Tropic Thunder

Tools    

Tropic Thunder

(Release Date: August 15, 2008)

Studio: DreamWorks Pictures (Paramount)
Directed by: Ben Stiller
Screenwriter: Ben Stiller, Etan Cohen, Justin Theroux
Starring: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Robert Downey Jr., Nick Nolte,
Brandon Jackson, Steve Coogan, Danny McBride, Bill Hader, Jay Baruchel, Matt Levin, Andrea De Oliveira, Reggie Lee, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Cruise
MPAA Rating: R (for pervasive language including sexual references, violent content and drug material)
Official Website: TropicThunder.com
Plot Summary: In the action-comedy "Tropic Thunder," Ben Stiller plays pampered action superstar Tugg Speedman, who is cast in the biggest, most expensive war movie ever produced. He sets out to Southeast Asia with a "Who's Who" of celebrity co-stars.

They include Kirk Lazarus (Robert Downey Jr.), an intense, three-time Oscar(R)-winning actor; Jeff Portnoy (Jack Black), star of the popular gross-out comedy franchise "The Fatties"; multi-platinum hip-hop-star-turned-entrepreneur-turned-actor Alpa Chino (Brandon T. Jackson); and first-timer Kevin Sandusky (Jay Baruchel). Soon after the production begins the actors are thrown into a real-life situation and are forced to become the fighting unit they're portraying, in order to find a way out of the jungle in one piece.

Theatrical Trailer:

Restricted Trailer:

TV Spot:

Lets put a smile on that block
My favourite part?

“I have a son now!”….”I MADE A MISTAKE!”

This looks good, if not a bit of a rip from the Three Amigo’s. 

Well if i remember rightly, isnt it about three actors who think they are filming a western style movie when in fact unbeknownst to them they actually get caught up in a real western style situation?

My brain box could be malfunctioning heavily though...

Well if i remember rightly, isnt it about three actors who think they are filming a western style movie when in fact unbeknownst to them they actually get caught up in a real western style situation?
No.

When silent film stars Lucky Day, Dusty Bottoms and Ned Nederlander get fired, they take a job offer from Mexico: Doing a show with El Guapo, supposedly the most famous actor there. Traveling there in hope of getting good money, they arrive only to learn soon that El Guapo is not an actor, but a cruel gang leader suppressing people. He abducts the mayor's beautiful daughter Carmen (to be his wife) in revenge for the people's cry for help. Now, all hopes of the village folks rest on the weak shoulders of three minor-talented actors.

No.

When silent film stars Lucky Day, Dusty Bottoms and Ned Nederlander get fired, they take a job offer from Mexico: Doing a show with El Guapo, supposedly the most famous actor there. Traveling there in hope of getting good money, they arrive only to learn soon that El Guapo is not an actor, but a cruel gang leader suppressing people. He abducts the mayor's beautiful daughter Carmen (to be his wife) in revenge for the people's cry for help. Now, all hopes of the village folks rest on the weak shoulders of three minor-talented actors.
Oh Jrs.

Judging by this synopsis, (that you have just ripped from some other sight) that sounds pretty much the same as what i thought it was about. Thanks for confirming it

Someone Save Us College Kids
It sounds funny at least. Robert Downey Jr has got some balls. I recall hearing (in an interview), that the reason he went for the role was to acknowledge the stereotypes of what is a black celebrity. Cheers to that.

hahahaha totally got him! yeah they sound similar.
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.

It sounds funny at least. Robert Downey Jr has got some balls. I recall hearing (in an interview), that the reason he went for the role was to acknowledge the stereotypes of what is a black celebrity. Cheers to that.
Can't wait to see it either. Only two people who know how to answer a thread normally. So far at least.

Can't wait to see it either. Only two people who know how to answer a thread normally. So far at least.
yeah. sorry. no it looks awesome. have u seen the redband trailer? haha classic.

Heard about this and at first I was kind of turned off, then I saw the previews. I hope the previews do not show all the gold, because it looks great.

Heard about this and at first I was kind of turned off, then I saw the previews. I hope the previews do not show all the gold, because it looks great.
True that. Looks like a really funny movie. Great cast as well.

I am half agony, half hope.
Jack Black looks like Meat Loaf in his poster...

Johann von Goethe

Only two people who know how to answer a thread normally. So far at least.
I believe i replied with my feelings on the film in my first post in this thread...
My favourite part?

“I have a son now!”….”I MADE A MISTAKE!”

This looks good, if not a bit of a rip from the Three Amigo’s. 

There are those who call me...Tim.
I know who I am! I'm a Dude, playin a Dude, disguised as another Dude!

Can't wait!

And you know what? For all the hard work and torment that Robert Downey has been through in his career, it's nice to see him in a potential blockbuster/moneymaker (his second this year I hope). He's earned it.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
I have high hopes for this even though I personally feel that Stiller & Black are pretty much the same character in almost every movie they make, I get it Stiller, angst, to Blacks self mocking fat guy act, both are tiresome, but with the addition of Downey Jnr this one at least looks like it might have more to offer.
Whilst I'm on it, add Will Ferrel, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Adam Sandler and Steve Carrell to that list of one dimensional comedic actors who always seem to play every role the same way.

And with that Darth stood like Moses waiting to part the red sea of those that love the above mentioned goofy bastards and their one dimensional acts, yeah I know I'm setting myself up for stick, but what the hell, I'm feeling feisty........

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

This movie is coming out in 2 weeks, I'm super hyped for it. The Rain of Madness mockumentary is hilarious, you gotta check it out if you haven't already. If that trailer on there is an indicator of how funny the movie is I'm going to be seeing this twice.

Also, the early reviews from Comic-Con are all positive and point that its gonna be the funniest movie of the summer.

-Hattori Hanzo