Six Feet Under (tele)

Tools    

An older HBO show about a family who runs a funeral home.
If you saw it, opinions?

This really should be in the TV section.

Now that's out of the way. I thought this sounded good, but I missed the first few episodes when it first aired, so I skipped it, waiting for them to be repeated. Unfortunately, they weren't and season 2 was aired without it happening. I saw (and loved) the first season when season 1 was shown late night, after all 5 seasons had aired and was looking forward to season 2, but it wasn't shown until months after (again, in the middle of the night) and I missed some again. Currently, I'm weighing up whether or not to buy the whole damn lot.

Sorry, I'm still getting used to the site (plus this is my first forum).
I watched all the seasons over about a span of 3 months and found them creeping into the top of my tele shows list. Plus that season finale was just, wow.
Is there anything you would recommend?

Genius show!
And the last 10 minutes... Mastepiece.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
I thought the first two seasons were solid. After that, the show became less of a dramedy and more of a soap opera.

If I remember correctly it was done by Sam Mendes.
Love the intro credits... have yet to see the show.
Sam Mendes was a director of American Beauty, movie which was wroten by Alan Ball - creator of SFU

You guys ready to let the dogs out?
I've watched most of the first season, HBO always make good stuff and almost all my favourite shows are done by them. Whilst it's not something I'm a massive fan of, it's a solid show, although pales in comparison to things like The Wire and Sopranos.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Decided to watch this show and love it. While it's not in the same league as The Wire, I don't really think it's fair to compare.

I just finished up the third season.

WARNING: "Six Feet Under" spoilers below
When Nate's wife goes missing and is found dead. My girlfriend and I were debating. I thought she was killed, she thought she ran away. Glad to see I was right.

It's one of the most depressing shows I've ever seen. I'm surprised it lasted so long, people like to tune into a show that's about death and dysfunction? My girlfriend cried 3 or 4 times on the first 3 episodes she watched (end of season 2) Which I thought was weird because she didn't know any of season 1 or the character names.

I hear season 4 is not as good as the others, but here's hoping I dig it.

Suspect's Reviews

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
if you think the first three seasons are depressing, just wait til you get to the show's finale. i've never been so emotionally moved by a television show.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I've never seen one episode which is weird because this seems right up my alley. Maybe I should finally get around to watching this.

Bought the boxset, but I've still not watched it all yet. *No surprise there.* It was a great programme, though. I think I've seen the first two seasons.

Although each episode begins with the little vignette of the final moments of life for their next customer, I don't find the series depressing at all---and I've seen it twice so far. The Fisher family runs a funeral home, but they're just too full of life and randy. If anything, the series reminds us, the clock is always ticking: a long and fruitful life is guaranteed for no one. Some of us are given 25 years, some 35, some 95, but everyone dies. Everyone is mortal.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
As has been said, the first two seasons and the end of the show are wonderful. There's a drag in the middle, due to things getting too soap opera-y. Overall though, the subject matter is handled beautifully and it's a fun watch.

Breaking Bad may be the best TV show but Six Feet Under has the best finale. )
It's worth watching the whole show just to get to fully appreciate the great ending.