Movie HALL of FAME Archives & Info

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I would be interested in the musical HoF, and maybe the comedy HoF.

I might join the fantasy HoF, but I'm still undecided on that one, so I might wait until the reveal to decide.

And depending on the director, I might be interested in that one, but I'm not a fan of Altman. Maybe Spielberg, Frank Capra, or Billy Wilder, and I might consider a few other directors.

I'd be most interested in the fantasy one, not sure why but it just seems rather cool
Yeah that would be a cool one as it has never been done. I think it might get some excitement and draw in some new people too. It's Cosmic's idea so whenever she wants to do it, I'm joining.

You know, I thought of a perfect movie for it too yesterday, but now I forgot it...damn I should've wrote it down, ergh!

I'd be most interested in the fantasy one, not sure why but it just seems rather cool
Fantasy has always been one of my favorite genres, often mixes mature themes with childlike wonder... and of course that often means animation too

so yeah i'd be super excited for a fantasy one

If you guys want to do Fantasy next, I can start the thread as early as tomorrow afternoon.
Yes!!! I'm cool any time you want, I'm all finished for HoFs atm

I do have an eligibility question however... take a movie like... oh, I guess literally every Pixar movie. All of them have fantasy elements, but some are explicitly MORE fantasy than others (Onward as opposed to Toy Story for instance)... so do we consider a movie like Toy Story or Cars “fantasy”?

I'm going to use the same eligibility requirement I used in the 2nd Sci-Fi Hall of Fame. So any film tagged on IMDB, the Google sidebar, or described on Wikipedia as fantasy will be accepted. If a film is somehow not listed in any of those places as fantasy, you are free to argue a case for its inclusion via PM.

I'm going to use the same eligibility requirement I used in the 2nd Sci-Fi Hall of Fame. So any film tagged on IMDB, the Google sidebar, or described on Wikipedia as fantasy will be accepted. If a film is somehow not listed in any of those places as fantasy, you are free to argue a case for its inclusion via PM.
Cool, sounds good to me

The trick is not minding
So many options to choose from currently.....Italian Peplum of the 1960’s? 1980’s era fantasy? Animated fantasy? 2000’s “every fantasy book in existence gets adapted to cash in on LoTR And Harry Potter Hysteria” era?
I...I can’t decide! 😳

The trick is not minding
It’s looking like I’m going to have to take a break from these for now, regrettably. Work started with mandatory Saturday so I’m working 6 days a week the past month and it’s been extended through August. This has made watching films more difficult lately. I’ve found in been too tired the last week especially.
I’ll finish out the fantasy, since I own most of them, and hope to join one once work has slowed some

It’s looking like I’m going to have to take a break from these for now, regrettably. Work started with mandatory Saturday so I’m working 6 days a week the past month and it’s been extended through August. This has made watching films more difficult lately. I’ve found in been too tired the last week especially.
I’ll finish out the fantasy, since I own most of them, and hope to join one once work has slowed some
I hear ya man! I've been working real hard and don't nearly have as much free time as I once did. Hope you're getting lots of good overtime pay...and hope to see you in at least a couple HoFs in the near future.

My time has also been short, but I'll be in the next Personal Rec HoF, whoever wants to host it.
I heard Cricket did such a great job on the first one that he's hosting it again...I'll be joining.