Tenacious D: In the Pick of Destiny

Tools    

And this is my BOOMstick!
The awesomest most rocking band to ever walk the Earth is finally making a movie about their journey on becoming the greatest band ever.

Premise:

This is the story of a friendship that changes the course of rock history forever, of the fateful collision of minds between JB and KG that led to the creation of the precedent-shattering band Tenacious D, and of the two heroes' quest to find the fabled Guitar Pick Of Destiny...

And now the official website!
http://tenaciousdmovie.com

Yes!

Sweet.

Originally Posted by Nitzer
The awesomest most rocking band to ever walk the Earth
Little over the top, they remind me too much of Frank Zappa.

Anyway rock on \m/

Originally Posted by jrs
I think you are on drugs or something.
I think you're on drugs for not recognizing them for who they are. Seriously have you ever even listened to their songs?

A system of cells interlinked
The awesomest most rocking band to ever walk the Earth is finally making a movie about their journey on becoming the greatest band ever.

Premise:

This is the story of a friendship that changes the course of rock history forever, of the fateful collision of minds between JB and KG that led to the creation of the precedent-shattering band Tenacious D, and of the two heroes' quest to find the fabled Guitar Pick Of Destiny...

And now the official website!
http://tenaciousdmovie.com
Greatest band ever? Come on, it's a comedy act, and there is no band, just two dudes writing songs and recording them. I have the album, which is just OK. Wonder Boy is funny ****, though. Changes the course of rock history forever? But, they didn't, not even a little bit. They aren't even that well known...

Originally Posted by Sedai
Greatest band ever? Come on, it's a comedy act, and there is no band, just two dudes writing songs and recording them. I have the album, which is just OK. Wonder Boy is funny ****, though. Changes the course of rock history forever? But, they didn't, not even a little bit. They aren't even that well known...
Does that have anything to do that this movie will most likely kick ass? They've been around from the early 90's and like you said it's all just a comedy act, which by the way doesn't change the fact that they wrote many good songs in the past including Jesus Ranch, City Hall, Kielbasa, Explosivo, Friendship and so on. These guys know what they're doing and they're good at it. You don't have to recycle every word I said about them, they're a ****ing comedy team and they rule.

Does that have anything to do that this movie will most likely kick ass? They've been around from the early 90's and like you said it's all just a comedy act, which by the way doesn't change the fact that they wrote many good songs in the past including Jesus Ranch, City Hall, Kielbasa, Explosivo, Friendship and so on. These guys know what they're doing and they're good at it. You don't have to recycle every word I said about them, they're a ****ing comedy team and they rule.
Do you even read what you post? I responding to:

You did in fact write that, correct? So, does your statement have anything to do with the fact that this film "will most likely kick ass"? I didn't think so. So I will continue responding to the above statement, in which you claim some corn-ball comedy team is the best band to walk the earth. They aren't, and moist people have never even heard of them. That said, this could be a decent comedy, as Jack Black is funny, and a somewhat decent songwriter. But, hey, I have ****ty taste in music, so don't take my word for it. Just notice the rest of the world not agreeing with you either, that should be enough. Try tracking down some polls on "Best Bands Ever" and not a single one will list TD anywhere on the list, let alone near the top. Wonder boy is funny ****, though.

So I will continue responding to the above statement, in which you claim some corn-ball comedy team is the best band to walk the earth. They aren't, and moist people have never even heard of them.
As opposed to dry people knowing all about them? lol
Originally Posted by sedai
Try tracking down some polls on "Best Bands Ever" and not a single one will list TD anywhere on the list, let alone near the top. Wonder boy is funny ****, though.
Most of those lists include bands like greenday and other 3 chord pop-rock sensations on them so I would rather stick to what I think as opposed to the opinion of 14-16 teenage population of USA who has does not accept any music that is not played on MTV. **** people this is a discussion about the upcoming movie not your personal tastes, if you want to piss all over my opinions then please take your business elsewhere.

As opposed to dry people knowing all about them? lol Most of those lists include bands like greenday and other 3 chord pop-rock sensations on them so I would rather stick to what I think as opposed to the opinion of 14-16 teenage population of USA who has does not accept any music that is not played on MTV. **** people this is a discussion about the upcoming movie not your personal tastes, if you want to piss all over my opinions then please take your business elsewhere.
This is a discussion forum, meant for talking about the subjects posted in the threads. The subject at hand is the film about a band. The band that I am talking about. I can say what I like, when I like, where I like, as long I follow the forum guidelines.

