Favorite Gun Fight

Tools    

The Matrix. Hands down!

Blazing Saddles!

The guns in desperado sure stand out....good gun fight and everything!!!

A couple of my favorites: The shootout in the original Stagecoach. Wayne and the three brothers he's gunning for start down the street toward each other. Scene shifts to a camera in front of Wayne as he drops to the ground, aims and fires his rifle. Camera then cuts to shots of others as they hear gunfire in the distance. The shootout is much more effective because it's never seen except in the mind's eye of the viewer.

The gunfight in Warlock when Anthony Quinn braces his friend Henry Fonda in a crazy attempt to sustain the fast-gun reputation of Fonda's character. Quinn's warning of "You better hit it --and you better hit it fast!" cranks up the tension before he goes for his gun.

The last 30 minutes of hot fuzz - the greatest action scenes of all time.

Hag...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Another odd gunfight: When James Garner goes up against hired gun Swifty Morgan (Chuck Connors) while seated on a mule loaded with dynamite in Support Your Local Sheriff (1971).

Connors was also in a more realistic gunfight when he faced Gregory Peck with single-shot dueling pistols in The Big Country.

As for more realistic gunfights, my absolute favorite is Lee Marvin. He was the only Hollywood actor I ever saw who looked like he knew about guns and about killing--which he did, having been a combat Marine during World War II.

Pretty much any Clint Eastwood spaghetti western shootout. Especially the scene when he uses the hunk of metal as a shield under his poncho because he knows that his opponent always aims for the heart. He gets shot several times in the heart and gets up and kills his shocked opponent

Founding member of the Divide by Zero Foundation.

There's too much blood in my caffeine system!!

Originally Posted by Partimus
Pretty much any Clint Eastwood spaghetti western shootout. Especially the scene when he uses the hunk of metal as a shield under his poncho because he knows that his opponent always aims for the heart. He gets shot several times in the heart and gets up and kills his shocked opponent

That's the first one, A Fistful of Dollars.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Pretty much any Clint Eastwood spaghetti western shootout. Especially the scene when he uses the hunk of metal as a shield under his poncho because he knows that his opponent always aims for the heart.
He used a piece of metal?
I never saw that.
That's pretty smart.
I wonder if it would work in real life.

bullet for bullet my favorite gun fight would have to be heat after the bank heist,a close second would be road to perdition,the near silent scene in the rain when tom hanks guns down paul newmans body guards on his way to kill him

bullet for bullet my favorite gun fight would have to be heat after the bank heist,a close second would be road to perdition,the near silent scene in the rain when tom hanks guns down paul newmans body guards on his way to kill him
Hanks' character in Perdition had to be a hell of a marksman to take out selective targets with a tommy gun when they are clustered that close together. Shooting a tommy gun is like running one of those big commercial floor polishers. You press the trigger and just hang on while it pretty much takes you wherever it wants to go.

For me it's Matrix I like the slow motion gun fight.
Then the part when Neo deflect all those bullets
*Awesome*

Killing's As Easy As Breathing...
any stand off by John Woo

The Terminator - police station
Leon - SWAT scene
Under Siege - 2 pistols crossed over
The Punisher - end
Tears of the Sun - the village attack

For me it's The Matrix, particularly the one in the subway station.

in the movie Heat, during the bank robbing scene.

and a lot of war movies has some nice shoot out scenes too, saving private ryan, band of brothers, black hawk down, etc.

Blade II - the fight in the sewers!!!!.....just sweeettt!!!!