MoFo Fantasy Baseball '16 - The Regular Season

Tools    

That's the big thing about churning through players looking for gems: sure, you'll have a gem or two on your roster at some point. You'll also drop a couple because they weren't all gemmy and shiny the first few days you happened to have them.

Max Scherzer threw 119 pitches, 96 strikes. He threw 23 balls. He struck out 20 batters. 12th time in MLB History that a pitcher has struck out 19 batters or more in a 9 inning game

There's the Scherzer that I traded for!

Current player ratings for the guys involved in that trade:

Miggy: 236
Scherzer: 202
Hanley: 59

Trevor May (I dropped him): 194

Finally pulled the plug on Yan Gomes and was lucky enough to get Yasmani Grandal. Gomes went 0-7 yesterday; while I think he can be a respectable option at that ghastly position, I'll take my chances elsewhere.

Current player ratings for the guys involved in that trade:

Miggy: 236
Scherzer: 202
Hanley: 59

Trevor May (I dropped him): 194
Yeah HanRam is showing up everyone that doubted him. GAH! You would have made that trade if I hadnt thrown in HanRam, wouldnt you have? please say no

No. I thought Miggy was the most valuable player, Scherzer was second, Hanley was third so you did need to throw in an extra piece. I don't think I would've made it without him, because I only barely accepted.

A system of cells interlinked
Well, he was throwing in Fenway against the undisputed best hitting team in baseball right now. Sox are first in all hitting categories. Hard to sit a guy like Keuchel, but tonight might have been the night for that...

Make Believe Registered User
Who is up for a trade? Anyone want Wainwright or Greinke? I am looking for a better starter. For how far behind I am in the ranks, I cant afford to wait for them to come around.

My god Keuchel sucks. How does a guy go from winning Cy Young to one of the worst pitchers?

Roids?
His velocity is down a few ticks from last year, which could be steroids or it could be any other reason. Most pitchers have such a tenuous grasp on getting guys out that they can't survive small losses in velocity or movement. (See also: Tim Lincecum)

It really makes you appreciate the guys that are good year in and year out.

Yeah, it seems simple, but some of these guys can flash the ball or tip their pitches or lose velocity just by changing their release angle a couple of inches. It's really, really hard to mimic the same movement every time, tens of thousands of times a year, with different grips and throwing at different speeds.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I had to invade you guys' after seeing that on the news. Credit to Bats, he got one lined up on that jaw and stayed up.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Greenie nailed it. "That one punch was better than any one thrown in Pacquiao / Mayweather."

Good thing I still Pedroia and Harrison, because Rougned's going to be out for a bit. The Rangers handled all of that really poorly. The HBP was intentional and it came in his last AB of the series.

Good thing I still Pedroia and Harrison, because Rougned's going to be out for a bit. The Rangers handled all of that really poorly. The HBP was intentional and it came in his last AB of the series.
I didnt think Bautista was really trying to hurt him. I remember AJ Pierzynski sliding into 2nd a few seasons ago, and almost broke Ben Zobrists ankle. I mean it look ugly, Zo said something to him, and AJ didnt respond whatsoever. So the next day AJs up to bat, even the announcers said he was gonna get plunked by the pitcher, and he was. Aj took the beam, and then calmly took his base. It was all understood - Baseball Court.