Foreign Language Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'll just go by the primary language since some of the films are co-productions from multiple countries. Currently we have:

2 French Films
2 German Films
1 Italian Film
1 Korean Film
2 Spanish Films
2 Japanese Films
that IS a pretty good spread - VERY nice!!

since there's a strong wish for Friday, Friday will do me as well

and sorry to hear you won't be in, @rauldc14 Definitely looking forward to you hosting the 16th though.

Think i know what one of the Spanish Language films are, maybe both if Okay had one too actually, and if Citizen's is in French i think i know what that could be as well. Oh yeah one of the Korean ones too.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I narrowed my options down to 3 and have been dithering between them. I got decider machine to pick for me and I'm going to abide by that decision

If anyone was interested in some more clues, there are currently no films from the 50s or earlier, and the most recent film is less than 2 years old.
One of my Spanish guesses are out then, thought Cricket may have nominated Los Olvidados for some reason. Think i know what one of the Spanish ones is though, as well as the Korean and possibly a French. Those ones are all after the 50's.

Edit: Just found out it's not the Korean one i'm thinking of haha.

movies can be okay...
Think i know what one of the Spanish Language films are, maybe both if Okay had one too actually, and if Citizen's is in French i think i know what that could be as well. Oh yeah one of the Korean ones too.
You're not playing? I would of definitely liked to hear your thoughts on my nomination.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

You're not playing? I would of definitely liked to hear your thoughts on my nomination.
Nah, mate gonna sit this one out. Been watching what i want this month and been enjoying it after watching so many films for the Countdown and various HoF's. Will follow it though and might watch a few of them.

He's always playing.
Dunno what this means but i like it

I'm 50/50 on if I'll be able to finish this one...foreign films mean sitting and watching and doing nothing else so if the list is all re-watches for me I might bow out. I actually ended up doing a blind pick for my nom.

I had planned to post the nominations tomorrow evening, but I do get off work early tomorrow and can easily do the reveal around noon EST if that's cool.

We currently have 13 nominations, which honestly is a lot more interest than I was anticipating haha.

I'm 50/50 on if I'll be able to finish this one...foreign films mean sitting and watching and doing nothing else so if the list is all re-watches for me I might bow out...
If you or anyone needs to drop out, please, tell us sooner than later.

If you're already thinking you can't complete this, then let us know you're out with in a week or so, before people spend their time watching your movie. That's only fair.

If you or anyone needs to drop out, please, tell us sooner than later.

If you're already thinking you can't complete this, then let us know you're out with in a week or so, before people spend their time watching your movie. That's only fair.
I'll tell you now if the mod pm's me the noms, anyways my pick was commercial and this year something most of you would likely see anyways.

to be fair.

I will reveal the nominations tomorrow (Friday) at noon EST.
I can't do it right now because I have to head off soon for the night.

If anyone would like to drop out, for whatever reason, just say as much in the thread. It's always disappointing to see people leave, however, as long as it's decided very early in the HoF, there's not really any harm done. But the longer someone waits to drop out, the more it's going to feel as if our time has been wasted.

I had planned to just post the films and not who nominated them, since in the last few HOFs we've been having fun spending some time trying to guess who nominated which film. I can skip the mystery and just post the names, or alternatively if anyone wanted to start watching films immediately after the reveal but were worried about potential drop-outs, they can message me for the full nomination details. Let me know what you prefer.

I'm tagging everyone so they don't miss this. If you are not comfortable weighing in here in the thread, just send me a PM or post comment.
@Citizen Rules @jiraffejustin @Nope1172 @Okay @edarsenal @Ultraviolence @ScarletLion @cricket @Pussy Galore @Thursday Next @Nemanja @Siddon @CaptainT @Luis

...I can skip the mystery and just post the names, or alternatively if anyone wanted to start watching films immediately after the reveal but were worried about potential drop-outs, they can message me for the full nomination details.

Let me know what you prefer.
I'd vote to skip the mystery guessing this time around, as there's so many new people that it would be hard for most of us to guess, but...totally up to you.

I honestly think it would be easier for me to guess Okay, Scarletlion or Ultraviolence's noms before some of the regulars as they seem to watch foreign films more often.

I honestly think it would be easier for me to guess Okay, Scarletlion or Ultraviolence's noms before some of the regulars as they seem to watch foreign films more often.
You can probably guess mine, as you're real good at that. So give me a post comment and I'll confirm if you guessed right.