Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Rocky - (may be minor spoilers ahead)

Yo, this film is pretty damn good you know? YO ADRIAN, THIS FILM IS PRETTY DAMN GOOD YOU KNOW?

Its pretty good you know.

Rocky (in case you live under a rock or in Wales or something), is the story of a debt collector for a loan shark, Rocky Balboa, who moonlights as a boxer (or the other way round depending on your way of viewing things). When the World Heavyweight Champion Apollo Creed's opponent pulls out of their title fight in Philadelphia, he decides to fight a local fighter as a spectacle. The local fighter? Rocky Balboa.

Unlike most sports films, Rocky makes the audience sympathise with Stallone's character, despite his occupation, and has a realistic view of working-class life. Even in its schmaltzy moments, such as when Rocky goes down in the 14th, it packs punch. A sporting classic.

Reviews

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Premium Rush - 6.9/10.0

This isn't a bad movie by any means, and honestly, I found myself enjoying a lot of the parts about it. The movie stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt, other-wise known as Heath Ledger's long-lost twin-brother, who is becoming one of my favorite actors with each of his movies. I found myself enjoying him ridiculously in (500) Days of Summer, Manic, Looper, The Dark Knight Rises, and The Lookout. This movie doesn't fall in the same category as those movies, but I thoroughly enjoyed the stylistic aspects of the movie that made me feel like I was watching a movie-adaptation of Mirror's Edge.

I watched some of Premium Rush the other day but had to go for something so didn't finish it. Thought it was pretty solid though like you say, will try to watch the second half sometime. Not only is JLG great but recently I am really loving Michael Shannon as an actor, he's exceptional in one of my favourite TV programs, Boardwalk Empire.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Drive is fantastic and you will hear more of me talk about its greatness
They're releasing another movie called, "Only God Forgives," starring Ryan Gosling, and directed by Nicholas Winding Refn soon. The movie hasn't gotten the positive reviews that Drive got, but I read that Gosling brings a very good performance.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
They're releasing another movie called, "Only God Forgives," starring Ryan Gosling, and directed by Nicholas Winding Refn soon. The movie hasn't gotten the positive reviews that Drive got, but I read that Gosling brings a very good performance.
As soon as I watched Drive I looked out for any upcoming releases by Winding Refn and that's what I found Reviews aren't always everything, and if Drive is a marker to go by, I'm really looking forward to watching it

I Just watched J.J Abrams Star Trek, Only because it was on T.V I have never been a Star Trek fan to be fair. But it wasn't to bad i was pleasantly surprised after putting off watching it for such a long time.

I would probably give it a 6.5/10 which I feel I am rating rather high due to the fact i find it hard to enjoy films made in the past 10 years, I like my old films so maybe be i should try watching some off the old Trek films. I noticed one in a shop called the Wrath of Khan the other day. Any one seen this ? do you have to be a Star Trek nerd to enjoy it?

Bronson 4/10

I was really looking forward to this but quite frankly, it sucked.

Live Free or Die Hard 8/10

Nice Surprise; Die Hard is one of my favorite movies and I loved part 2. I think I never gave part 4 a chance because I only liked part 3, it's rated PG-13, and I didn't hear great things. It was on cable so I tried it and am glad I did. It's better than most action movies and entertaining from start to finish. The part with the jet was a little much, but it didn't hurt my overall enjoyment of the film.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and I was honestly very touched by the movie. I've suffered from social-anxiety for my whole life, and it made things very interesting for me growing up. I think that the main-protagonist really captured some of my feelings about it, and I think that there's even more things in the movie that others will be able to relate to.

Bright Young Things (2003) - 8/10
It's a film with very special, almost unreal atmosphere.

Sudden Impact

Not the best in the series just seems like they are making these stories up to involve Harry in random crimes. The excuse they made to make Harry go to San Paulo was because he made some crime boss have a heart attack without even touching him. I still enjoyed the revenge story from the leading female (Sondra Locke) but really seemed pointless.

2/5 stars

Sudden Impact

Not the best in the series just seems like they are making these stories up to involve Harry in random crimes. The excuse they made to make Harry go to San Paulo was because he made some crime boss have a heart attack without even touching him. I still enjoyed the revenge story from the leading female (Sondra Locke) but really seemed pointless.

2/5 stars
Oh come on, it was still fun as you said. Yeah the rape revenge thing has been done, but Callahan automatically makes it awesome!

Oh come on, it was still fun as you said. Yeah the rape revenge thing has been done, but Callahan automatically makes it awesome!
Yeah I like all of the Dirty Harry movies but this is probably one of the weaker films, I like Deadpool more than this. I was reading some where that the original script wasn't supposed to be a Dirty Harry film but a stand alone film... you can sort of tell as well.

Iron Man 4/5

It seems strange that I'm suddenly interested in superhero movies at the age of 42. I had a lot of fun with this one and whoever thought of casting Robert Downey Jr. is a genius. I never cared for Gwyneth Paltrow before but I absolutely loved her in this and am now a fan.

Iron Man 4/5

It seems strange that I'm suddenly interested in superhero movies at the age of 42. I had a lot of fun with this one and whoever thought of casting Robert Downey Jr. is a genius. I never cared for Gwyneth Paltrow before but I absolutely loved her in this and am now a fan.
At the time this came out, it was hands down the best super hero movie i'd ever seen! Just fantastic. Although they kind of brush over how he has an artificial intelligence jarvis lol. that would be as big of a game changer as his power source!!