The Blues Brothers or Rocky Horror Picture Show
76.47%
13 votes
The Blues Brothers
23.53%
4 votes
Rocky Horror Picture Show
17 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Ok i got into a arguement over this whitch does everyone think is better The Blues Brothers or Rocky Horror Picture Show?

My vote goes for Blues Brothers just because its funnier and I think has better music. Plus no one can top how cool Elwood and Jake are in that movie.

I don't see how these movies are really similar except that they both offer a few Musical numbers. Other than that though, very different. Why not compare Rocky Horror Picture Show and Moulin Rouge!, while you're at it? Or Rocky Horror and Priscilla, Queen of the Desert?

I love The Blues Brothers. Still puts me in a happy place when I watch it (though not when it's butchered on AMC, as it was earlier tonight and nearly made me throw the remote through the screen after only a minute of heavily-and-awkwardly-edited viewing).

But that being said, there's nothing quite like going to a midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Especially if you're drunk and/or high. And you can tell your folks I said so, kids.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I've seen The Rocky Horror Picture Show once at a midnight screening. It was one of the most enjoyable movie experiences I've ever had.

Yet, I never really cared for The Blues Brothers until recently (I hadn't seen it for years, then all of a sudden like...) and now really dig it. So...The Blues Brothers for me...if'n we're rating the film; not the experience.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A system of cells interlinked
The Blues Brothers for me as well. Not a big fan of RHPS, although I tend to like Tim Curry. Rocky Horror just isn't my thing, I guess. I'll watch it, but I don't think it's great.

Arresting your development
I'll go with The Blues Brothers, because they were on a mission from GOD.

Don't hit me, but I've only seen Blues Brother 2000, not the original. I saw it in the theatre - and some young girls stood up and danced during it. I've only seen it that one time - I remember a song about phone sex operators, which I liked.

I went to a midnight screening of Rocky Horror once. I went as Brad.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
The Blues Brothers.. it's one of my favorite all time movies. However I do have a special place in my heart and collection for The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
there's nothing quite like going to a midnight screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show
You're dead right. It made me wish that firearms were easier to get hold of in this country....

I'm equally indifferent towards both.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Blues Brothers for me, cause everybody needs somebody ...to love!!!

Men in suspenders and basques doesn't do it for me personally, but hey, whatever floats your boat!!!

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

I couldn't finish Rocky Horror Picture Show when I tried to watch it... I'll try again one day, but until then The Blues Brothers reign supreme.