What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Since there's no thread called 'What was the last VCD you bought and why?' I'll include this here.

Bloody hard to get on DVD and I've been looking to replace my VHS copy for ages. This will do nicely.

One of the great Australian films.
I love it

The People's Republic of Clogher
I can't be arsed to take the VCR down from the loft to check, but does The Chant of Jimmie Blacksmith feature a small part for Alf Stewert from Home & Away, the wonderful Ray Meagher?

EDIT - I answered my own question when I was checking on the spelling of 'Meagher', Yes, it does!

Dole bludgin' hippies!

Pirates of the Caribbean 3, Simply because I like these flicks and I don't expect them to be Oscar worthy.

Couldn't wait for the BD release but I'll probably pick that up later...

I'm like a dog with two tails today!

Edit -I had a quick mooch around online after posting this and managed to pick up the 5 Disc BD edition for £20, posted out a few days before release date on the 18th. The Christmas post being what it is, though, it mightn't arrive before my birthday (12 days after Christmas).

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
The Return

By random chance. I used google image search for a pic of Gohatto for another thread and happened to click on the amazon one. When I visited amazon later, I was greeted with a screen showing me that I had last viewed Gohatto and that 7% of people bought The Return instead after viewing that page. Remembering that this film has been highly recommended by adi among others and seeing that it was less than four quid, and that I needed to spend £2 to get free delivery on the other stuff I was buying, I bought it Hope it's good.

Beware The Probe!
I was weak...
I was gonna wait till after Christmas to get this but I gave in and bought them last night.

The vibrant colors and clarity of the Remastered Trek blows me away.

Looking forward to seeing what was cut out of the BSG movie's TV airing.

Got the 5 disc Blade Runner since no cinemas showed it nearby and also the Optimus Prime transforming case Transformers DVD.

Got the 5 disc Blade Runner since no cinemas showed it nearby and also the Optimus Prime transforming case Transformers DVD.
I'm just thinking to myself that, in a few weeks time, I'll have 6 different copies of Blade Runner.

VHS Original Theatrical cut
VHS Director's Cut
DVD Director's Cut with the dodgy, crap print
DVD Director's Cut with the remastered print
DVD The Final Cut
BD 5 Disc Saddo Need To Get Out More set

It's not even my favourite film.

Lost in never never land
I picked up recently: Dr. Strangelove and all of the Riddick movies.
I wish, I wish he'd go away."
-From Identity

Beware The Probe!
What is this 'transforming case' you speak of and why does it plague my mind so?
If it's something that's so cool it's gonna make me want it then I don't wanna know!

...Yes I do!

What is this 'transforming case' you speak of and why does it plague my mind so?
If it's something that's so cool it's gonna make me want it then I don't wanna know!

...Yes I do!

Lol, i think if you look a couple pages back over the thread there's some photos from when it came out a while back on R1.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra