The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (David Fincher!)

→ in
Tools    

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i have been looking forward to this film more than any other this year. i will be seeing it on Christmas day with the boyfriend, and i hope it doesn't disappoint.

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
everytime i see a preview for this, i get more excited to see it. i showed the preview to the husband yesterday while online...he is now wanting to see it too!!! this looks like brad pitt's finest work....

i saw the movie posters yday in person and they aren't the usual paper material. they were on fabric--thats what it felt like!! so unusual but eye catching to say the least!!!

yes. but it is loosely based isn't it?
Sort of, but the main story is the same, I think. They just fleshed it out a bit.

He was born in 1896, which would have made writing a story that year other than one consisting entirely of drool and poo-poo diapers to be damn near impossible.
...which would have probably still been better than much of his work

Originally Posted by Vertical Gunn
The first poster has arrived.

That is the ugliest picture of Brad Pitt that I have ever seen.

If this movie bombs, blame the poster.

Both posters are ugly. That's the point, I think.

It was incredibly expensive ($167m); over three hours. There's no chance it'll make a decent return.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
yes. but it is loosely based isn't it?
i think so, but i'm not overly sure. but i think the movie focuses on it being more of a tragic love story, and the romance part in the short is very brief.

You're a Genius all the time
I think that this movie looks like the straight-up balls and it definitely feels like the perfect film for a quaint little family to take in on Christmas Day. Sometimes it almost seems like those wacky distributors and studio suits actually know what they're doing. I'm pretty sure that, especially considering the obvious dearth of big-time Oscar bait type movies, Benjamin Button is the flick that'll finally give David Fincher the orgy of Academy Awards he so very much deserves.

I just saw a really crazy good trailer for it on TV, but I can't find it anywhere online. You MoFo's will just have to take my word for it when I say how great it was. It was great.

Yeah I haven't been able to see the prescreening for this film, yet it does look good. Also I like the idea of the story concept . If it did cost 167 million to make that is a big number to overcome to make a good profit. Hopefully worldwide it will do well at the box office.

Even after Zodiac I'm very doubtful of this movie. The trailer has a very cold absence of emotion. Then again , I'm sure the trailer wasn't directed by David Fincher.