Best/Worst Decade for Movies

Tools    

Each decade will have its classics and its duds- that's the nature of the biz- and with changing tastes and perceptions, it's hard to pit decades against each other.

For worst, I'll probably go seventies. The era as a whole dated pretty badly- worse so than the eighties. For best, maybe fourties or nineties. The fourties is old enough to come across as being classic rather than dated and it's the decade that comes to mind when you think of classic Hollywood. And considering there was a war on for half of it, it's surprising that they made so many good films. Nineties had a lot of good Disney movies and various other films, some of which are cult classics.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
i think 3 idiots movie is best

Best is definitely the 70's for me:

-The Godfather
-The Godfather Part II
-Taxi Driver
-Chinatown
-Play Misty For Me
-Alien
-Dirty Harry
-Jaws
-Halloween
-Star Wars
-One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
-Magnum Force

Though the 80s run a close second:

-Blade Runner
-The Empire Strikes Back
-The Shining
-The Terminator
-First Blood
-Raging Bull
-Return of the Jedi
-E.T
-A Christmas Story
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off

80s mainly for that's my favorite decade for horror movies.

i really do not know...i think it is 2000-2010 for animations,1990s for comedies,1980s for horrors,1970s for musicals,1960s for westerns,1950s for film-noir,1940s for cartoons...

I'd say the best era for films was from 1971-1999 - or Dirty Harry (and the Golden Age of Grindhouse) to American Beauty.

Very few good movies were made in the 2000s, but the 2010s are looking pretty good. I also generally dislike the '60s.

It is really a hard question,every decade have great movies...really a hard question

so you can t really talk for best decades,but for years you can...i think that best year is 1999(Fight Club,The Sixth Sense,American Beauty,Matrix,Being John Malkovic and many more),but for worst DECADE,obviously,first decade of movies,lol