Dreams

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Zeiken
its widely speculated that people cant dream in color- we can only subconciously associate certain things with color, but we dont actually see them. It is also believed that the subconcious would put color in a dream as a means to force the concious to remember that dream more vividly.
Damn, i wish i could remember any of my dreams at this moment. They're such a trip. But coz i can't... i can't remember if they're really in colour, although that's always been my impression. As a kid i definitely had more running-away fear dreams, and the odd sudden-nudity insecurity dream. I know had a boring job-stress dream the other day where i had to check my email as soon as i got up coz i thought i'd missed a deadline etc.

My 2 cents then is just that: i think Jung suggested dreams are a way for our unconscious minds to go through all the things "it" appreciated throughout the day that our conscious mind/ego blocked out. I'm fascinated by the ideas of how the conscious/unconscious divide might work - i.e.: The idea that the ego is both vital coz it narrows down the world into something manageable, but is also liable to "block-out" too much in the name of efficiency/rationality etc. So we benefit as a whole from processing all the excluded information unconsciously, and from the "mix" that happens when we are conscious of our dreams. It's a chance for important stuff we've missed to filter through. Well, it makes dreams make a bit more sense anyway... Doh, that'll be my sneaky sense-seeking consciousness interfering again

its a dog eat dog world
one subject i dont see under relationships is friendships/family, so i am asking for help on one of mine that i have had reacering for close to a year now, i have a friend, about 8 to 9 years already and we became very close, and about 10 months ago, i started having a dream about how her and i are twins and we are getting back from a trip, not sure where the trip was, and i am telling her that mom is waiting for us at bagge clam. what does this meen???

Originally Posted by Bones
one subject i dont see under relationships is friendships/family, so i am asking for help on one of mine that i have had reacering for close to a year now, i have a friend, about 8 to 9 years already and we became very close, and about 10 months ago, i started having a dream about how her and i are twins and we are getting back from a trip, not sure where the trip was, and i am telling her that mom is waiting for us at bagge clam. what does this meen???
Maybe ur really siblings?

Originally Posted by Bones

I'll have a stab at it.

Recurring dreams can posibly represent a problem in your concious life that you have not solved, whether you are aware of it or not. An unknown destination would mean that you do not know how you will solve the problem, or, in essence, you do not know where the answer will lead you. Im sort of puzzled that you return from the unknown destination, though. Perhaps that means that your relationship with this girl started out of uncertainty, and you have come out of it closer, (siblings.)

thats all i can gather so far, i'll look futher into the baggage claim thing. And you feel like giving me some more information on your relationship with this girl, i could probably give you more of an analysis. Post or PM me.

I'll have a stab at it.

Recurring dreams can posibly represent a problem in your concious life that you have not solved, whether you are aware of it or not. An unknown destination would mean that you do not know how you will solve the problem, or, in essence, you do not know where the answer will lead you. Im sort of puzzled that you return from the unknown destination, though. Perhaps that means that your relationship with this girl started out of uncertainty, and you have come out of it closer, (siblings.)

thats all i can gather so far, i'll look futher into the baggage claim thing. And you feel like giving me some more information on your relationship with this girl, i could probably give you more of an analysis. Post or PM me.
Yes I agree, the whole issue with possibly not knowing where you are going could mean something.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
So, this thread is going in a different direction. I would be more than happy to analyze any of your dreams, no matter what the subject matter. I've taken 3 classes on dream history and interpretation, and i have a wide variety of rescources at my disposal, so, if you want, post your dreams and i'll see what i can do. And im sure there are others who can input as well!
Can I take you up on this?
I can usually interp my own dreams, but this was so bizarre...
A young mother and her little girl (3yrs old, white nightgown) buy a house, happily enjoying their first morning in the kitchen. They see evidence that the house is haunted and just then, the toaster lever screeches upward, and unseen hands fling scalding hot poptarts (yes... poptarts) at the little girl, burning the bottoms of her feet.

I remember wondering why the ghost attacked the little girl, when in any horror movie you see, they go after the parents.

What was that all about??

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Can I take you up on this?
I can usually interp my own dreams, but this was so bizarre...
A young mother and her little girl (3yrs old, white nightgown) buy a house, happily enjoying their first morning in the kitchen. They see evidence that the house is haunted and just then, the toaster lever screeches upward, and unseen hands fling scalding hot poptarts (yes... poptarts) at the little girl, burning the bottoms of her feet.

I remember wondering why the ghost attacked the little girl, when in any horror movie you see, they go after the parents.

What was that all about??
Well, as i said about unknown people, they usually represent people you would like to know in real life. this may not be true in your case.

Feet are a symbol of progress and/or moving forward in one's life. considering this, im wondering if you had an expierence as a child, or perhaps something with your parents, something that you still feel held you back. Perhaps you missed an important opportunity and your subconsious is still trying to deal with it. Overall by number 1 guess is some sort of past regret your trying to deal with. The presence of the mother in the dream leads me to believe that perhaps it was a parental figure that created this regret in your life.

