Dreams

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sedai
I had to have seen that before and didn't remember, I must have missed reading that was Holden when I skimmed the pics....
You might have subconciously seen that picture and the name. Thats where dreams come from..ur subconcious mind, just because YOU don't remember it, doesn't mean ur other mind doesnt.

Another dream of mine, i had it last night;

As it starts, im in the middle of the football field of my old High School. Its night time, and the field lights are on, blinding me. As my eyes adjust i can see into the bleachers, and in the bleachers i can see almost everyone that i can recall ever knowing. I mean, TONS of people. Before long i can see that they are looking at me, as if waiting for me to dance for them or something. Next to the bleachers i see the girl that im going to marry, (in real life- im totally in love with this girl- im insane for her. ) Anyways, she is standing all alone next to the bleachers, looking beautiful. I begin to go to her, when a bright light beams down from the sky, (real UFO like), blinding me again. The light leaves, and im all alone in the field with a blue bandana in my hand.

Very vivid dream, and i cant stop thinking about it. Im not sure what to make of it either. Any thoughts?

Lets put a smile on that block
Aaaah dreams. I have had some really random ones lately. I cant interpret them at all.

I had quite a strange one last one last night where i was at some beach somewhere, and this guy came up to me, he really looked like this guy from a show called Average Joe thats just come on over here in the UK. He offered me this new treatment for something, i cant remeber what, but he started injecting milk into my face. it hurt a little bit. then he made me eat mouldy spaghetti. Seriously weird.

I also had one the other week that i was in the shower getting ready to go to work and all of a sudden all of the gravity on the planet stopped working and everything and everyone started floating off into space. It was gorrid, my mum and dad were in the garden and they flew past the window. That morning i was so scared it was going to happen whilst i was the shower i kept expecting to see my mum shoot past the window. Crazy.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
So... this morning, I had a very brief dream that I was on the phone with my sister, talking about whatever, and suddenly she says, "they're going to kill him". I say, "what?!" And she says mom (who lives with her) had just heard on the news that they caught Osama Bin Laden.

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
So... this morning, I had a very brief dream that I was on the phone with my sister, talking about whatever, and suddenly she says, "they're going to kill him". I say, "what?!" And she says mom (who lives with her) had just heard on the news that they caught Osama Bin Laden.
Ohh- thats creepy. I dont know quite what to tell you on that one, but i can say that perhaps it just you dealing with some kind of inner frustration towards the subject. Thats just the blatently obvious analyzation- but ive never heard of anything like that.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Ohh- thats creepy. I dont know quite what to tell you on that one
HEY! How comes Delila gets her dream immediatly analysed but you over look mine!

Did i touch a raw nerve with that milk injected into face thing? It happens more than people realise i think....

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Aaaah dreams. I have had some really random ones lately. I cant interpret them at all.

I had quite a strange one last one last night where i was at some beach somewhere, and this guy came up to me, he really looked like this guy from a show called Average Joe thats just come on over here in the UK. He offered me this new treatment for something, i cant remeber what, but he started injecting milk into my face. it hurt a little bit. then he made me eat mouldy spaghetti. Seriously weird.

I also had one the other week that i was in the shower getting ready to go to work and all of a sudden all of the gravity on the planet stopped working and everything and everyone started floating off into space. It was gorrid, my mum and dad were in the garden and they flew past the window. That morning i was so scared it was going to happen whilst i was the shower i kept expecting to see my mum shoot past the window. Crazy.
Im sorry man- i mustve missed it, totally an accident though. Here ya go:

In the first one, coming into contact with a celebrity or someone who looks like a celebrity suggests that perhaps you are seeking recognition for something you recently did. Milk is an obvious refrence to the abundance of life, and in some cases, motherhood, we'll go with the former in your case.
So im guessing maybe you found a new way to live your life, or perhaps you were just feeling pretty good about things, and you just wanted people to notice before things went sour again, (the moldy spagetti)

The second dream- i cant really put a finger on. Are you just about to take a big step in life? Or do you have a big decision to make? It could be that your dream was you dealing with your anxiety of becomeing disconnected with the world/people that you know. Are you moving? Getting married? A little more info and i can go a little further.

Sorry again for missing your dream!

Im sorry man- i mustve missed it, totally an accident though. Here ya go:

In the first one, coming into contact with a celebrity or someone who looks like a celebrity suggests that perhaps you are seeking recognition for something you recently did. Milk is an obvious refrence to the abundance of life, and in some cases, motherhood, we'll go with the former in your case.
So im guessing maybe you found a new way to live your life, or perhaps you were just feeling pretty good about things, and you just wanted people to notice before things went sour again, (the moldy spagetti)

The second dream- i cant really put a finger on. Are you just about to take a big step in life? Or do you have a big decision to make? It could be that your dream was you dealing with your anxiety of becomeing disconnected with the world/people that you know. Are you moving? Getting married? A little more info and i can go a little further.

