Books that you would like to see made into a film?

Tools    

I've been looking forward to this for years. You know about the saga, right? Johnny Depp with the film rights; Mira Nair signed on as director and ready to start production; the Hollywood writers' strike; filming canceled; everyone wondering since then whether it will get made......

Once you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything
A book called Deciet it was a great experience reading it. But I've got my own books I wrote and I would love to see them made. But isn't that all our intentions?

I've been looking forward to this for years. You know about the saga, right? Johnny Depp with the film rights; Mira Nair signed on as director and ready to start production; the Hollywood writers' strike; filming canceled; everyone wondering since then whether it will get made......
Yeah, Mira Nair of the Salaam Bombay fame. Supposedly the movie is allready in production.
Deepa Mehta would have been a better choice for director. Johnny Depp can be anyone but personaly I would have preffered to see someone more Anglo looking in the role.
Among other things that makes this book a great read is the Aussie bandit's cultural clash and assimilation into Indian society. Johnny Depp can pass off as Indian, but that's not the point.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Think LOTR type film

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I would also like to see them finish the Left Behind series but have a real budget

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
CS Lewis's "The Chronicles of Narnia", "In Freedom's Cause", CS. Lewis's "The Space Trilogy", and JRR Tolkien's "The Hobbit".
Wow and 10 years later and we got the Chronicles of Narnia and The Hobbit

I wanna see a big budget Animorphs film. Loved the books when I was young and with the flood of young adult books being made into movies, I think it would do well.

Not Enough Time
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams rules
that movie was such a huge disappointment

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Necroscope series by Brian Lumley. There was talk of Glenn Hetrick writing and directing a movie adaptation, but whether that comes off remains to be seen.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Id like to see every single Discworld Novel made into a film series, that would be glorious

Many years ago, I read a book called THE FRONTRUNNER, which was about a gay high school track coach who falls in love with one of the runners on his team. There was brief talk that it was going to be made into a film for awhile and that Paul Newman had been approached to play the coach, but the film never came to fruition. It was a wonderful book and I still think it would be a great movie.

Dark Tower series.
I agree this would be exciting. I am pleased that Ernest Clines Ready Player One has just been purchased by Warner Bros. Though the book makes references to many films from the past which are not owned by WB e.g WarGames and some others.

So sadly they will be making lots off changes and will probally destroy it.

Ready Player One is a Film/Game nerds wet dream.

I'd also like to see a lot more Cthulhu Mythos-related stuff... not just Lovecraft's stories. There have been quite a few other authors who have contributed stories to the Mythos.