Japanese Film Hall of Fame

Tools    

I’ll probably nominate more in the future in general HoFs. I have a feeling you’ll like most of Miyazaki’s films, he’s a director with as much of a stamp as Tarantino or Scorsese or anybody, and in my top ten of all time.
Cool, I would look forward to that. I don't hate anime btw and it's nice to see diversity in the general HoFs too.
Princess Mononoke is a must see as well
Yes, for sure, I’ll be nominating that for something down the road.

The trick is not minding
And Spirited Away, you liked that one too right?
I remember liking Spirited Away as well even though I didn't much care about Nausicaä.
I’ve seen quite a few of the Dragon Ball Z anime that were released theatrically in Japan, but were released on dvd here in the US. Ghost in the Shell. Vampire Hunter D films. A few others here and there. None of those compare to Studio Ghibli films.
Ghost in the Shell came close.

My ballot with the ratings:

#1: Hana-bi (1997)

#2: Kamikaze Girls (2004)

#3: The Third Murder (2017)

#4: High and Low (1963)

#5: Harakiri (1962)

#6: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind (1984)

#7: A Hen in the Wind (1948)

#8: After Life (1998)

Ok, fair winner. I didn’t love High and Low but it’s a solid film and Kurosawa needed a win!

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
High and Low DEFINITELY deserved the win and that's saying something with so many excellent films in this HoF

This was a nice touch doing the reveals like the countdowns through a few days. Added to the conversations as we awaited the results. VERY cool, @rauldc14.
And, of course, a HUGE THANK YOU for Hosting!!!

CONGRATS @Siddon on the win!!!

1) High and Low
2) Hana-bi
3) Haraki
4) The Third Murder
5) Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
6) A Hen in the Wind
7) Kamikaze Girls
8) After Life

Being my #1 film, I was obviously rooting for Harakiri to win, but High and Low is a solid winner as well. Congrats Siddon, and thanks for hosting Raul! I'm glad the technical issues you were having with the site seem to be cleared up now.

This was my list:

01. Harakiri
02. The Third Murder
03. High and Low
04. After Life
05. A Hen in the Wind
06. Kamikaze Girls
07. Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
08. Hana-bi