Sorry again for missing your dream!
Thats ok Some very interesting points here. Your first interpretation could be correct, ive been working full time for the summer and finally got paid the other day. Im usually a lazy student and this is my first time job and im kinda proud that ive stuck it out even though sometimes i wanted to quit so bad and hang about with my mates. I guess i was just pleased that i earnt all this money and actually done something this summer instead of sponging off the parents for a change.
Good!

My second dream and your interpretation i think is pretty close too, i had this dream just as i started work and was going through the phase when i felt like all my friends were having fun and i was stuck at work all day. Perhaps that could explain me seeing all my family float away, family obviously representing the people i care about.
Again, Good!

What dreams are depend on what you study. The Cognitive pyschologist believes it's the time of the day when your memories transfer to their permanent locations, binding and twisting the information. The Social Psychologist believes it has to do with what you were thinking about sub-consciously during the day. It's a play-back and continuum of events that crossed you inner mind. I personally go with the latter. I can't agree with the top because I've had things in my dream I've never seen before, let alone that day or is in my memory at all. But somethings I dream are relevant to a path of thinking I might've sub-conciously taken during the day. Cognitive psychologists don't believe in the sub-concious. I sort of do.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
This seems to be a good place to ask this question:
Does it bother anyone else when people tell you their dreams?
I seriously used to hate it when my sister would wake up and say," I had the weirdest dream!" I knew I was in for this long, confusing, random depiction of some dream sequence that I had no interest in. I don't mind when someone says, " I dreamed I was flying!" Then we could enter in to a discussion of all the various ways people "fly" in their dreams...for instance I flap. My mom soars with her fists out in front like Superman. What I don't like is the play-by-play run down of the entire dream...

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I like it, as long as the person telling the story is prepared to analyse it a bit. If they're just blathering with no intent to think about it, then I'm with you.

amen sistah!

I don't mind hearing about the dream if it really IS weird, and not just somewhat unusual. For example, I had a dream a day or two ago where I was playing my brother in a video game where he was controlling Bill Clinton and I was controlling George Bush Sr., and I had to dive into this water tank where he was tied up with chains and inject him with something and then avoid these two sea creature things. I kid you not.

I'm sure it just means I want to have sex with my mother, or something.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Oh God I hope your mom logs on to read that.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I don't mind hearing about the dream if it really IS weird, and not just somewhat unusual. For example, I had a dream a day or two ago where I was playing my brother in a video game where he was controlling Bill Clinton and I was controlling George Bush Sr., and I had to dive into this water tank where he was tied up with chains and inject him with something and then avoid these two sea creature things. I kid you not.

Despite what it means, that game would be fun!

I like hearing about dreams that people have about me. I am usually a murderer or have a penis growing out of my head, or am laughing all creepy and psychotic. This is what my best friend dreams about me hehehe.

Wow- its been awhile since this thread has seen the light of day- but i figure MoFo's need a place to share dreams, eh? I'll start us off:

The last few weeks i have been having zombie dreams. Like, CONSTANTLY ZOMBIES. Almost every damn night its zombie this or zombie that. The ones that i remember almost always feature me with big guns, of course, doing what i can to quell the uprising plague. They're not like typical zombies, mind you- they are agile, quick, kind of like zombie ninjas, if you take my meaning, but still, no match for the size of my guns. I've shared the dreams with a few friends, who insist that its only because i watch too many movies. To be honest- i havnt seen a zombie flick in months and months!

Some of them are pretty stylized, though- kind of stuff i could draw out and put in a movie, if i so desired. Any thoughts?

Randomly visiting for now
Some of them are pretty stylized, though- kind of stuff i could draw out and put in a movie, if i so desired. Any thoughts?
It seems like zombies are just representative of your adventurous nature and it could have been anything from vampires to aliens because as you said yourself zombies aren't particularly relevent to right now, i.e. you haven't seen a zombie flick in ages. Maybe the dream is just telling you that you don't have enough outlets for your creative nature. I reckon you are actively designing the sequence in your dream and getting a kind of satisfaction out of the scene of you blasting them away. Not so much the actual killing of the zombies (if it is that, tell me ) but rather the idea of danger and action and cool enemies. Maybe try something like script writing......game development.....or even just creative writing. what do you think?