As always, if any of this rings true to you, PM me and we can talk some more.

I had another dream last night- it was really long, and really vivid. All i remember is waking up thinking 'My God, that would make an amazing movie! I should write it dow.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz'
I dont remember any of it though. Something about a woman.
Frustrating.

i just woke up from a nap in which i dreamed my parents got a divorce and i went and moved out and went to live with these really random peopel looking creatures- it was all very sad and random- and when my dad woke me up i didn't know i had been dreaming and was a bit shock that nothing had happened and that my mom had come home
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

I ate all your bees.
I had a dream about going on a Road Trip following some mates to I don't know where. I meet a friend I know along the way. Then I found a whole city built out of Rocks and waterfalls which was hiding behind a mountain. After going through the city which was filled with little blue people I found myself in a train station unable to pay for a train, then suddenly turning blind and then trying to run from some people who I could not see. I start to lose track of the rest after this point...

Not only are interpretations welcome, I dare someone to find meaning in that!

My dreams have been pretty bizarre lately. Last night was all over the place...one second I'm running around a city with a blanket, then a hooker's helping me figure out how to get where I'm going (though I don't remember where that was, or why I wanted to get there), then we start to fall in love. Next thing you know I'm in a room with some of my family and a big praying-mantis looking bug falls from the ceiling and we start chasing it around. Sometime after that I'm biking on a trailer with my stepmother and step-grandmother, and we get to a point which is flooded. There's a few pairs of shoes there.

I'm not making this up.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Yoda
My dreams have been pretty bizarre lately. Last night was all over the place...one second I'm running around a city with a blanket, then a hooker's helping me figure out how to get where I'm going (though I don't remember where that was, or why I wanted to get there), then we start to fall in love. Next thing you know I'm in a room with some of my family and a big praying-mantis looking bug falls from the ceiling and we start chasing it around. Sometime after that I'm biking on a trailer with my stepmother and step-grandmother, and we get to a point which is flooded. There's a few pairs of shoes there.

I'm not making this up.
Yup, that is directly out to lunch!

Funny, I just remembered this... This weekend I had a dream where I went to see Spiderman 2 (which I did really see that previous day) and I ended up meeting Holden at the movie randomly. He had a beard and a cap on and we chatted about films and MoFo in line and went our separate ways after getting tix. Does Holden have a beard? I remember scanning the pic thread when I first came and I can't remember if I had seen a pic of Holden or not...

MoFo invading my dreams???

Originally Posted by Sedai
...MoFo invading my dreams???
I've had more dreams with people I know only from online than I have with people I actually know. It's a straight shot into the subconscious here...

Funny, I just remembered this... This weekend I had a dream where I went to see Spiderman 2 (which I did really see that previous day) and I ended up meeting Holden at the movie randomly. He had a beard and a cap on and we chatted about films and MoFo in line and went our separate ways after getting tix. Does Holden have a beard? I remember scanning the pic thread when I first came and I can't remember if I had seen a pic of Holden or not...

MoFo invading my dreams???

Did he look anything like THIS?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

its a dog eat dog world
I'll have a stab at it.

mabe the fact that she helped me alot by keeping me from doing something to hurt myself and keeping me out of a padded room, could that do something???

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Did he look anything like THIS?
I had to have seen that before and didn't remember, I must have missed reading that was Holden when I skimmed the pics....

I had to have seen that before and didn't remember, I must have missed reading that was Holden when I skimmed the pics....
Either that, or Holden Pike is Freddy Kreuger with a pretty face...
Yeah, I'm sure you'd seen the pic.

...what kind of place [i]is this!!??

There are those who call me...Tim.
I used to have a recurring dream where I was being chased by a giant dog in a revolving door with no exit (the dog would be in the section behind me) and I would just run round in a circle until I woke up. I think it was something to do with not being able to get away from the stress of my exams , because as soon as I'd done them the dream stopped.

Originally Posted by Ash_Lee
I used to have a recurring dream where I was being chased by a giant dog in a revolving door with no exit (the dog would be in the section behind me) and I would just run round in a circle until I woke up. I think it was something to do with not being able to get away from the stress of my exams , because as soon as I'd done them the dream stopped.
Dogs usually signify loyalty, protection, and unconditional love.
In dreams they can indicate that the dreamer is feeling lonely, unloved, or unaccepted.

considering that the dog seems to be agressive, i bet your subconciously dealing with the fact that your repressing your lonliness. Of course, these feelings could have been triggered by the stress of your exams, or perhaps it was indeed the exams.

The revolving door might signify the need to escape from something in your life, but as of yet, you cant find a way out. PM me if you have any more questions.