Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

The trick is not minding
I haven't seen Just Friends yet, but I've been a fan of Ryan Reynolds since I saw him in the TV show "Two Guys, A Girl, and a Pizza Place", so I'm still looking forward to this movie, regardless of this review.
See him in Voices. He’s really good in that.
I remember watching 2 Guys....as well, back in HS. Never would have thought he’d become such a big star.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
See him in Voices. He’s really good in that.
I remember watching 2 Guys....as well, back in HS. Never would have thought he’d become such a big star.

Thanks. I'll look for Voices.

Both Reynolds and Nathan Fillion were on that show early in their careers. It's still one of my favorite sitcoms.

The trick is not minding

Both Reynolds and Nathan Fillion were on that show early in their careers. It's still one of my favorite sitcoms.
That’s right! I forgot Fillion was on that!
Shame it ended the way it did...cliffhanger and all

That’s right! I forgot Fillion was on that!
Shame it ended the way it did...cliffhanger and all

Unfortunately it's one of the shows that was cancelled unexpectedly, so they weren't able to tie up all the loose ends, but at least we found out who was pregnant.

The trick is not minding
Unfortunately it's one of the shows that was cancelled unexpectedly, so they weren't able to tie up all the loose ends, but at least we found out who was pregnant.
I don’t remember who it was. Didn’t they have a fans vote to determine the outcome?

I don’t remember who it was. Didn’t they have a fans vote to determine the outcome?
Yes, they filmed four different endings, and the fans voted on which woman was pregnant. If I remember correctly, I think it was Ashley. (It aired a few years ago in syndication on the WE channel).

I have the series on DVD, but I just bought it recently, and I haven't gotten to the last season yet.

The trick is not minding
Yes, they filmed four different endings, and the fans voted on which woman was pregnant. If I remember correctly, I think it was Ashley. (It aired a few years ago in syndication on the WE channel).
I liked Irene more as the seasons went on.

The trick is not minding
Black Lively is in this? I've seen her in a few films, she's always worth the watch. Have you seen her in much else?
No, she isn’t. I was just fantasizing about her haha.
I’ve only seen her in Green Lantern and The Town. Neither of which she was all that impressive.

No, she isn’t. I was just fantasizing about her haha.
I’ve only seen her in Green Lantern and The Town. Neither of which she was all that impressive.
Oh crap! and I was thinking that might be a 5/5 movie Good taste though bro!

I've not seen Green Lantern or The Town.

The trick is not minding
Oh crap! and I was thinking that might be a 5/5 movie Good taste though bro!

I've not seen Green Lantern or The Town.
Skip Green Lantern, although she looks great in it.
I’d recommend The Town, although it’s not great. It’s a heist film.

Honestly, I don't think you'll like that movie. It's a horror comedy and things get over the top violent at the end.

I love Ryan Reynolds, but most of his films are not great. I've seen about 25 of them by my count, plus a couple others he just has a small cameo in. I only saw it once when it came out, but I think Buried is definitely one of his best films, and it's one I don't see many people talk about it. I don't recommend it to anyone with claustrophobia though.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've been gradually buying DVDs of all the movies that I have on VHS, including most of the Rankin/Bass Christmas specials. There are still a few movies that I haven't found on DVD yet, but eventually I should be able to replace all my VHS tapes with DVDs.
we've been making the attempt as well. Though, sometimes there's an added nostalgia factor about watching a Christmas favorite from a VHS
So, we're not rushing it lol

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Honestly, I don't think you'll like that movie. It's a horror comedy and things get over the top violent at the end.
yeah, stay clear of Voices gbg. Not your cup of tea.
An excellent dark comedy/horror film, but, yeah, you won't enjoy it, my dear.

Hmm, I wonder how a Dark Comedy HoF would do. . ?

yeah, stay clear of Voices gbg. Not your cup of tea.
An excellent dark comedy/horror film, but, yeah, you won't enjoy it, my dear.
Thanks for the info. On second thought, maybe I'll pass on Voices.

I love Ryan Reynolds, but most of his films are not great. I've seen about 25 of them by my count, plus a couple others he just has a small cameo in. I only saw it once when it came out, but I think Buried is definitely one of his best films, and it's one I don't see many people talk about it. I don't recommend it to anyone with claustrophobia though.

If claustrophobia is a problem, then I'll have to pass on Buried too.