And, don't tell me what to do.

So, I was just giving my opinion about the band. You can piss all over it if you like, and I will continue to comment on whatever I want to, up to and including Tenacious D. Also, I don't follow the lists either, and I like what I like, and I haven't even seen MTV in about five years. Is that channel still around? With the list, I was mearly providing evidence that Tenacious D isn't the best band in the world, or one of the most popular, or even known that well throughout the world. Green Day IS one of the biggest bands in the world, with accolades, platinum albums, and spots in big programs all over the world. I think they are ****. But, that is just my opinion.Oh, and Tenacious D plays three and four chord rock, too. You have heard them right?

Here is the guitar tab for Wonder Boy

Notice the verse pretty much sticks to three chords, with an approach at the end using another couple of chords, but very 38 Special/green day in it's nature. Notice the augmented chord they use to attempt to trick you into thinking they use four chords. They aren't.

Move on to the chorus where it say (SAME AS VERSE)

There is an interlude, but it uses the exact same chord progression as the verse.

I think Green Day actually does a modulation from time to time in their songs.

Here is the tab for Tribute

In the Tribute verse, they use exactly ONE chord, peddling on A the whole time.

Moving on to the uber-complex pre-chorus, they step it up to three chords again, and explode into the Chorus, where they use, hold it now, five chords.

I mean, they are ultra-simple, open position chords on an acoustic, that I could teach my non-musician girlfriend to play in an hour or less, but they do use five chords, blowing Green Day out of the water.

So, yeah, Tenacious D are right up there with Opeth in complex arrangements, what with all those twelve minute opuses with key changes, odd meters, and tight technical playing.

And, since I know you know this, but wanted to comment on it anyway, that Tribute chord progression is the exact same one used in the song they are paying tribute to. You do know which song that is, right?

That song uses three chords too.

Oh, and to get back on topic, the film might be marginally funny.

This is a discussion forum, meant for talking about the subjects posted in the threads. The subject at hand is the film about a band. The band that I am talking about. I can say what I like, when I like, where I like, as long I follow the forum guidelines.

And, don't tell me what to do.

So, I was just giving my opinion about the band. You can piss all over it if you like, and I will continue to comment on whatever I want to, up to and including Tenacious D. Also, I don't follow the lists either, and I like what I like, and I haven't even seen MTV in about five years. Is that channel still around? With the list, I was mearly providing evidence that Tenacious D isn't the best band in the world, or one of the most popular, or even known that well throughout the world. Green Day IS one of the biggest bands in the world, with accolades, platinum albums, and spots in big programs all over the world. I think they are ****. But, that is just my opinion.Oh, and Tenacious D plays three and four chord rock, too. You have heard them right?

Here is the guitar tab for Wonder Boy

Notice the verse pretty much sticks to three chords, with an approach at the end using another couple of chords, but very 38 Special/green day in it's nature. Notice the augmented chord they use to attempt to trick you into thinking they use four chords. They aren't.

Move on to the chorus where it say (SAME AS VERSE)

There is an interlude, but it uses the exact same chord progression as the verse.

I think Green Day actually does a modulation from time to time in their songs.

Here is the tab for Tribute

In the Tribute verse, they use exactly ONE chord, peddling on A the whole time.

Moving on to the uber-complex pre-chorus, they step it up to three chords again, and explode into the Chorus, where they use, hold it now, five chords.

I mean, they are ultra-simple, open position chords on an acoustic, that I could teach my non-musician girlfriend to play in an hour or less, but they do use five chords, blowing Green Day out of the water.

So, yeah, Tenacious D are right up there with Opeth in complex arrangements, what with all those twelve minute opuses with key changes, odd meters, and tight technical playing.

And, since I know you know this, but wanted to comment on it anyway, that Tribute chord progression is the exact same one used in the song they are paying tribute to. You do know which song that is, right?

That song uses three chords too.

Oh, and to get back on topic, the film might be marginally funny.

You got me with the chord and tab things, and i do know about it but for me their songs sound much better and are much more original and funnier than any greenday song ever written. Personal taste I guess.

On topic. Yes the movie is going to rule.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Little over the top, they remind me too much of Frank Zappa.
What's wrong with Frank Zappa? I hope we're not talking bad about the man...

Anywho, I'd see this movie. My entire ninth grade year was spent singing the songs on their album, so I guess I can be called a fan. It should be funny. I've always like Jack Black, and I think the band makes other novelty acts look boring. I'm rooting for the film.