The MoFo Top 100 Animated Films - The Countdown

→ in
Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

No, you were not "all by yourself". I voted for it. It was my #24. I guess I should have placed it higher on my list, but it was tough enough finding a spot for it at all.

I thought it deserved a spot on the list, and I'm sad to see that it didn't make it.

Did the blanket annoy me? YES.

Was weeman all by himself when he voted for it? No.

The Brave Little Toaster Breakdown

Total Points: 54
Part of Numeric a Tie?: Yes. It received fewer votes than From Up On Poppy Hill and the same number of votes as The Adventures of Tintin, but weeman's #1 vote for it would have placed it behind Poppy Hill and ahead of Tintin, effectively putting it at number 104.
Votes: 1st Place (25 pts.), 10th Place (16 pts.), 15th Place (11 pts.), 24th Place (2 pts.)

Voted for neither, seen neither.

But the design/graphics and the way it is all constructed so far on this list is pretty spectacular! Great work Miss Vicky and all the graphic designers!

Lord High Filmquisitor
That Brave Little Toaster video has to be one of the saddest things that I've seen recently. The feelz were, in fact, real.

I like All Dogs Go to Heaven, although I don't love it. It's basically to The Crow what Oliver & Company was to Oliver Twist.

I haven't seen Surf's Up and I doubt that I would like it. Happy Feet was straight up unbearable, and this seems like more of the same.

I'm sorry, but that new Weeman video wasn't funny at all. If that's the best he can do now, I won't be bugging him to make Sexy Hitler II any longer. I will have to make it myself or something.

I haven't seen Surf's Up and I doubt that I would like it. Happy Feet was straight up unbearable, and this seems like more of the same.
They may be both CG animated films about penguins, but the similarities really end there.

Anyway! It looks like Miss Vicky might be rigging the countdown just for me.

First of all: One Pointers.

Grace
(Tanya Weinberger, 1986)

This was mine. Grace is something I used to see on Nickelodeon a lot as a child. I thought I'd throw it on the list because I knew it would more than likely be a one pointer. Give it a watch -- it's only a little over 2 minutes.

None of the Top Ten Near Misses were mine.

AND....

All Dogs Go To Heaven was #8 on my list.

My List:

8. All Dogs Go To Heaven
25. Grace (one pointer)

The Adventures of Prince Achmed is another one I forgot, though I'm not sure it would have made my list if I had remembered it. It's good and everyone should see it. Surf's Up is okay (high 2.5 or low 3), but shouldn't have made the list. No comment on All Dogs Go to Heaven as I haven't seen it since probably 1990.

No comment on All Dogs Go to Heaven as I haven't seen it since probably 1990.
Same here, but I needed stuff to put on my list and I remember that movie as something I really liked back then.

Might've seen All Dogs Go to Heaven when i was younger. No interest in rewatching it.

Haven't seen Surf's Up and probably won't. It looks like the majority of **** animations they've been bringing out the last few years. Happy Feet, Over the Hedge, Flushed Away etc.

I'm pretty sure From Up on the Poppy Hill didn't make my list, it may have, but it's disappointing that it lost out to these two.

The Brave Little Weeman Returns!
Neither of these were on my list. It makes me even more upset that Surf's Up has made it and my precious toaster hasn't.

Reviews

Haven't seen Surf's Up and probably won't. It looks like the majority of **** animations they've been bringing out the last few years. Happy Feet, Over the Hedge, Flushed Away etc.
Happy Feet's not great, but those others are quite good.

Neither of these were on my list. It makes me even more upset that Surf's Up has made it and my precious toaster hasn't.
Well, that's what you get for never making SEXY HITLER II. You should have done that and asked me to put TOASTER on my list.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Of the one pointers I've got to say I was a little surprised at Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs being there. Wasn't on my list but I thought it was quite a witty, visually creative little film. Not saying it should have made the top 100 but just 1 point seems harsh.

I feel bad about Over the Hedge not making my list now. Sorry Vicky. It may well have made it on to the tail end of my list if I've gotten round to rewatching it beforehand. And it looks like I should try and watch The Secret of NIMH sometime. Never stumbled across it in childhood and I don't think I'd even heard of it until fairly recently

I do however have the first from my list. I had Surf's Up at #18. I agree with Vicky that it's just a really funny little film that's got some terrific visuals and the mockumentary format is entertaining and something a bit different.