Best films of the year so far?

Tools    

I must be the only black dude on Earth who thinks that Get Out is one of the most overrated films ever. A decent psychological thriller, but I do NOT see it as a classic, and I didn't find it particularly re-watchable either.

I need to catch up on a lot of films that came out this year, but so far, Detriot and Wind River are the two best I've seen.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
My top 5 favorites so far are: War for the Planet of the Apes, IT, Get Out, Baby Driver and The Big Sick.

Come Oscar season, come Guillermo del Toro, and come Pixar this top 5 will probably shift,

1. Logan
  2. The Big Sick
  3. It
  4. Baby Driver
  5. Beatrix at Diner
  6. Split
  7. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
  8. Dunkirk
  9. It Comes at Night
  10. My Cousin Rachel
  11. Spiderman:Homecoming
  12. I don't Feel at home in this world anymore
  13. Kong Skull Island
  14. Get Out
  15. Wonder Woman
  16. Berlin Syndrome
  17. A Dog's Purpose
  18. Belko Experiment
  19. Lego Batman Movie
  20. Alien Covenant

This might just do nobody any good.
1. Get Out
2. Dunkirk
3. mother!
4. Logan
5. Spider-Man: Homecoming

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I believe that War for the Planet of the Apes is the best film I've seen this year, but, for some reason, my reaction to it felt scaled back in compared to Dawn of the Apes.

Films I Liked A Lot This Year: -
- War for the Planet of the Apes
- IT
- The Lego Batman Movie
- John Wick: Chapter 2
- Logan
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2
- Get Out
- Spider-Man: Homecoming

Films I Liked This Year: -
- Split
- Kong: Skull Island
- Captain Underpants
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets
- Cult of Chucky

Films I Neither Liked Nor Disliked:
- The Boss Baby
- The Circle
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Wonder Woman
- Leatherface
- Annabelle: Creation

Films I Disliked This Year: -
- Beauty and the Beast
- Alien: Covenant
- Resident Evil: Vendetta
- Death Note
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Well i just found baby driver bit fail to me, and surprisingly i enjoy spidey: homecoming. Gotta see br49 if it can beat dunkirk spot.

1- Baby Driver

2- Dunkirk

3- Get Out

4- Logan

5- Okja

6- Spider-Man: Homecoming

7- Wonder Woman

8- The Big Sick

9- Logan Lucky

10- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

11- John Wick: Chapter 2

12- Power Rangers

13- Alien: Covenant

14- Kong: Skull Island

15- Kingman: the Golden Circle

That's everything I've seen so far this year and all of it has ranged from decent to really good/great except Kingman 2, which was bad but I still enjoyed despite it being bad. I had the good fortune of not seeing any abrasively bad movies released this year. Very much looking forward to the rest of this year, lot's of stuff looks very interesting to me. Also a lot of movies I want to see but missed and will be looking to catch when they come out on demand.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I must be the only black dude on Earth who thinks that Get Out is one of the most overrated films ever. A decent psychological thriller, but I do NOT see it as a classic, and I didn't find it particularly re-watchable either.
I'm lost on Get Out. In all fairness, I watched it in a car after hearing all the hype.

I just don't get it, aside from the social and cultural commentary which doesn't equal entertainment. It looked cheap and conceptually didn't strike me as anything special.

In all honesty, I'm jealous because all these people had such a great experience with it.

I'm lost on Get Out. In all fairness, I watched it in a car after hearing all the hype.

I just don't get it, aside from the social and cultural commentary which doesn't equal entertainment. It looked cheap and conceptually didn't strike me as anything special.

In all honesty, I'm jealous because all these people had such a great experience with it.
Trust me, I'm on the same page. With all the hype, I was going in expecting to see The Godfather of horror films.... Get Out is nothing more than decent.

It was good enough that I didn't leave the theatre feeling cheated, but I also said "THIS is what the hype was about???"

If I never watched it again, it wouldn't be a big deal.

It comes at night for me.

Keep your station clean - OR I WILL KILL YOU
These are all the movies of 2017 I've seen ranked. 3 more months to go!

MASTERPIECE
War for the Planet of the Apes

AMAZING
IT
Baby Driver
Get Out
Spiderman: Homecoming

GREAT
The Big Sick
Wonder Woman
Colossal
A Monster Calls
Logan
The LEGO Batman Movie
A Ghost Story
Beauty and the Beast
Mother!
It Comes at Night
Split
Girl’s Trip
Dunkirk
John Wick: Chapter 2
VERY GOOD
A Cure Wellness
Cars 3
Everything, Everything
Anabelle: Creation
Kingsman: The Golden Circle.
The Hitman’s Bodyguard
Life
Gifted
Going in Style
Gerald’s Game
Despicable Me 3

GOOD
The Beguiled
Alien: Covenant
Kong: Skull Island
The Boss Baby

DECENT
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
Power Rangers
Rough Night

AVERAGE
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell no Tales
The Belko Experiment
Baywatch

BAD
Ghost in the Shell

VERY BAD
The Mummy
The Dark Tower

HORRIBLE
The Bye Bye Man
Rings

The worst movie I've seen this year was undoubtedly The Mummy, while the best so far has to be Blade Runner 2049. Just saw it last night in IMAX, and I intend on doing the same tonight. It's an extraordinary experience, and a masterclass in superior film-making.

I'm going to watch It Comes at Night this weekend, but so far, no current titles have impressed me, and the ones I haven't seen don;t look very good, either. Baby Driver was what I looked forward to the most and that disappointed me more once I had a moment to think about it.

I'm going to watch It Comes at Night this weekend, but so far, no current titles have impressed me, and the ones I haven't seen don;t look very good, either. Baby Driver was what I looked forward to the most and that disappointed me more once I had a moment to think about it.
Not here to criticize, but what disappointed you about Baby Driver?

Not here to criticize, but what disappointed you about Baby Driver?
I wasn't digging the way it ended. Seemed last minute and rushed even though it technically tied everything up. Aside from that it's just my kind of movie tonally. I liked aspects of it just nothing I'd be into rewatching. No hate, though.

1.) A Ghost Story
2.) Manifesto
3.) LA 92
4.) First They Killed My Father
5.) It Comes at Night
6.) Endless Poetry
7.) Risk
8.) Good Time
9.) I Am Not Your Negro
10.) Get Out

Honorable mention: Dave Chappelle: The Age of Spin, The Unknown Girl, Nocturama, Logan, In Transit, City of Ghosts, Get Me Roger Stone, Burn, Mother****er, Burn!, Columbus, Ingrid Goes West

Going by the cinema release date in my country:

Great
Marjorie Prime
Personal Shopper
Raw
The Eyes of My Mother
A Ghost Story
It Comes at Night
Dunkirk
Blade Runner 2049
Okja
Jawbone