Holiday Movie Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
CONGRATS @Thursday Next!!!! A very serious and well deserved win -- NICELY done!!

THANK YOU CR for Hosting!!!!

and very happy to take 2nd place in this
LOVED the nominations!

1) A Christmas Carol / Scrooge #2
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas #1
3) The Year Without a Santa Claus #7
4) The Family Man #6
5) Rise of the Guardians #4
6) The Muppet Christmas Carol #3
7) Home Alone #5
8) Just Friends #8

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Surprised home alone was 5, I figured around 3 or so. Cool that Nightmare won, I thought Scrooge would win.

Hope we can do this next year.

There wasn't a truly bad film in the lot, even if I didn't rate Just Friends and Year Without a Santa Claus too highly.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Oh and my list

1. Scrooge
2. Home Alone
3. Nightmare Before Christmas
4. Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Family Man
6. Rise of the Guardians
7. Year Without a Santa Claus
8. Just Friends

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Rise of the Guardians was pretty good, but didn't say 'Christmas' as much as the movies which will be the top 3.

Technically this was called a "Holiday" HoF, and Rise of the Guardians said "holiday" more than any other movie here. There rest of the noms were strictly "Christmas" movies.

Technically this was called a "Holiday" HoF, and Rise of the Guardians said "holiday" more than any other movie here. There rest of the noms were strictly "Christmas" movies.
Right, it was called a Holiday HoF as I was thinking of Christmas, Hanukah and Thanksgiving movies. What gave me the idea was my wife in November gave me a list of two holiday movies to get:
Home for the Holidays
Avalon (1990)

Home for the Holidays was horrible. Avalon I just watched last night, it was OK but not really focused. I prefer Radio Days.

It looks like The Year Without a Santa Claus was kind of a "love it or hate it" type of movie. I think it was either in the top 3 or the bottom 3 of everyone's lists. (Even I had it placed third on my list, and I love it. )

This was my ranked list:

1) Rise of the Guardians (2012)
2) The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
3) The Year Without a Santa Claus (1974)
4) The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992)
5) The Family Man (2000)
6) A Christmas Carol (1951)
7) Home Alone (1990)
8) Just Friends (2005)

Congratulations @Thursday Next! You picked a great movie!

Thank You @Citizen Rules! This was a fun HoF. I hope we can do this again next year.

Right, it was called a Holiday HoF as I was thinking of Christmas, Hanukah and Thanksgiving movies. What gave me the idea was my wife in November gave me a list of two holiday movies to get:
Home for the Holidays
Avalon (1990)

Home for the Holidays was horrible. Avalon I just watched last night, it was OK but not really focused. I prefer Radio Days.

Home for the Holidays has been on one of the cable movie channels all month, but I never got a chance to watch it. It looks like it might have dodged a bullet on that one.

I saw Avalon years ago, but I don't remember much about it, but I think I remember liking it.

Home for the Holidays has been on one of the cable movie channels all month, but I never got a chance to watch it. It looks like it might have dodged a bullet on that one.

I saw Avalon years ago, but I don't remember much about it, but I think I remember liking it.
So far I haven't liked Holly Hunter very much Maybe I'll watch Little Miss Firecracker one of these days.

So far I haven't liked Holly Hunter very much Maybe I'll watch Little Miss Firecracker one of these days.

I've only seen Holly Hunter in a few movies. I like her in Always, but she hasn't really been memorable in anything else that I've seen her in.

I've only seen Holly Hunter in a few movies. I like her in Always, but she hasn't really been memorable in anything else that I've seen her in.
I didn't like her in that either. She should be someone I find enduring and cute, but so far she just grates on my nerves Probably just the roles I've seen her in, I'm sure she's nice herself.

I didn't like her in that either. She should be someone I find enduring and cute, but so far she just grates on my nerves Probably just the roles I've seen her in, I'm sure she's nice herself.

It's probably her voice. I find her voice cute, but I can see some people finding it a little annoying. (I noticed it when she voiced the mother in the Pixar movie The Incredibles.)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Good job everyone!!!! Nightmare deserved the win in my books and I had fun watching all the films. Surprised to see Home Alone on the lower end of the list though.

Suspect's Reviews

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I think Nightmare Before Christmas covered both Halloween and Christmas

I think Nightmare Before Christmas covered both Halloween and Christmas

You're right. They were both great "holiday" movies.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
It's been a while but I do remember enjoying Home for the Holidays. Solid cast regarding the family and she carried the lead role quite nicely, I thought.
I also like Holly in the ones I've seen her in:
Raising Arizona
voice work in The Incredibles
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Broadcast News