The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Yeah, I'm not going to lie I'm a little upset, mainly because of all the work I have prepared for the 50s list for another list to just up and come about before that one.
Maybe I misread intentions, but I thought the point of this was just to have a quick, fun list while everyone's waiting for your proper long-term one to play out.

Maybe I misread intentions, but I thought the point of this was just to have a quick, fun list while everyone's waiting for your proper long-term one to play out.
It could be either.

It's OPEN to discussion, Camo. Shoo.
What discussion? You started a thread and set a date. Usually at least during the 50's Countdown we'd discuss what the next countdown will be and come to a decision. Not someone who hasn't been here long and who has never taken part in any of the countdowns just deciding it for us. I'm fine doing an Action one if that's what is decided, but others have been waiting for different countdowns to be done for a while and i don't see how you can just tell us it is Action next or even before the 50's one.

I've already sent in
Never takes me long to get a list together.
Got it.

Already see some crossover.

Originally Posted by Camo
What discussion? You started a thread and set a date.
I asked if that's what people were up for, consensus agreed and I set a transparently tentative date which I've established will change due to feedback.

You're the only one who said you weren't interested in this, Camo, so why are you coming in to start ****?

Yeah, I'm not going to lie I'm a little upset, mainly because of all the work I have prepared for the 50s list for another list to just up and come about before that one.
No Top 100 on the forum is just a quick fun list.

Those have to be well-planned and properly worked out. I'd suggest leaving things as they are, but set a list-date around the beginning of the 50s countdown. And then the actual countdown for the action list will start a little while after the 50s countdown has ended.

I asked if that's what people were up for, consensus agreed and I set a transparently tentative date which I've established will change due to feedback.
You presented Action as the only choice. Again why do you who has never taken part in a countdown just get to decide what we are doing next? These happen twice maybe three times a year at most, so usually the whole forum gets a say. But obviously no, you who again hasn't taken part in any of these just gets to decide they are running an Action one next.

You're the only one who said you weren't interested in this, Camo, so why are you coming in to start ****?
That doesn't matter, if we were to decide to do a Musical one instead for instance which i would like to do less than an Action one i'd be fine with that since someone other than the almight Omnizoa had a say.

No Top 100 on the forum is just a quick fun list.

Those have to be well-planned and properly worked out.
Since the list due date was in less than a week, I just figured it wasn't meant to be quite like the other ones, but that's a very fair point.

Make it the beginning of October.

Omni gets a countdown going and immediately gets grief.

Now I remember why I said I'd never do another one after I did the Comics.

Think I might pull the Performances one I was gauging interest for. I remember exactly how much hassle these things cause for the host.

Since the list due date was in less than a week, I just figured it wasn't meant to be quite like the other ones,
There's other stuff on the site that goes by quick (honestly, song tournaments are way more dependent on regular interactivity), so...

Think I might pull the Performances one I was gauging interest for. I remember exactly how much hassle these things cause for the host.
Izzzokay. Granny's gotchy'all covered.

I once wanted to host a Sequel Top 100 and I got the same treatment, only because I wasn't sure how stuff like that worked at the time. So yeah, I'll never host a big countdown either...

Your idea is different. Like SC's quick movie star countdown it could run concurrently with the major one. Omni has just decided what the next major countdown is. He asked a bunch of movie fans who love countdowns if they'd be interested in this, of course they said yes. While the others who were waiting to bring their ideas up when the discussion actually happens get pushed aside for Prince Omni.

I once wanted to host a Sequel Top 100 and I got the same treatment, only because I wasn't sure how stuff like that worked at the time. So yeah, I'll never host a big countdown either...
Top Sequels sounds cool.

Omni has just decided what the next major countdown is.
Or isn't. Who's to say it gets taken seriously? Why must it necessarily steal attention away from any other activity thread?

I was prepared for people to have a week to send in a list of movies they've ALREADY SEEN, but if they want to take more time to actually see some, that's their prerogative.

He asked a bunch of movie fans who love countdowns if they'd be interested in this, of course they said yes.
How insensitive I must be.

While the others who were waiting to bring their ideas up when the discussion actually happens get pushed aside for Prince Omni.
Why are you waiting to have a discussion? Why not just have a discussion? Maybe a Countdown gets thrown out, it dies in the water, and nothing significant comes of it, so what? You're gonna insult me for trying?

Pardon me if I don't act beholden to your schedule or are part of this "circle of privilege" you seem to have erected for deciding these things.