MoFo Fantasy Baseball - 2020 Signups

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Don't see any options like that, no. Lame.
I have seen league setting with a "Max Acquisitions per week" setting, but maybe that is for head to head only?

Good god almighty! I'm last again?! AGAIN?! This is the 2nd year in a row!

ATTICA! ATTICA! ATTICA!

You're 11th and I'm 12th. You really feel that's more favorable than picking higher up in the draft? I'm reaching for some hope here.

You're 11th and I'm 12th. You really feel that's more favorable than picking higher up in the draft? I'm reaching for some hope here.
I do. There's so much value in the later rounds. I love having 2 picks close together like that.

I'd say this is usually the case. I joke about it every year, but I dunno why people always assume higher is better. I've won plenty with "low" picks. Some years I explicitly prefer them.

Even if there were better or worse slots, those often get swamped by how each particular draft unfolds.

Make Believe Registered User
I would love to have 11th or 12th In this draft. I think 6th is the worst

I'll have an opinion after a few mocks, but I will say that 6th or 7th has a general advantage in that you have more opportunities to catch "falling" players, whereas if you're at the beginning or end sometimes someone falls but your turn(s) just take too long to come around for you to even take advantage, even if you notice and almost nobody else does. I feel like it's a lower ceiling but higher floor position. I might take it if I had no idea what the draft looked liked in a given year for that reason.

I dont feel too bad now. I doubt I'll grab Christian Yelich picking last like I did last year though.

Curious if Yoda is hexing PW to prevent the first three peat in our FBB league. Actually everybody might be hexing him. It's been 8 years since I won a championship in our league, and it was the only one I won, other than the Jungle overflow league.

If by hex you mean hoping for slightly better luck, then yes. Last season was probably the toughest uphill climb I've ever had. Gonna assume that probably can't continue, do the same stuff, and let the pop flies fall where they may.

Hexing means casting a bad spell on your opponent. Many times people have tried it on you lol! Jk

Make Believe Registered User
SS seems to be the most stacked position this year. And picking 6th there are a ton of of SS available or a SP

I was just in a mock with an Adam. Wonder if that was you? I've already nabbed Turner a few times at 11. I kinda doubt I'll get that lucky in this league but ya never know. I really think picks 1 thru 6 are locked in, just not the order they get taken. Someone may crack early tho and go pitcher by 4 or 5. I hope so. Thats when the fun starts.

Anyone have any interest in tweaking categories a little? Like instead of Saves and Holds, having one category that's Saves + Holds? I tried that in another league last year and it felt a lot better, way less randomness, more about finding good relievers than playing the guessing game with managers and roles.

Might involve removing a batting category to keep things even, though, but I'd be fine with doing that for RBIs or something.

Any thoughts either way?

I'd like to keep Saves separate from Holds. A closer would be devalued if someone can just drop a bunch of relief pitchers to get an overabundance of Holds, thereby eliminating any need for Saves.