What should the next Mofo Top 100 Countdown be?

Tools    

What should the next Countdown be?
31.82%
14 votes
All Time Top 100
27.27%
12 votes
2000s
15.91%
7 votes
2010s
2.27%
1 votes
Action
2.27%
1 votes
Black & White Films
2.27%
1 votes
Comedy
0%
0 votes
Fantasy
4.55%
2 votes
Foreign Lanuage
0%
0 votes
Musicals
6.82%
3 votes
Noir
4.55%
2 votes
War
2.27%
1 votes
Other
44 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I'd wanna push pretty strongly against "re-doing" a decade before another all-timer, yeah. I understand the millennium list is a little different, but I'm not sure I think it's different enough to do again instead of the really strong options we have otherwise. Just my opinion, naturally.

We need some more MoFos voting in the poll for the next countdownRight now it's too close to call. These people had previously posted with their opinions but have voted yet: @The Rodent @Thursday Next @cricket @John-Connor

And of course we need other MoFos to let their opinion be known

I voted for 2000's. As long is we are definitely going to be doing that decade, I think it makes sense to do it before 2010's. I think it makes even more sense to do both of those before an all time.

But I also have no idea why we're doing 2000's again. I wasn't around then; was it limited participation?
Because it's not a true decade list. It has movies from 2010 and 2011, which will cause overlap when we do the 2010's list and leave the 2000s underrepresented compared to the other decades.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Voted for all-time list. There are others I'm more excited about, but the time is right.

I do like the idea of an LGBT list too, a good pick for a future genre countdown. I wouldn't fancy the job of deciding the eligibility criteria though.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Has the forum ever done a countdown not voting for the movies themselves, but say 100 greatest actors or characters, or greatest original scores. That could be fun.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I believe there was a soundtrack list attempted some time, although not quite in the same style.

If it wasn't the movies themselves, it would be tricky to make it part of the list section.

Has the forum ever done a countdown not voting for the movies themselves, but say 100 greatest actors or characters, or greatest original scores. That could be fun.
I’ve brought up film scores I think. That would be super fun.

Yes but they were done as quicky countdowns for fun. Which is cool as they don't warrant a huge investment in time from the host and the participants. But those type of personal countdowns won't take the place of the more all inclusive MoFo Top 100 countdowns.

Here's an example:
The Top 100 Movie Stars Countdown

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Yes but they were done as quicky countdowns for fun. Which is cool as they don't warrant a huge investment in time from the host and the participants.

Here's an example:
The Top 100 Movie Stars Countdown
Wonder where Kevin Spacey would finish next time?

Nothing other than films, no (scores obviously still works since they're all attached to films), mostly because discovering new films (and checking things off lists) was a big part of this. But it's technically possible, and I hope to expand the custom lists to allow for actors/directors at some point, too.

I am down for 2000-2009.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

We need some more MoFos voting in the poll for the next countdownRight now it's too close to call. These people had previously posted with their opinions but have voted yet: @The Rodent @Thursday Next @cricket @John-Connor

And of course we need other MoFos to let their opinion be known

Thanks for the tag... didn't realise the poll had been added.

Voted for All Time.
I like the idea of the 10 year gap between them... MoFo's changed a lot in 10 years... and even the old-timers have changes in their faves.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm just thinking about how it's already mid-July so I have to wonder whether or not you could have the requisite list-making period and also enough time to drop the countdown by the end of 2020 anyway.