The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

Didn't really want to make a thread, so I thought I'd post it here.

As some of you know I've been in intensive therapy for the last year, I feel that it's done me some good (I don't know that I'd have made this post beforehand) and I was planning on coming back afterwards. Maybe not like I posted before, but properly. However, at the end of May I became ill. I thought it was a virus, but it turns out it was the first part of a Subarachnoid hemorrhage

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subarachnoid_hemorrhage

I was in hospital for 5 weeks and nearly died. I've been home for two weeks now and this is the first chance I've had to tell you guys. Apart from some problems with short term memory there doesn't seem to be any lasting damage and they say that might come back too with time and practice. Fatigue is the main problem, along with headaches and anxiety, but again those are things which should improve and ease off with time.

I'm getting tired now, so I'll leave it there. I'll be happy to answer any questions and reply to PM's at a later date. I'm sorry to those who I'm close with that this is the first you're hearing of it. I've just not had the strength to get to you guys first.
I missed this. I'm sorry to hear this!

Unregistered User
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/connorbrowne

So, I wasn't going to do this but I've changed my mind and thought what the hell. Some here already know, my friend recently passed away after committing suicide so we decided to set up a just giving account for a local suicide prevention charity, called PIPS based here in Belfast. We started out with a target of £1000 but due to the incredible support we've had we've bumped it up to £7000!! We are holding a fundraiser event on 7th October with a ballot so are expecting it to do quite well also.

If anyone wants to donate then it would be very much appreciated (if you are not anonymous then put something on it so I know who you are and can thank you) as its going to such a good cause due to the concerning number of suicides here.

If there's any issues with this at all then let me know.

Cheers.

Andy

I lost my momma tonight. I feel compelled to share, but I don't know why:
My condolences man. I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost my momma tonight. I feel compelled to share, but I don't know why:
I am devastated for you.

It would have been my first wedding anniversary today, so much has happened in the past year.
Commiserations, hopefully a hug with Lulu will help a little.

It would have been my first wedding anniversary today, so much has happened in the past year.
Commiserations, hopefully a hug with Lulu will help a little.
Thank you. Lulu keeps mauling me, she jumps onto the settee and grabs my hair and rags it!

Thank you. Lulu keeps mauling me, she jumps onto the settee and grabs my hair and rags it!
Awwwww, she's already a typical little scouser ain't she

Awwwww, she's already a typical little scouser ain't she
Yeah she's learnt quickly!😉 the little buggar has me wrapped round her little paw already!