What was the last movie you saw at the theaters?

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil

Nömadak Tx

Intriguing musical travelogue following some Basque musicians who have reprised a forgotten percussion instrument, the txalaparta, and taken it round the world for some jam sessions.

In all honesty, this rustic dual xylophone isn't actually the most endearing instrument in the world, but when they're making versions from Arctic ice, or Saharan slate, or just mucking about with Mongolian herders, you come to like it a fair bit more. A lot of the tracks they lay down for the charmingly captured scenes work well too. It's mainly full of non-sequiters (not helped in our screening by the subtitles disappearing for the final third), but there are some lovely lingerings on different global lives in there.

(+)

---

I also saw the amateur and earnest El Perro Del Hortelano, which was bookended with some lovely shots, and occasionally amusing, with some strong performances from the local cast, but was also too poorly executed and simplistic by the end to really achieve any of its aims. Tales of native oppression aren't best served by gap year students playing gap year students who are really CIA spies.

the three musketeers 3D

Needed to get out of the house and my mind on other matters so I went and saw Johnny English Reborn today.

Eh.

Needed to get out of the house and my mind on other matters so I went and saw Johnny English Reborn today.

Eh.
I don't know what's on your mind, but I think I'd have rather dwelt on it than watch that.

Final Destination five

The last few weeks I've seen a whole lot of stuff in the theaters. I guess since the week of Thanksgiving I've seen The Descendants, The Artist, Hugo, Carnage, Shame, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Young Adult, The Sitter, The Muppets, Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows, Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Adventures of Tintin and Le Havre. Oh, and I've seen The Muppets four times already.

In addition to all of those, on the revival side I've also seen Diner, Tin Men, Avalon, A Clockwork Orange, "World on a Wire", and One Two Three.

Twenty-three screenings since late November. Out of all of those the biggest disappointment was Tintin, and though competent and decent enough I thought M:I 4 was almost immediately forgettable and a step backward from the third installment. The Artist is by far the best of those, can hardly wait to see it again and again starting this weekend, and on the fun meter Muppets and Sherlock are very much worth your time. I think.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The World's Smallest Violin
I have young children...

It's rare enough that we are feeling gutsy enough to bring our three rugrats out of the house. This is the only movie we've taken them to see in theaters. My Wife and I have all but given up on going to the movies by ourselves. I think the last thing we saw in theaters, just her and I, was The Dark Knight on IMax.

Last movie saw was i think harry potter

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Sherlock 2.

Didn't enjoy the start too much but loved the middle and ending.

Mission Impossible 4

I just recently went to the cinema for my own movie marathon for my birthday. I saw Tintin, We Bought a Zoo, Happy Feet 2 and Mission Impossible 4.
Tintin was by far the best! :