Movies I DON'T want to see

Tools    

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing, but if you are serious about writing films then do yourself a huge favour and see at least some of the movies on that list. There is no harm in learning from those that have been there and done that.

For example, you will learn a lot about exposition (and so much more) from Jaws. You don't even realise you're getting the information because it is worked so seamlessly into the dialogue, and because you're enjoying yourself so much.

Raiders, what can I say? Timing, supsense, humour. Kasdan has the audience right where he wants them.

There might be some on that list that show you how not to do things, which is just as important.

I hope the people on here can sway you to give at least one of the movies on your list a go.
I know I personally would not take a writer seriously if they haven't seen some of those films. Obviously they have not studied their craft

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Wow. All of the films on your list are AMAZING. It's like you're saying "I don't want to enjoy my life at all. Harrumph."

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I don't want to sound like I'm lecturing, but if you are serious about writing films then do yourself a huge favour and see at least some of the movies on that list. There is no harm in learning from those that have been there and done that.
Yeh, not only are most of the films must see but I have always been of the belief that there are pretty much no films (there are probably some, but even then) that you should flat out avoid, every film can teach you something about film making and sometimes watching a bad or mixed film can be a more beneficial educational exercise than a good one.

Yeh, not only are most of the films must see but I have always been of the belief that there are pretty much no films (there are probably some, but even then) that you should flat out avoid, every film can teach you something about film making and sometimes watching a bad or mixed film can be a more beneficial educational exercise than a good one.
Watching bad films is certainly scarier.
Like, holy **** what if my film turns out like this. haha

Watching bad films is certainly scarier.
Like, holy **** what if my film turns out like this. haha
Yeah, I've seen some like that. *Shudder*

I'm Guessing your not much of a Spielberg fan? Which is understandable. But Jaws is great, You can tell the film maker is a genuine passionate about his work and is not just looking for a huge paycheck, Spielberg had a horrific time trying to make that film but worked his ass off and got it done.

But after looking at your list i nearly entirely agree with you i just posted in another part of the forum that i only watched Abrams Star Trek because it was on TV and i had nothing better to do.... and you know what it actually wasn't that bad.

I dont wanna watch Salo, cannibal holocaust, serbian film, pig ****ing movie. Just scrolling through the movied make me to yuck.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Is anyone else surprised this is even a thread?
Honestly, I'm surprised it hasn't been made already, I think that it's a good idea. I'd probably reword it as, "What movie out-there do you know of that others may have liked, but you refuse to watch." I'd have to say The Passion of Christ, simply because I think it shouldn't have ever been made into a film. I have no religion, but I still find it offensive.

What's even more surprising is that this isn't the original poster's most stupid thread.
Yeah, but the other thread is much funnier! I was laughing so much, I could barely read it for the tears.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I know I personally would not take a writer seriously if they haven't seen some of those films. Obviously they have not studied their craft
I think that's ridiculous, they could've seen a million other movies, but if they didn't see some specific ones they haven't studied their craft?