How many full screen DVDs do you own by mistake?

Tools    

Title says it all; I'm working on a DVD project of sorts and am reminded of the DVDs I own that are full screen, but which I noticed too late. These days I'm more pedantic about it, but in the past I was less so, and in a few cases I was buying them used and super cheap, and didn't pay as much attention.

I think I only have 3-4. Off the top of my head, I have Ocean's Eleven and Red Dragon in full screen. I usually forget while watching them (some of the time, at least), but it still bugs me.

How about you, MoFos? Ever bought a full screen DVD by mistake? How many do you have? Do you watch them less often as a result, or just deal with it? Or have you ever gone back and returned it after noticing?

Movie Forums Insomniac
By accident I purchased Jim Carrey's How the Grinch Stole Christmas in target in pan and scan, so I had to return it. But that's it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
At one point I owned 3 copies of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Suspect's Reviews

I probably own about 20 or so cause I used to like it when I was like 10. I stopped buying them before I started really building up my collection though, so that's good.

Movie Forums Insomniac
I honestly don't care which format the movies are in. I really don't notice when I'm watching them.
You might not care which format it's in when you're watching it, but if you actually compare the two formats of the film you will see that you are missing out in quite alot.

Here are comparisons of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on DVD. The part in blue is the portion you see in full screen, while the the entire box itself is what you'd see if you watch it in widescreen.

I have Red Dragon in full screen.
I had Silence of the Lambs in full screen once. Picked it up by mistake.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have no idea how many full screen movies I have. I honestly don't care which format the movies are in. I really don't notice when I'm watching them.
If I have a movie already, and it's in a certain format and I want to watch it, then I will watch it. However, I will never intentionally get a full screen movie if a widescreen version exists. Some movies have never been released in widescreen format, and obviously films made before 1953 are not shown in widescreen either since the format didn't exist.

Now, my friendly question is "Do you ever intentionally pick a full screen movie when you also see there is a widescreen version of it?" Just wondering.

Now, my friendly question is "Do you ever intentionally pick a full screen movie when you also see there is a widescreen version of it?" Just wondering.
Sometimes, yes. If the full screen is cheaper (which it sometimes is), I'll choose it. Also, I've found that full screen movies seem to work better for smaller monitors (like my portable DVD player) so I sometimes choose them for that reason. Mostly, I just buy whatever is available and pay no real attention to the format.

The only full screen films in my collection are ones where widescreen are not avaliable - but I can't actually think of any full screens off the top of my head, but since I started with DVD, I've always checked if a DVD is widescreen first so I've never bought one by mistake.

I only have a few and they're ones where a widescreen version isn't available for them.

I never intentionally buy anything in Full Screen. Off the top of my head, the only one I got by accident was How The Grinch Stoled Christmas. In fact, for years I would not buy the Back to the Future series, until it was released in widescreen.