Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon

→ in
Tools    

And, of course, the biggest reason people hated the second can be summed up in just two words:

WARNING: "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" spoilers below
Robot. Heaven.

At least Steve Jablonsky's score was great.

Went and saw it with the fam and really liked it. Yes, 2 sucked and sucked bad. I thought this was engaging and kept my attention the whole show. I did look at my clock a couple times but was not bothered by the length. I didn't see it in 3d, but have heard it was worth the extra few bucks.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission
I thought "Transformers 3" was just plain terrible. I'm all for big, dumb, summer entertainment - but this was just too absurd. It got to the point where I was leaning forward in my seat, tapping my foot, just praying for the credits to roll.

I thought "Transformers 3" was just plain terrible. I'm all for big, dumb, summer entertainment - but this was just too absurd. It got to the point where I was leaning forward in my seat, tapping my foot, just praying for the credits to roll.

yeah i felt the same, i got so restless and bored. i seen it in 3D and to be honest it looked a bad picture, very dull.

yeah i felt the same, i got so restless and bored. i seen it in 3D and to be honest it looked a bad picture, very dull.
It's funny, because when I found out that James Cameron would be "loaning" Michael Bay his 3D technology, I thought the movie would be slightly improved.

I was dead wrong.

In all honesty, the 3D added nothing. The action sequences were still choppy, there's metal flying everywhere, it was tough to distinguish certain bots from others...

...god, I can't even come up with a cohesive way to express my disdain - that's how irritating this movie was!!

i am gonna watch this movie again maybe on dvd when its released, maybe i'll change my mind watching it from home but i dought it very much.

Are you guys serious? While the movie wasn't that great, the 3D was probably the best I've seen since Avatar.

hahaha it was like every other 3d movie thats come out since avatar, which is nearly every film

hahaha it was like every other 3d movie thats come out since avatar, which is nearly every film
How was it like every 3D movie that came out since Avatar? It wasn't some crappy post-conversion 3D like Clash of the Titans or some gimmicky pop-out effects 3D like most kids movies in 3D. It added depth to the look of the film, because it was actually filmed with 3D cameras.

How was it like every 3D movie that came out since Avatar? It wasn't some crappy post-conversion 3D like Clash of the Titans or some gimmicky pop-out effects 3D like most kids movies in 3D. It added depth to the look of the film, because it was actually filmed with 3D cameras.
It was certainly a step above the 3D used in "Clash of the Titans," "The Green Hornet," etc. But still, I just feel that it would have been the same exact movie if I had opted for 2D.

It was certainly a step above the 3D used in "Clash of the Titans," "The Green Hornet," etc. But still, I just feel that it would have been the same exact movie if I had opted for 2D.
I'm not saying that it made the quality of the movie any better, but it certainly has the best use of 3D that I've seen since Avatar. The 3D certainly isn't like every 3D movie that's came out since Avatar.

well for me it made the film look really dull, nothing special at all.

I'm pretty sure a movie can be fun without being bad.
I agree with you

...But I wasn't having fun when I was watching "Transformers 3." I know I was supposed to, but I just couldn't get into it. *womp womp*

There are those who call me...Tim.
I might as well spoiler this, it's less a review and more of a tired, grumpy rant:

WARNING: "Transformers" spoilers below
The 3D was awesome, best since Avatar (possibly better?), and there were some absolutely beautiful shots in this film. For instance the robots rising out of the ground on the moon (it's not a spoiler, it's in the trailer) and the camera floating through it... one of the most beautiful 3D shots I've seen.

It's just a shame I hated the film. I don't think I've ever seen such an incoherent mess, I was just about able to keep up (I admit my mind was wandering with boredom).

What really irritated me was that there were some good moments in it. John Malkovich's initial cameo, the Autobot spaceship escaping Cybertron was the best space battle scene since the opening of Revenge of the Sith (actually it's possibly the first space battle scene since Revenge of the Sith...), the Kraken transformer who tore down that skyscrape but more than anything else I was really impressed with the moon landing conspiracy at the start. No disrespect to Michael Bay, but that was a really inventive way of involving giant fighting robots with an incredibly important historic event, and I'm still so disappointed that it was over so quickly. It was the most interesting part of the whole franchise so far for me.

Why oh why does Bay insist on making these two and a half hour long epics? Cut the damn thing down to 90 minutes and it would be more exciting. By the time the film finally ended I was worn out from watching explosion after explosion and not knowing who any of the transformers were or what they were doing.

And why have they sidelined Megatron once again in the villain stakes? Use him! There are millions of children and adults who know who he is, and what his relationship is to Optimus, and for him to simply flit in and out while Leonard Nimoy sleepwalks through his lines was unforgivable. This was the third part in a trilogy, there should have been an epic battle between them, one on one, trading blows and trading insults until finally one stands and one falls! Why so many big budget films refuse to follow the Return of the Jedi formula for a final act I don't know, it would have worked so well here.

Instead we get a short scene where a young model tells Megatron he's a bitch, causing him to jealously beat up the only Transformer who actually brought the Autobots to their knees in these films, and as a reward he gets executed in cold blood by a frighteningly unheroic Optimus. Honestly, the character's turned into a right dick in this film.

I've got the first one on DVD from Lovefilm so I'll be watching that later, just to remind myself of what it is I saw in the first movie that convinced to keep coming back for more.

Just came back home from the cinema.

I think it was okay. Better than Revenge of the Fallen. Am i the only one who thinks that the fight in Chicago was dragged on too long? The movie did have some laughs in it, which was good.

I'll give it...

7/10

hey im kinda new at this. is this website just a review website or can u watch movies on it??

sumone plz answer me and help me out..