SNOW DAY!!!!!! films.

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Woot it's a snow day!!! Yes I know I'll have to make it up next semester, but these days are not only exciting for students, but for us edukaters as well.

I'm gonna listen to Modest Mouse a bit, blame it on the TetOns and then give McCabe & Mrs. Miller a whirl. Very appropriate.

So what are some films you like to watch on your day off ??

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Well, we rarely get enough snowfall to even stick to the ground here in Portland, much less close schools and businesses. But back in Maryland I had a tradition for years of watching John Carpenter's The Thing on the night of the first big snowfall of the year. Afterwards I'd take a walk through the neighborhood, snow crunching under my feet, the darkness broken up only by the pools of light from the streetlights reflecting on the snow-covered landscape, always on the lookout for dogs or people that looked like my neighbors. Looked like.

I also liked watching the underrated comedy The Survivors with Walter Matthau, Robin Williams and Jerry Reed. "You certainly won't kill me the slow way by giving cigarettes to trees!" HERE is the trailer.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Lost in never never land
I don't really know what I would watch for a snow day. Probably a comedy of some sort as comedies are movies that I can just generally relax to. So maybe the film Hot Fuzz would be one of the ones that I am more likely to watch. Otherwise I'd try and track down some odd sci-fi or horror film to watch just because it is weird.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

I think I'd take the opportunity to watch one of the extended LoTR movies as I never seem to have 4 hours to sit and watch them otherwise.

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

On the extremely rare occasions it does snow down here, I'm always called into to work… but if I could just stay in and pop in a movie, I'd probably watch...

The Blues Brothers

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

A system of cells interlinked
I'm doing The Thing, ASAP. That sounds like fun!

I am fond of watching classic films while chilling at home...

You ready? You look ready.
Either Die Hard or Groundhog Day. It's always difficult to choose.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The People's Republic of Clogher
As I sit here in December with the rain blattering against my windows I think back to the last time I missed anything (school or whatever) because of snow.

And think...

That must have been in the 80s (global warming's ace! ) so for a 'normal' day off, say pulling a sickie because you're definitely not going to want to be seen outside, I'd pick something from my Top40.

My Top40 are the only DVDs directly visible in my living room and they change on a regular basis. Today, for instance, the top 4 DVDs on the shelf are Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, The Proposition, Dr Strangelove and House of Games.

So yeah, something light...

when i'm home, i'll usually watch anything that they're showing a lot of on cable..most recently it's been ever after, the greatest game ever played, selena (i love the film), inherit the wind, 10 things i hate about you, one crazy summer, doc hollywood, back to the future 3, and brazil

comedy and horror movie marathon for me this season

Alive (1993)

Iron Will (1994)

and the ALL-TIME BEST SNOW DAY MOVIE

La Guerre Des Tuques (1984) aka The Dog Who Stopped The War

Horrorphiliac

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You realize you are talking to John. MoFo. McClane? I hope you make it to next year, viddy!