy! He is Death!
He smiles then moves away as people rush to Amelie.
Amelie's hand. Her grip loosens the wind blows the photos away from her.

The Terrorist

http://www.xyface.com/movie-the-terrorist

I'd end the film with her finger on the bomb trigger. The end. Credits.

Of course the film has her press the trigger. Boom! The end. which was out keeping with the all the poetry of what went on before that.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I want always to make Jack climb up on that board with Rose at the end of Titanic. There was so room!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The ending to Midnight Meat Train had me angry and I would change it.

Suspect's Reviews

I would say Scarface. Montana is just a lovable character and to see him die in a hail of bullets pissed me off. Although i guess thats the point of the movie. The rise and fall of the drug lord. Just would have liked to see him blast away all those Colombians and go back to his pile of yayo.

Welcome to the human race...
WARNING: "Knocked Up/Juno" spoilers below
I reckon these films could've taken some interesting turns if the babies ended up being stillborn.

WARNING: "Knocked Up/Juno" spoilers below
I reckon these films could've taken some interesting turns if the babies ended up being stillborn.
Agreed

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
I would have the Coen Brothers go to Costco and pick up the bulk Family-Pack of endings for all their movies.

No Country for Old Men - horrible ending. What would I change? - Nothing.
I don't like that ending either.. it just didn't make sense..

I hated the ending of Shutter Island, it has become so damn cliche these days.. The entire movie I was hoping the ending shouldn't be what i thought it would be.. and it turns out exactly that way.
Otherwise, Shutter Island is well directed..

I hated the ending of Shutter Island, it has become so damn cliche these days..
The end of Shutter Island was cliché? You definitely need to elaborate on that, because it's a mystery to me how one can consider that ending cliché.

Secret Window
Hide and Seek
Fight Club
Session 9
Madhouse

and there are tons more, especially b-grade films... in fact Madhouse was a lot similar to Shutter Island..
But then again author himself mentioned that he wanted the book to be a homage to B-movies...

Secret Window
Hide and Seek
Fight Club
Session 9
Madhouse
Hmm, I see your point now. I was thinking more in terms of nearly exactly the same endings in the exact same context, but you're clearly thinking along the lines of
WARNING: "." spoilers below
guy is being haunted by something/has to solve something and ends up having done it himself due to split personality